Application: "Bustin' Makes Me Feel Good" - A Ghostbusters RPG

Matt Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Matt Murdock

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: As if you have to ask.

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Myself and Byrd Man if things get too hectic.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: A character-driven, finite RPG, akin to SF's Tumbleweed RPG and the Hype! Horrors game. The Ghostbusters need some new blood. And, while the entire original team will be playable, there will also be some leeway that allows for as many as 4 members of the second Ghostbusters team.

billymaysthumb252x264.jpg

But wait, there's more!

Not only will Ghostbusters be playable, so will the villains! Well, at least the big, bad, main villain, his evil little human henchman. Of course, if potential players have any ideas for characters that could, and should, be playable, and have a way to convince the GMs, we'll be ready to believe them.

The whole point of the game is to tell a Ghostbusters story, one that you could conceivably see on the big screen. It's going to be less serious, a little bit more free with continuity, and go by faster than most of the other games.

billymayss.jpg

Decide to play in the next 30 seconds and we'll double the offer! Not only will you get to play as a ****ing Ghostbuster, but you won't even need to know anything about previous continuity!

Join today!

*Billy Mays may be a ghost the team has to catch during the course of their adventure.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

The year is 2011. The Ghostbusters are all alive and well, now acting as a franchise. Since their adventures in the 80's and 90's, they've all started working behind-the-scenes, ensuring that the Philadelphia, London, New Orleans, San Fransisco, and Transylvania offices are all operating smoothly and catching plenty of spooks and specters. In New York, they've even got a new team, full of fresh, young faces, eager to face the paranormal.

On New Year's eve, as the clock strikes midnight and the ball drops, 2012 begins. And though Egon, Ray, Peter, and Winston never put much stock at all in the Mayan calendar, the dead start to rise in New York City, and across the globe. Once more, the original Ghostbusters have to don their jumpsuits and proton packs and find out just what exactly is going on.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): A chance for RPers to tell a story of the Ghostbusters in a fun, cooperative fashion.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Bustin' Makes Me Feel Good - A Ghostbusters RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

GHOSTBUSTERS INC.
RECRUIT APPLICATION AND DAMAGES WAIVER

Name -

Character Name -

Check one: I am
[ ] Male
[ ] Female
[ ] Both
[ ] Protoplasmic (If checked, proceed to PAGE 9)

I, of sound mind and body, do hereby willingly and actively seek employment by the company GHOSTBUSTERS INC. I am aware of the risks that potentially and most likely will wait for me when dealing with the paranormal occurrences that are happenstance in the City of New York.

Reason for applying for the GHOSTBUSTERS:

The above reason is a truthful and accurate representation of my desire to participate on the team.

Equipment inventory -

Former Training -

Original Ghostbuster, Member of Second Team, or Villain -

Character references -

Please finish the follow statement: "On a scale of 1 - 10 my enthusiasm for the GHOSTBUSTERS on a daily basis will be..." -

In keeping with aforementioned enthusiasm for the job of being a GHOSTBUSTER, I hereby relinquish all liability from GHOSTBUSTERS INC. for any and all harm that may come to me in the field, at the firehouse, in ECTO 1, in ECTO1A, in ECTO MARINE1, or while dealing with the psychokinetic entity named "Slimer."

I will...
[ ] Always
[ ] Never
...cross the streams.

Signature: ___________________
Date:

Bustin' Makes Me Feel Good
werereadytobelieveyou.jpg

Ok, I've gotta admit. Using the Myan 2012 prediction is a stroke of genius.

count me in. No question bout it. :up:

*dons proton pack and boots up the PKE meter*

Can I be the ghost of Bill Murray's career?

(See MM? I can type while pissed!)

I am seriously thinking about Ray or Egon...

But I'm also afraid Winston will get no love. As usual :(

I would very much enjoy to participate in this Role Playing Game as Dr. Peter Venkman.

Good lord, why didn't I find this thread earlier...**** it, I'm in.

This game is getting way more interest than I'd originally thought it would. :D

Wow, I am seriously tempted, although I'd like to come up with a character that I think would be fun and funny before making any certain claims that I'll join.

Do...do we have to bust the ghost of Billy Mays :csad:

I think I'm in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"