Application: The Movieverse RPG

Carnage27

No one's puppet
Reaction score
Okay, so here we go. I'm open to some tweaking with the story/premise, but this is what I have so far. Let me know what you think.

movie.jpg

The Movieverse RPG

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Carnage27

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: PM me if you want my email. I'd rather not post it here.

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: None so far

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: A single-season game, run by a GM and hopefully a few AGMs. NPCs can be player controlled, but major events can and will be pushed forwards by the GMs. In fact I have a few plot twists and necessary battles etc.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer):

The Movieverse is in peril, and only you can help save all of reality!

Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith and ruler of the Galactic Empire has ruled the Star Wars galaxy with an iron fist for decades since the end of the Clone Wars. But now he stands on the brink of spreading his evil across all of the Movieverse. Inside the Maw Cluster, a virtually unnavigable cluster of black holes, the Emperor’s secret science installation has discovered something awe inspiring, as well as terrifying in the wrong hands. The cluster of black holes has created a doorway to the universes that comprise the Movieverse. Even now Palpatine calls out to all the evil that populates the many worlds inside it, and many of them answer his call. Together, they can shroud the collected Universes in darkness, and destroy the heroes that have denied them for so long. But first, their collected might will decimate the Rebel Alliance, securing the Maw and the Universal Doorway forever.

But all is not lost. Even as more dark forces, creatures, and strange animals pour through the Doorway, heroes from across the Movieverse begin appearing across the Galaxy. A great star cruiser of unknown make and origin appears above Tatooine. It’s only identifying markings read “USS Enterprise”. On Dantooine, a great castle materializes as if out of thin air. A man in a fedora appears in the middle of the Tatooine, confused and alone. A woman and a young girl are found on some sort of escape pod in a cryogenic sleep. A man in a fine black suit and a silenced pistol runs from the Empire on the streets of Coruscant. On Hoth, a temple made of crystal appears, and inside a man with an S on his chest ponders what is happening to the universes. And in the spot in space where Alderaan once stood a new planet appears filled with men, elves, and Halflings. No one in the Universe understads why or how this has happened, but sometimes the universe works in mysterious ways.

The battle lines have been drawn, and the final conflict between good and evil is looming in the near future. The only question left to be answered is whether good will truly conquers over evil this time, and whether or not the increasingly crossing Universes will remain stable.

Champions of the Force

The heroes of the Movieverse. They have been called or transported along with pieces of their Universe into this new linchpin universe in order to defend reality from the darkness.

Harbingers of Darkness

They are the villains we have known since our youngest days, and they are poised to cover the entire Movieverse in darkness.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): I've always dreamedof having an epic game where the greatest heroes the screen has ever seen can battle side by side against their assembled greatest evils. I believe this game can do just that, and it will give players the opportunity to really explore their imaginations in ways we haven't seen before here.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The Movieverse RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

The Movieverse RPG
Character Application

Screenname:

Character's name:

Powers, attributes, and equipment:

Origin and backstory (please include which movie, as well as what the character was doing when they appeared in the new Universe):

Faction (Champion of the Force or Harbinger of Darkness):

What can you bring to the game?:

Sample Post:

I was interested. But then there was too much Star Wars.

I'm completely open to changing that, as I said at the top of my post. This was just my first draft to see if people are interested in the basic premise of the game.

The rest is easy to change.

Good times! Well my interest is definitely there anyway.

Good times! Well my interest is definitely there anyway.

Sounds good. I've actually just had another idea pop into mind but I don't know how I'm going to get the logistics going.

I'll try to figure it out, and in the meantime as more people hopefully say they're interested I can get more player input so we come to a universe that everyone is interested in.

I personally think you should try to confine this to less worlds being merged. Only because I think that just like a full-blown game the 'verse should be defined enough. Even though this is a short-term I fear you might run into the same trouble of worlds of people odd to cross paths crossing paths.

I agree. If I had any say I'd reccomend either a space/sci-fi opera or an earth-based setting.

I personally think you should try to confine this to less worlds being merged. Only because I think that just like a full-blown game the 'verse should be defined enough. Even though this is a short-term I fear you might run into the same trouble of worlds of people odd to cross paths crossing paths.

Are you saying that my Roger Rabbit, Ash Williams, and Optimus Prime team up is too far-fetched?

Are you saying that my Roger Rabbit, Ash Williams, and Optimus Prime team up is too far-fetched?

I know your post is half-serious and half-joking but still going to reply because I think this should be said:

For a short-term game, the concepts should be small. It was my understanding that when people wanted these games what made them short-term is because it was something that would not exceed like 6 months real time to end. So I'd suggest sticking with simple, but qualitative, stories and work as well as the universes they take place in.

These short-term games are perfect for all of those concepts and games that were tried before or wanted to be made that had a small fanbase to warrant being a full ongoing game.

I agree with Trusty and Op. At the very least you should leave Star Wars out, just because it already HAS it's own game. Also, Transformers and Star Trek and any other franchises that have HAD their own games prior should also be omitted for the sake of simplicity.

Perhaps space movies should just be left out altogether.

Maybe just confine it to action movies. That would be a lot easier to combine. While still being able to combine various things like sci-fi and magic.

I'm thinking...Indiana Jones and the Ghostbusters have to stop Skynet from getting the Rabbit's Foot from the Impossible Missions Force.

Or...

If space sci-fi stays, then it needs to happen on present day earth to limit abuse. Perhaps the coming of Gozar causes a rupture in space-time. Now James Kirk has to beam to Earth and team up with John McClane and Conner MacLeod to keep Darth Vader from finding the Holy Grail.

First of all, I really appreciate all the input from people, and I agree that the scope was much too big for a single season game and I like the idea of having the game take place in the modern day Earth and limiting the character choices.

I'll retool the first post with a new background story and then I'll see what you guys think.

Okay, I keep coming up with story concepts in my head, each one more ridiculous than the other, but I digress. I'll write the two I like best out in a quick fashion.

1) In the Terminator Universe, the Resistance succeeds in destroying Skynet. Unfortunately, the massive atomic blast that made it possible ripped a whole in space and time, sending Skynet technology into the Indiana Jones Universe, giving the Nazis an army of unstoppable killing machines which a group of heroes transported through the Movieverse must band together and defeat.

2) Doc Brown succeeds in building his time machine, but the DeLorean also has the ability to warp to other universes. Unfortunately in a visit to the 007 Universe, the craft is stolen by Blofeld, who takes off into the movie verse in search of a weapon that will help him control the world at last.

Personally, I'm partial to the first. Let me know what you guys think, especially if you hate both of them haha.

Also, I'm going to make it so the games are earth based (obviously) and that only Earth based characters can be picked up.

Do we really need to have all these universe?

What if the concept was more like FTPO, where everything exists in the same universe on the same Earth. Although we could keep with different points in time, many things could just be brought up to the present like Indiana Jones.

I have to say, it'd be very cool to have a game where every new volume/season/chapter/whathaveyou tackled a different genre of movie. Like wieg made clear, action movies and space movies probably wouldn't mesh in the same timeline, but doing one volume within Earth based present day action and another volume within a futuristic science-fiction space? I would totally be up for that, that sounds amazing.

Though given this is a Short-Term RPG idea, this is probably not the best thread to express this. :O

I agree entirely with the two posts above. One Universe, a singular theme, keep it tight and believable.

I have to say, it'd be very cool to have a game where every new volume/season/chapter/whathaveyou tackled a different genre of movie. Like wieg made clear, action movies and space movies probably wouldn't mesh in the same timeline, but doing one volume within Earth based present day action and another volume within a futuristic science-fiction space? I would totally be up for that, that sounds amazing.

Though given this is a Short-Term RPG idea, this is probably not the best thread to express this. :O

Too late, you've opened the flood gates. :p

If this game picks up a good bit of steam and warrants a second season (or maybe third), it might be time to make it a full game. And we could foreseeably link the seasons a bit. For example, lets say this season is about action movies and the goal this season is to seal some wormhole before the big bad escapes with the magic macguffin. Well, the big bad does escape, and a few heroes follow him through...into the Star Trek universe where The Federation is trying to stay out of the war between the Alliance and the 'Browncoats'.

I've been lurking and I'd suggest that you guys use a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen formula.

Pick a year. Let's say 1984. Now who as a movie franchise was around in 84. And that's their setting mind you, not the year they were filmed. So since Han Solo wasn't around in 1984, he couldn't be there. But maybe Indiana Jones is 75 and working at the University.

Snake Pliksen isn't born yet despite his movie being in the 80's. That was set in the future. John McClane however is alive and kicking. I'm sure Mr. White is a young thief in Milwaukee somwhere. Doc Brown is working on the Flux Capacitor but hasn't perfected it yet.

The trick. Is the setting. After that your movie options are limitless.

:ff: :ff: :ff:

Too late, you've opened the flood gates. :p

If this game picks up a good bit of steam and warrants a second season (or maybe third), it might be time to make it a full game. And we could foreseeably link the seasons a bit. For example, lets say this season is about action movies and the goal this season is to seal some wormhole before the big bad escapes with the magic macguffin. Well, the big bad does escape, and a few heroes follow him through...into the Star Trek universe where The Federation is trying to stay out of the war between the Alliance and the 'Browncoats'.

I really like this idea.

I've been lurking and I'd suggest that you guys use a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen formula.

Pick a year. Let's say 1984. Now who as a movie franchise was around in 84. And that's their setting mind you, not the year they were filmed. So since Han Solo wasn't around in 1984, he couldn't be there. But maybe Indiana Jones is 75 and working at the University.

Snake Pliksen isn't born yet despite his movie being in the 80's. That was set in the future. John McClane however is alive and kicking. I'm sure Mr. White is a young thief in Milwaukee somwhere. Doc Brown is working on the Flux Capacitor but hasn't perfected it yet.

This is a good idea as well. I just worry the time which it is set will really limit character choices. But if other people like the idea I'd be all for it.

9symba.jpg

There ya go!!!

What's great is you can have old guys from the 40's and 50's and young versions of 90's and 00's stars.

This is the Movieverse you want to play and the 80's is definately the era. Maybe the 60's comin' in a modest second.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

True.

80's action sound good to everyone?

Unfortunately, that pic just makes me want to play MacGyver. :(

And the fact that I'm watching the series again. :p

Okay, so I haven't given up on this concept yet, and while watching Fist Full of Dollars today, and I came up with an idea that incorporates Franklin Richards' idea and Wieg's idea.

Basically, it would be 4, short, episodic seasons based in 4 of the greatest genres/time periods in film.

Episode I: The Wild Western
Episode II: World War II
Episode III: 80s Action
Episode IV: Sci-Fi Future

The connection will be the Spear of Destiny, which is the spear said to have pierced Jesus's side while he was on the cross, and which is said to give it's bearer great power. In each time period, a villain will be attempting to gain the spear's influence, only to be opposed by a group of chosen warriors.

Again, I'm just throwing a random Macguffin out there. It doesn't have to be that. But I thought it was a nice idea. Let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"