April Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

EXCELSIOR

Sidekick
Reaction score
BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CONTEST PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES!
(Print them out if you need to for future reference)

THE CONTEST:
SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS - That's right gang, this is your chance to show what you can do with your favorite Saturday morning cartoon characters! Be it He-Man, Smurfs, Scooby-Doo, Gigantor, Speed Racer or Bugs Bunny.
Time frame is wide open, from Betty Boop & Popeye in the 1930’s to Justice League Unlimited in 2006… I encourage you to do your own research!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

THE RULES:
One entry per artist. Try and be as ORIGINAL as possible, do it in pencil, crayon, markers, action figures, Photoshop whatever you are comfortable with. Photo-manips are allowed. For example: manip’ing Popeye into the JLU is OK – but be sure and tweak it creatively. I don’t want to simply see a cut and paste that looks like it took you 5 mins, that’s not very creative. Using art/photo reference is okay, I just don't want to see anyone directly COPY an existing piece of ARTWORK... Your entry should be posted HERE in this thread. Using artwork created by someone else and claiming it as your own will not be allowed - and that entry will be disqualified. Originality is always key!
*Previous month’s winner is exempt from winning this month, but can enter a NON-ENTRY in the contest!

And please keep the comments and critiques as FAIR as possible. Remember however by posting your entry you are open to critique!

ONE ENTRY PER ARTIST!
Take your time and show 'em your best work, try to avoid posting works-in-progress. (Any duplicate entries may be deleted without notice from the thread). You may want to check the thread occasionally to see that your entry is still posted, any entries not showing at the close of the contest may be disqualified. Also if you choose to 'team-up' with another artist then you must clearly state both names with the entry and who did what.

IMAGE HOSTING
You will need to host your own image and link it here in this thread.

THE DEADLINE
April 28, 2006
Winner will be chosen by YOU the fan artists... (Of course EXCELSIOR & SHH will have the final say)

THE PRIZE:
The winner will get name posted on the home page of SuperHeroHype as a news item for the whole world to see!

So there is your assignment if you chose to take it... You should post your artwork here in this thread!
ONLY IMAGES CREATED BY YOU AND POSTED ONLY IN THIS THREAD ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CONTEST. By entering the contest you are agreeing that the artwork submitted is original and created by you the artist, and by posting an image you are open to critique!

GOOD LUCK!

I love cartoons. :( I must draw something for this.

I would post mine but I know I won't win :o :(

i've a s**t load of he-man art but there is two problems, its old and it sucks

Silver Sable said:
I would post mine but I know I won't win :o :(
Don't play to win, play to have fun. :):up:

yea i might do stickfigure silverhawks or something:D

man, we kind of already did this contest a while back, it wasnt official but it was a fan art contest.

YES WOOOOOOOOO BUCKY O'HARE

this will be my 1st proper fan art comp entry, i.e the best i can do, the others have been last min throwing my hat into the ring

Cool :) I'm glad this one got choose, now time to pick out of all my fave cartoons hmmmm.

Which one should I chose *thinks*:

*Centurions
*Mighty Max
*Thundercats

YES WOOOOOOOOO BUCKY O'HARE

this will be my 1st proper fan art comp entry, i.e the best i can do, the others have been last min throwing my hat into the ring

Cool, can't wait to see what you come up with...I wished I could say that but my art sucks fullstop....but time to show my full protental.

Good luck everyone :) can't wait to see everyone's ideas and artwork.

:venom: Baggers :venom:

Baggers said:
Cool :) I'm glad this one got choose, now time to pick out of all my fave cartoons hmmmm.

Which one should I chose *thinks*:

*Centurions
*Mighty Max
*Thundercats

Some of these were after-school weekday cartoons. At least to my recolection...

Not doggin' you or any of the other ideas, but I've seen a couple pop up that are not "Saturday Morning" cartoons.

Can someone post some more Saturday Morning cartoons titles?
I have no idea what cartoon they are showing over there in the US...:confused:

might aswell post this

dooipod9ul.png

Well, when I lived in Germany, Robotech came on saturday mornings, so it counts as far as I'm concerned, lol.

teenage mutant ninja turtles, teenage mutant ninja turtles... heroes in a half shell, TURTLE POWER!

Damn, this would actually be somewhat of a challenge for me, I don't draw Tech often...

TheCalling said:
Can someone post some more Saturday Morning cartoons titles?
I have no idea what cartoon they are showing over there in the US...:confused:

Here's a link. Just click on Saturday Mornings and choose your decade. You should find something. Each link has a pic and synopsis of the show. I perused the site and found a lot of old memories from the 70's and 80's when Saturday mornings actually showed cartoons. I think I might do either Mighty Man and Yukk or Thundarr the Barbarian.

ahhh! I forgot about captain planet! Now I have to make a decision...:(

Bill said:
Here's a link. Just click on Saturday Mornings and choose your decade. You should find something. Each link has a pic and synopsis of the show. I perused the site and found a lot of old memories from the 70's and 80's when Saturday mornings actually showed cartoons. I think I might do either Mighty Man and Yukk or Thundarr the Barbarian.

That is very awesome and very helpfull. Thanks allot.

DOG LIPS said:
Don't play to win, play to have fun. :):up:

Thats the name of the game really and one that I live by since I'm not as talented in the art department as most of the members on here.

This months should be fun to do, I might enter this one.

i'm thinking about giving this one a shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"