Aquaman the King of Atlantis

Very much so, in my opinion. Not only is he one of the weakest actors on Sons of Anarchy, but he gave one of the worst lead performances I've ever seen in a movie called The Ledge. Nicholas Nickleby, Abandon and Deadfall didn't help my opinion of him either. He's awful, as far as I'm concerned. Courtney was good and likable on Spartacus and perfectly menacing in Jack Reacher. The only thing he wasn't effective in that I've seen is Die Hard, but everyone sucked in that, so I don't hold it against him.

Last edited:
Charlie Hunnam, Joel Edgerton, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Joel Kinnaman, Matthew McConaughey, Brad Pitt, Daniel Craig, Alexander Skarsgard, Leonardo DiCaprio, Michael Fassbender, Armie Hammer, or Gerard Butler

I suggest Dan Stevens of Downton Abbey fame. Aquaman needs to convey royalty, not just power. Stick him in a gym to add some muscle, and I think he'd be perfect for the role. Much better than all the other typical fancasting picks like Cooper, Skarsgard, Hunnam, Pine, and Ackles, who get suggested for every superhero role that gets brought up.

o-DAN-STEVENS-570.jpg

A little something I threw together while talking with friends.

First off, sorry...but Atlantis has to go. There can't be some gigantic underwater kingdom. Some tweaking would have to be done, but it is doable.

- Epilogue: During ancient times, Atlantis discovers an astonishing cache of futuristic technology and writings of the original possessor of said technology - The Black Manta. Though fearful of Black Manta, the people of Atlantis decide to use the technology they discover to advance their own society. The Atlantis of legend is born.

- Act 1: Atlantis is at its apex. They have used their technology to live above and beyond the rest of humanity, and have developed a communicative bond with the surrounding ocean life as a result of their technology. Aquaman/Orin is among their top brass. They have cautiously advanced as far as they can safely go, but there are those among the more scientifically inclined that wish to go further. They tinker. They experiment. They take a stab at portal technology against the wishes of everyone else, and Black Manta emerges. He lays waste to Atlantis, destoying crucial machinery and structure that destroy the island. As it's going down, he and Aquaman do battle. As the surface of the island submerges, Black Manta ends up with Aquaman through a portal that leads to present-day Earth.

Act 2: Aquaman arrives in the present, luckily without Black Manta...who is thought to be vanquished. He searches for Atlantis, but it is gone. He figures out where he is, when he is, and is ultimately discovered. Among other subplot material, somebody with an agenda gets the coordinates of Atlantis and goes digging. They find the portal tech. Aquaman warns of the fate of Atlantis pushing their technological limits and how it brought about disaster, but an attempt is made to duplicate their most noted achievements. Moronically, an attempt is made to do portal tech correctly. Re-enter Black Manta, ready to destroy modern civilization. People die. Stuff gets blown up.

Act 3: Aquaman and Black Manta slug it out. It probably ends up in the ocean, obviously. Perhaps Aquamans trident is actually Black Manta's, and this is how the tide turns - Aquaman gets it from him and uses it against him. He wins, then warns Earth of the fall of Atlantis. Don't reach for the brass ring to soon, I'll be watching. That kind of thing.

Very much so, in my opinion. Not only is he one of the weakest actors on Sons of Anarchy, but he gave one of the worst lead performances I've ever seen in a movie called The Ledge. Nicholas Nickleby, Abandon and Deadfall didn't help my opinion of him either. He's awful, as far as I'm concerned. Courtney was good and likable on Spartacus and perfectly menacing in Jack Reacher. The only thing he wasn't effective in that I've seen is Die Hard, but everyone sucked in that, so I don't hold it against him.
I wouldn't say bad but I've definitely become less enamored of him. He was extremely boring and blah in Deadfall while everyone else was pretty good/decent for the type of film it was. I remember liking him in Green Street Hooligans but I often wonder if the abs and showy nature of the role fooled me. I plan on watching The Ledge and SOA to gather more of an opinion. And of course I'm going to see Pacific Rim. I'm trending "he's alright" but I'm open to changing my mind for good or bad.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but having no Atlantis is all wrong. It's what will separate this movie from other superhero movies. The underwater setting and the fact that he's a totally different type of Hero, not just a water hero but a King. Having this setting will make this movie completely unique and original. It's what makes me so excited for the prospect of this movie. With advances in underwater technology coming in Avatar 2 as well, this makes the idea of Atlantis even more enticing imho.

I'm sorry but having no Atlantis is all wrong. It's what will separate this movie from other superhero movies. The underwater setting and the fact that he's a totally different type of Hero, not just a water hero but a King. Having this setting will make this movie completely unique and original. It's what makes me so excited for the prospect of this movie. With advances in underwater technology coming in Avatar 2 as well, this makes the idea of Atlantis even more enticing imho.

I do want to see Atlantis in the present day. The Mercy Reef pilot didn't show it and it suffered for it. May as well go all the way or not bother. Avatar 2 may set the stage but that's why it seems like an Aquaman movie would be incredibly expensive, because it would have to be done right, underwater 3D etc.

- Epilogue: During ancient times, Atlantis discovers an astonishing cache of futuristic technology and writings of the original possessor of said technology - The Black Manta. Though fearful of Black Manta, the people of Atlantis decide to use the technology they discover to advance their own society. The Atlantis of legend is born.

- Act 1: Atlantis is at its apex. They have used their technology to live above and beyond the rest of humanity, and have developed a communicative bond with the surrounding ocean life as a result of their technology. Aquaman/Orin is among their top brass. They have cautiously advanced as far as they can safely go, but there are those among the more scientifically inclined that wish to go further. They tinker. They experiment. They take a stab at portal technology against the wishes of everyone else, and Black Manta emerges. He lays waste to Atlantis, destoying crucial machinery and structure that destroy the island. As it's going down, he and Aquaman do battle. As the surface of the island submerges, Black Manta ends up with Aquaman through a portal that leads to present-day Earth.

I like the idea of Atlantis technology. But I like the idea of the technology helping present-day Earth. The movie should have an environmental message, and Aquaman could play a part in helping save Earth with this technology. There could still be underwater battles etc.

Avatar 2 will likely set a benchmark for underwater/ocean effects. If it is popular it could set a path for an Aquaman movie. But because of that, and because we are getting Avatar 2 in the near future, it likely means an Aquaman movie would be quite a while away.

Something I thought was good about the Justice League: Mortal movie was that it did involve Aquaman and Atlantis. So a JL movie is a great way to introduce Aquaman and Atlantis.

I'm sorry but having no Atlantis is all wrong.
Completely agree. Aquaman is a fairly pointless entity without it, like Superman for fish.

Atlantis could and should be visually spectacular, and offer an opportunity to tell a very unique story.

No Atlantis is like having no Gotham.

It would be extremely stupid

Vincent Chase obviously... :oldrazz:

All jokes aside. As long as it's not Liam Hemsworth, I would be happy with any of the others.

Having no Atlantis may save the film. In the past? Maybe. Throw in the notion that, as is suggesteed w/ the pyramids, that Atlantis thrived because of other worldly tech. It's too far fetched for casual viewers to wrap their brains around. I'd love it personally, but meh...Marvel even had to inject science into Asgard to make it seem more plausible.

Skarsgard or Armie Hammer for Aquaman. Would be happy with either. As an aside, Hunnam is Green Arrow in my eyes.

[edit]

I suggest Dan Stevens of Downton Abbey fame. Aquaman needs to convey royalty, not just power. Stick him in a gym to add some muscle, and I think he'd be perfect for the role. Much better than all the other typical fancasting picks like Cooper, Skarsgard, Hunnam, Pine, and Ackles, who get suggested for every superhero role that gets brought up.

o-DAN-STEVENS-570.jpg

I would also be on-board with this. Love me some Downton Abbey, and Matthew was one of my favorite characters.

Skasgard would be awesome as Aquaman.

Was he in the running for Captain America?

The trick I guess isn't finding the right actor but making it dark and gritty enough.

I actually really love the idea of the spectacle of ocean life though. If I were a director I would go nuts with that

Trevor Donovan, William Levy, or Liam Hemsworth for Aquaman
Karin Slater for Mera
Daniel Day Lewis for Ocean Master

He appears to be a soap opera actor.

Not to criticize you Silvermoth, but I don't want just any blonde twenty something with a nice body as Aquaman.

We need someone who can deliver the regality of a King, the fierceness of a warrior, and the nobility of a normal man who finds he was destined for something greater.

I think we need Joel Edgerton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"