Aquaman's Critical Reception Thread (Rotten Tomato and Metacritic)

I am pretty sure when me and other women show up to see this if we dont get our fix of Jason we will tear the building apart with our bare hands
Haha, they definitely need added security at your showing. :D There should be a lot more to come from Jason after this film now. I’d be very surprised if it doesn’t do very well overall and we don’t get at least a trilogy.

Imagine you turn up to see the film and they just have a live Rotten Tomatoes score on the big screen with commentators building up to the incoming reviews till certified status like a sport - and referring to fresh Hype posts as professional opinions on the subject. :funny:

Maybe the footy show can take up that gig, that's gold!

This is more exciting than the movie itself lol.

I honestly can't believe what RT turned us fans into. I don't know if it's genius or flat out sad. Every single work break I find myself religiously and furiously wearing out my refresh button on RT to see where Aquaman's percentage is at. Lets go Arthur!

At this point I think it's safe to say it's going to stay fresh, folks.

That's a huge win for DC and a huge win for the genre. If arguably the most mocked superhero of all time can command a successful blockbuster, especially after appearing in universally maligned films, I think we're officially at a point where any character can work on the big screen. What a time to be alive.

I’m guessing that “second wave” of critics mentioned by Sneider still has a few of us spooked...

At this point I think it's safe to say it's going to stay fresh, folks.

That's a huge win for DC and a huge win for the genre. If arguably the most mocked superhero of all time can command a successful blockbuster, especially after appearing in universally maligned films, I think we're officially at a point where any character can work on the big screen. What a time to be alive.

That's a very good point. We've already seen weird characters and complete unknowns make a significant splash, but this should be the first time for a character with a long history of ridicule that's almost more mainstream than the character itself.

It's more clear than ever that it's just about making a good film, and Aquaman seems to be just that. Hopefully this is just the start of the rebound for DC.

Now let us see if Shazam can keep it going.

Two positive reviews are posted under the fresh that werent there yesterday. Not sure if they counted them yesterday but they just werent visible

Now let us see if Shazam can keep it going.

Calling it now, Shazam is going to be a colossal hit. Just an absolute monster.

I've had faith in Aquaman for some time now, but I've had more faith in Shazam ever since that first trailer blew me away.

I've had faith in Aquaman for some time now, but I've had more faith in Shazam ever since that first trailer blew me away.

Total opposite for me. I had faith in Wan and he didn't let me down. I'm not familiar with Sandberg so my confidence level is low.

As in you think Shazam might do better?

As in you think Shazam might do better?

I think Shazam has a solid chance of outgrossing Aquaman, at least stateside, and faring better critically. I really love everything I'm seeing from it and that's a project/character I couldn't have cared less about a year ago.

I honestly can't believe what RT turned us fans into. I don't know if it's genius or flat out sad. Every single work break I find myself religiously and furiously wearing out my refresh button on RT to see where Aquaman's percentage is at. Lets go Arthur!

I wont ever do this again cause I honestly dont really care. I just happened to have a lot of free time right about now and wanted to see how it played out. And even though everyone is gunning for the Certified Fresh the truth is reviews are going to be coming in for the next week or so so who knows where it will go ;)

I think Shazam has a solid chance of outgrossing Aquaman, at least stateside, and faring better critically. I really love everything I'm seeing from it and that's a project/character I couldn't have cared less about a year ago.
When the original DC slate was announced with all the big characters, I was totally up for everything on there with the exception of Shazam (the character I've read the least out of the DC big guns). But my interest has gone up a lot since then and I enjoyed the trailers. For now I expect Aquaman to do more worldwide though as it has a more epic premise (a lot more moving pieces), great visuals and the freshness of having an underwater film. Not sure what to expect domestically from the 2 just yet.

It has the potential, ultimately it will depend on the quality of the film itself, but I am confident about them getting it right.

Apparently it's 1 fresh review away from securing a Certified Fresh status. At least mathematically.

Average Rating: 6.3/10
Reviews Counted: 78
Fresh: 59
Rotten: 19

It needs 80 reviews and have a score of 75% or higher. So with 1 more fresh review and 1 more rotten review it would have 75% with 80 reviews. Although they clarify that they might not give the certification right away, as they still deterimine whether the movie will drop below the minimum requirements. Also if it gets the certification but then drops below 70% it can lose it.

RT isn't easy on my phone right now, but I do see 79 reviews with 1 more fresh.
Can someone confirm it? Because if that's true then we already have 60 fresh out of 79 CMIIW, and that mean even if the next one is rotten, we're still have Certified Fresh in hand.

RT isn't easy on my phone right now, but I do see 79 reviews with 1 more fresh.
Can someone confirm it? Because if that's true then we already have 60 fresh out of 79 CMIIW, and that mean even if the next one is rotten, we're still have Certified Fresh in hand.
It's useless on phone. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"