Aquaman's Critical Reception Thread (Rotten Tomato and Metacritic)

I would not consider 70s as low, it’s very fresh what are people thinking. And it still has potential to go up and I think will be cert fresh. If they had included more reviews from China it would be higher already I think.

giphy.gif

76 reviews, 75% on the nose.

Man, it’s really skirting that line, isn’t it?

freaking hell this is down to the wire

it's like last batter bases loaded game, 1 strike and 1 ball, we need 3 more balls to get a certified walk, 1 more strike will make the pressure unbearable

Remember even if it’s not certified at 80 reviews, it could still get there afterwards. And even if it doesn’t, it’s fine provided there is no big drop

Remember even if it’s not certified at 80 reviews, it could still get there afterwards. And even if it doesn’t, it’s fine provided there is no big drop
That's true. We're all feeling a bit anal retentive right now lol.

Yeah 80 is the minimum needed. I believe if it gets to 75% after 80 it still is ok ;)

I think as long as the movie stays in the 70s everyone should be pretty happy considering the state of the DCEU prior to this on exception of Wonder Woman.

I agree but in that case, we should be happy in the 60s range too because that is still considered fresh. But we wants that certification! We wants it!

f7FGvuY.gif

I think as long as the movie stays in the 70s everyone should be pretty happy considering the state of the DCEU prior to this on exception of Wonder Woman.
It will be interesting seeing where WW84 lands.

I agree but in that case, we should be happy in the 60s range too because that is still considered fresh. But we wants that certification! We wants it!

f7FGvuY.gif

Oh yah sure, certified fresh would be sweet and I would prefer it's not in the 60s. At 70s though I think it gives the casual viewer that comfort this isn't the same DC anymore.

Heck I think its also extremely helpful to Aquaman that Mary Poppins Returns is getting a similar score, and it seems like that there's a tinge more disappointment with MPR because other than its performances critics are saying its a paint by the numbers Disney sequel. Aquaman on the other hand is getting commended even by those who gave it a rotten that Wan at least took a huge swing and its either for you or its not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"