The Wolverine "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

CBM has replaced the action genre...more or less.People knows that if they want spectacle, CBM is the place to go.This CBM fatique that some people-mostly critics-keep mentioning for a few years now, is not gonna happen anytime soon.

Yes it pretty much has, the action genre is a bit hit and miss these days, cant seem to move on from the 80's still trying to use the nostalgia of Stallone, Willis and Schwarzenegger in things like Expendable's which is pretty average and the last Die Hard was just :barf:

There is the odd success like Bourne but CBM's really have taken their place at the box office, I guess it also comes down to the tastes of the audience too and CBM's have the great advantage of appealing to young as well as old which significantly pushes up the $ appeal to the suits.

RT score after 200 reviews is now up to 69%, seems to be bouncing between that and 68% now. If only it could get a nice run to finish on 70% but every so often theres a numpty with a rotten review to bring it down.

Only joking but looks like it will finish either on 68 or 69, it just cant decide which:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_wolverine_2012/

At this point, i'm just happy that it's got that rating. A few months ago, most fans here predicted that the movie will ended up with a rotten reviews...bad place, even after all the positive reviews started to come more often,there were fans here that still was convinced it's going to end up with a less than 50%

At this point, i'm just happy that it's got that rating. A few months ago, most fans here predicted that the movie will ended up with a rotten reviews...bad place, even after all the positive reviews started to come more often,there were fans here that still was convinced it's going to end up with a less than 50%

This is true, its done a lot better than most predicted, including myself, in terms of reviews, which is great. Had a horrible feeling about it when the first trailers and shots were shown. Happy to be proved wrong and one of my favourites of the year. Its all good:up:

Funny thing...I'm a huge Wolverine fan,in fact, my comic book collecting/reading habit began with his ongoing series, and of course...the X-men.

To me, the fact that there's even a Wolverine movie in theatre was even more surreal than the whole Marvel cinematic universe.

And now...not only another Wolverine movie...but one that looks to be both a financial and critical success!

Yeah I never thought we would get another one, let alone one based on the Miller run. At least Origins made some money to get this made and yeah its nice to have a decent one no matter what happens next.

One is in the bag and with the possibility of the extended cut one that will be great to own.

And critics have been awful cranky this year.

Even the jaded critics had to acknowledge The Wolverine was good even if some of them didn't want to because of their own genre bias.

69% is much higher than most and higher than these bigger budget efforts...

Man of Steel (55%)
Oblivion (54%)
After Earth (11%)
Elysium (67%)
We're The Milllers (43%)
Percy Jackson (37%)
2 Guns (63%)
Fast & Furious 6 (68%)
The Purge (38%)
World War Z (67%)
Hangover 3 (19%)
The Great Gatsby (49%)
The Lone Ranger (30%)
The Smurfs 2 (12%)
Planes (24%)
Jack The Giant Slayer (52%)
Kick ash 2 (28%)
Paranoia (4%)
Jobs (25%)

Don't forget the box-office hit G.I. Retaliation w/c had a bigger budget than The Wolverine. I think it got 28%.

That's why it's so satisfying seeing the movie exceeds all expectations. The Wolverine was the one CBM that most fanboys was expecting to fail...on all fronts.The negative comments started pretty much by the time they released the first offcial image, and it seems to just build and build each time there's a new poster,trailer etc.

In other words...always great seeing the underdog win!

That's why it's so satisfying seeing the movie exceeds all expectations. The Wolverine was the one CBM that most fanboys was expecting to fail...on all fronts.The negative comments started pretty much by the time they released the first offcial image, and it seems to just build and build each time there's a new poster,trailer etc.

Its like the First Class situation again back in 2011! :woot:

I'm really curious if DOFp could live up to its good hype!

Agreed especially as its a movie about a character who is down and out looking for redemption, sort of makes the whole thing come full circle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"