• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Are You Afraid Of The Dark

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
Anyone remember this classic kids scary show that ran on the early days of SNICK back in the early 90's?

Some of the stuff they got away with in this show just creeped me the hell out.

The ones that were the scariest I thought were the clown one with the cigar, the one about the mystery soup and the one with the glasses and seeing things.

Discuss your fave eps and what you thought was scary and such.

The first two episodes of the show were pretty scary IMO. The first episode had to do with a girl in the mirror. The second episode was about Bozo the clown who smoked cigars. I remember the scene where the kid runs into his bedroom and the phone rings and it's Bozo on the other end! Then cigar smoke starts filling up his room. Some scary stuff. There were other creepy episodes but the first 2 episode stuck in my mind the most.

And also the kid was making something in the microwave and then opens it and a bunch of cigars are inside.

I remember this show from when i was a kid, scared the crap outta me.

I remember that show! It was awsome! There were some really great episodes. Is it out on DVD? It had some great characters. Like Bardoh, "No Mister, accent on the 'Doh'." And Professor Vink "With a veh-veh-veh."

I vaguely remember this show.

The cloaked and hooded dude who came out of the shadows of the walls scared me the most. And I remember another one about a kid dying on a bridge and his friend seeing his ghost.

The cloaked and hooded dude who came out of the shadows of the walls scared me the most. And I remember another one about a kid dying on a bridge and his friend seeing his ghost.

that episode scared me also

I remember that show! It was awsome! There were some really great episodes. Is it out on DVD? It had some great characters. Like Bardoh, "No Mister, accent on the 'Doh'." And Professor Vink "With a veh-veh-veh."

How dare you get the name wrong! It's SARdo. And you better accent the "Doh".

58506788.jpg

:p I only remember that cause someone calls him Sourdough in one ep.

Also, back in that time, Nick used to do these original music vids for their shows, and there was one for AYAotD that I remember, I don't remember the name, but someone would sing "Sombody scream" and they'd mix in some of the screams from the show. I've looked for that vid forever, but can never find it. Does anyone remember it and can help find it?

58506788.jpg

Give me a break, it's been like 20 years since I seen the show.

58506788.jpg

I only remember Professor Vink because every episode that features him people mispronounce it "Professor Fink" and he always corrects them by saying "That's VINK! With a veh-veh-veh!"

One of my favorite episodes was where Professor Vink loaned an old vampire movie (kind of like Nosferatu) where the vampire comes off the screen and starts attacking people.

Last edited:
the guy with the hat and cloak that floated up to the window.

The scariest part was the clown in the attic in the opening credits.

This was a show I loved watching every week as a kid when it aired as part of Snick, back in the good ol' days. So many good episodes. Tale of the Pinball Wizard was a favorite of mine, where the kid ends up being trapped in a mall playing a live game after being warned not to play the pinball machine.

I think almost if not all of the episodes are on YouTube, so I plan on checking out some of my other favorites and seeing how they hold up.

The second episode was about Bozo the clown who smoked cigars. I remember the scene where the kid runs into his bedroom and the phone rings and it's Bozo on the other end! Then cigar smoke starts filling up his room. Some scary stuff. There were other creepy episodes but the first 2 episode stuck in my mind the most.

His name was actually Zeebo the clown. I too thought it was Bozo at first, until I rewatched the episode earlier this year. I can remember trying to watch the episode when it aired but I just couldn't. I hid my face anytime I thought Zeebo would appear. Which is funny now to watch it, because you never actually see Zeebo do anything. I was scared for no reason. :o

The scariest part was the clown in the attic in the opening credits.

I literally hid behind the couch once as a child to avoid seeing that damn clown. He was terrifying. :csad:

The first two episodes of the show were pretty scary IMO. The first episode had to do with a girl in the mirror. The second episode was about Bozo the clown who smoked cigars. I remember the scene where the kid runs into his bedroom and the phone rings and it's Bozo on the other end! Then cigar smoke starts filling up his room. Some scary stuff. There were other creepy episodes but the first 2 episode stuck in my mind the most.

I couldn't sleep for weeks after the clown episode. That made me afraid of clowns. :csad:

Another creep episode I remember is when a girl and her family move into a house where a little girl went missing years ago and the original family leaves her old doll house. Then the new girl discovers the missing kid has been trapped in the doll house. That creeped me out when I was little.

Last edited:
I liked that episode with the evil wizard Goth. Were the kid falls under his spell.

And of course Zeebo the clown.

I think this should be turned into a horror movie. But then again hollywood would damage it.

It was a cool show. I episode i remember the most is the one with this kid who got a magic little door from a, im guessing, magic shop and the door would show him things.. and it showed him a girl who was stuck in a burning building and the next day the girl was a new kid in his class.. I only remember it 'cos I thought the actress playing said girl was hot..

I also vaguely remember about a clown and he made people play a life size board game or something and in the end a kid tricked the clown into going free by doing that 'i can drink this before you drink yours' trick..

An episode I remember being scared of was this guy saw himself on the other side of a window, except he was dead.

I’m fairly sure it was this show, but it might have been Tales from the Crypt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"