Comics Are you ready for the SECOND COMING of the Mutant Messiah?

prv5722_cov.jpg

prv5722_pg1.jpg

prv5722_pg2.jpg

prv5722_pg3.jpg

prv5722_pg4.jpg

prv5722_pg5.jpg

prv5722_pg6.jpg

prv5722_pg7.jpg

X-MEN: SECOND COMING #2

STORY BY Zeb Wells, Mike Carey, Craig Kyle, more...
ART BY Ibraim Roberson, Esad Ribic, Greg Land, more...
COLORS BY Matt Milla, Matt Wilson, Frank Martin, more...
LETTERS BY VC - Joe Caramagna, VC - Clayton Cowles, VC - Joe Sabino
COVER BY Adi Granov, David Finch, Matt Banning, more...
PUBLISHER: Marvel Comics
COVER PRICE: $3.99
RELEASE DATE: Wed, July 14th, 2010

The end is here. Sacrifices have been made. The most dangerous and successful attempt at the extermination of mutants is upon us. Who will walk away?

I read an intresting theory on how they'll bring Cable back. He never died. I didnt even notice this but there was no body. All we saw was his arm ripping off but his body didnt shatter. Considering he was in the middle of a time portal, it appears his arm was shattered as that closed on him. His arm stays in the present while he's trapped in the future. I think this is how they'll get him to return. If that does happen, I hope they at least wait a year as to not cheapen this sacrifice too soon

I say wait two years. God knows they'll be bringing Kurt back sooner or later, lets have some breathing room between the two returns.

prv5720_cov.jpg

prv5720_pg1.jpg

prv5720_pg2.jpg

prv5720_pg3.jpg

prv5720_pg4.jpg

prv5720_pg5.jpg

prv5720_pg6.jpg

X-MEN HELLBOUND #3

STORY BY Chris Yost
ART BY Harvey Tolibao, Tom Raney
COLORS BY Jay David Ramos
LETTERS BY VC - Joe Sabino
COVER BY Marko Djurdjevic
PUBLISHER: Marvel Comics
COVER PRICE: $3.99
RELEASE DATE: Wed, July 14th, 2010

The exciting conclusion to this SECOND COMING Tie-In Series! While the future of mutantkind is in the balance back on Earth, a small team of X-Men fight the demons of Limbo for the fate of their teammate Magik. But with one of their own corrupted by the dimension’s dark influence and another of their number undergoing a change of heart, will Magik be able to emerge unscathed? One thing’s for sure: after this, things will never be the same…

The events nearly over and Illyana finally shows up! lol

i always felt it was pointless to have this come out the same day the event ends.

Wow I think that is the most Northstar has talked in months if not years.

Ive just had a thought about Hope...

Maybe Jean sparked mutant births again in the White Hot Room through Hope. As It could be part of the Phoenix's work to fix things.

and with Hope having mimicing powers she copied the phoenix raptor. and therefore is not a host of the Phoenix but mimicing it. Like she has shown with other powers.

But who did Hope mimic the Phoenix raptor from? Most mutants with powers like Hope's have to actually get physically close to someone to use their powers. Hope never met Jean. She never even met Rachel.

I think Hope is a host of the Phoenix Force. It's not like Jean has the exclusive rights to it or anything.

Please Manic..just..no...you are about to open a can of worms like no other. the whole Jean IS Phoenix/Jean is only a host for the Phoenix debate.

Nothing to see here folks. just keep moving along

The can is open, Outcry.

There were hosts to the Phoenix Force before Jean, and there can be hosts after her. We've seen the others in the White Hot Room before. Jean just happens to be the White Phoenix of the Crown, whatever the hell that means. There's a Shi'ar dude in the Starjammers right now whose grandfather Rook'shir was a host to the Phoenix long before Jean was ever born. The Phoenix Force is supposed to be a manifestation of life and eath in the universe; that junk simply didn't start with Jean.

However, there appears to be a difference between people like Emma and Charles who used some aspect of the Phoenix for a short while, and people like Jean and Rachel who seem to be able to naturally tap into it.

I think Hope is like Jean, Rachel, Rook'shir, etc. I think she's naturally tied to the Phoenix Force. After all, we've been seeing firebirds in the girl's eyes since she was a toddler.

But who did Hope mimic the Phoenix raptor from? Most mutants with powers like Hope's have to actually get physically close to someone to use their powers. Hope never met Jean. She never even met Rachel.

I think Hope is a host of the Phoenix Force. It's not like Jean has the exclusive rights to it or anything.

How do we know Hope never met Jean. Jean could have visited Hope in the womb to ignite some X-gene, or the moment she was born. Sort of like When Jean visited Emma during Sisterhood arc.

How do we know Hope's fetus never burst out of the womb and did a tap dance into the White Hot Room followed by a duet of Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff" with Jean before she rode back into the hospital delivery room on a rainbow created by Starlite the talking horse?

I'm just saying, based on what we know and what we've seen, Hope Summers has never had any contact (visible, physical, telepathic, or otherwise) with Jean Grey-Summers.

It looks that way, but no we don't know for sure. But it beats my previous theory that she was manipulating the powers of others.

The Phoenix raptor isnt something that was mimicked. Either she has one of the lost fragments from Endsong or she is a fragment herself. UInfortunately I dont think we'll be getting an answer in this week's epilogue

We don't know anything about her powers for sure
Actually we do. They'bve been dropping hints for months and the last issue of X-force confirmed that her powers involve power mimicry

How do we know Hope never met Jean. Jean could have visited Hope in the womb to ignite some X-gene, or the moment she was born. Sort of like When Jean visited Emma during Sisterhood arc.
I dont think Hope was ever in a womb as I dont beleive she was "born". I think she jsut came to exist one day. From the ebginning I thought she was a lost phoenix fragment come to life.

How do we know Hope's fetus never burst out of the womb and did a tap dance into the White Hot Room followed by a duet of Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff" with Jean before she rode back into the hospital delivery room on a rainbow created by Starlite the talking horse?
i knew Messiah Complex was missing something...

Actually we do. They'bve been dropping hints for months and the last issue of X-force confirmed that her powers involve power mimicry

Yeah, but the category of "mimic" could have so many details. Can she only mimic powers w/i a certain radius, powers from X-Men who's names begin with vowels, etc...

Last edited:
Beast: "It appears you only have the ability to emulate the gifts of mutants who were born in years ending with odd numbers."

Yeah, but the category of "mimic" could have so many details. Can she only mimic powers w/i a certain radius, powers from X-Men who's names begin with vowels, etc...
In X-force 28, the powers she was shown to mimic were those fighting the sentinels on Utopia. She was near Cable and Bishop when she did the same with them. She was near Scott when she mimicked his optic energy s few issues ago and was near Nightcrawler when I suspected she mimicked him

According to Wikipedia, Cable sabotaged Bishop's robotic time-traveling arm. It exploded, leaving Bishop stranded in the year 6700AD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"