Comics The '07 X-Event: Endangered Species, Messiah Complex, & Disassembled

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
Let's start off with this newly released solicit for a one shot that is likely to help kick off the whole thing:

X-Men_ES.jpg

X-MEN: ENDANGERED SPECIES ONE-SHOT
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils by SCOT EATON
Cover by MARC SILVESTRI
Join THE ASTONISHING X-MEN, X-FACTOR, and the NEW X-MEN for the first steps towards the fate of the entire mutant race.
48 PGS./T+…$3.99​

So Cyclops gets his powers back. Great. Don't much care for this event. Seems like more death.

awesome rogue looks great on that cover

So....the remaining mutants from house of M are gonna buck the system and fight back against 'The Man' risking eradication in order to save themselves...sounds good

So what do we actually know about this story now then, As we've got this thread here now lets all try and gather some information together....

Im quite surte i herd somewhere that it will be involving Sinister.
The Baeubier twins are meant to play an important part in it to.

Yes, Sinister is expected to be the main villain involved in the whole thing, along with Exodus and his new Acolytes, as well as the return of the Marauders.

But nothing has been said about the Beaubier twins playing an important part.

Can't forget this:

X-Men200color.jpg

When it hit the stands in 1985, Uncanny X-Men #200 rocked the status quo of the Children of the Atom with a critically ill Professor X leaving indefinitely for outer space and passing his role as mentor to supposedly reformed archenemy Magneto.

When X-Men #200 by writer Mike Carey and artist Chris Bachalo touches down this June, the fallout may be even bigger.

The groundwork for the next momentous chapter in the lives of the X-Men will be laid this summer, setting up a major crossover in the fall between Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, X-Factor and New X-Men featuring every major character in the X-Men Universe that will redefine the mutant status quo once more and clean the slate for 2008.

“The big thing we’re trying to do is capture the manic excitement and ‘anything can happen’ feeling the best of the past crossovers had,” elaborates Uncanny X-Men and New X-Men editor Nick Lowe. “The biggest problem [for mutants in this story] is that their species is slowly dying. No new mutants are being born and each mutant that dies brings them closer to extinction.”

And it all begins in X-Men #200.

To whet your appetites for the big event, Marvel has provided a feast for the eyes with this gorgeous cover for the anniversary issue by David Finch, featuring a heaping helping of X-Men past, present… and future?

So Cyclops gets his powers back. Great. Don't much care for this event. Seems like more death.

I just hope Carey's not the solo mastermind of it all. I suppose a Carey/Brubaker team could even be worse after the horrible UXM year but oh well...

It's a cover image, doesn't always mean everything on it is exactly how we think it is. For all we know, the visor he wears could fire the laser beams instead of his eyes, or he gets his powers back but can control them but uses the visor to control the intensity/shape of the beam.

I just hope Carey's not the solo mastermind of it all. I suppose a Carey/Brubaker team could even be worse after the horrible UXM year but oh well...

It's spanning across the majority of the X-books, and all their respective creators will be writing their parts of the event. Nothing has been said about one book dealing with just the event like House of M or Civil War.

It's a cover image, doesn't always mean everything on it is exactly how we think it is. For all we know, the visor he wears could fire the laser beams instead of his eyes, or he gets his powers back but can control them but uses the visor to control the intensity/shape of the beam.
more specifcally, X-men, New X-men, Uncanny, and X-factor will be the titles which will feature the story

more specifcally, X-men, New X-men, Uncanny, and X-factor will be the titles which will feature the story

Exactly, which is why the leaders of those specific teams, plus Wolverine, are featured on the cover in my initial post.

Wait UXM had a terrible year? Did we read the same UXM? Darth, the more and more I read your point of views, the more and more I laugh in your general direction. :o :p

Wait UXM had a terrible year? Did we read the same UXM? Darth, the more and more I read your point of views, the more and more I laugh in your general direction. :o :p

*snorts*

I'm fairly certain there are more people who disliked - or were at the very least quite unimpressed by the last 12 bloody issues UXM arc than there are hardcore defenders. :whatever:

I mean, christ, twelve issues for that and it also needed a bloody mini-serie just to introduce the villain. :whatever:

And I'm rather curious as to what ridiculous/preposterous opinions/diatribes I've been throwing out there. If anything, I usually go for reason and cynism. :whatever:

Eh. On my part, I rather focus about it seriously boosting his chances of surviving the current AXM arc. :woot:

So I've seen comments on Cyke's visor. We know that Torn and Unstoppable are supposed to happen sometime in the future...but do we know WHEN?! Is Astonishing ever going to fit into continuity or not?!

P.S. When is this endangered species one-shot coming out? And I do so love the fact that Jamie and Noriko are on the cover!

I agree. So I guess the Astonishing team will just run in the other titles.....and Kurt makes it back from the Uncanny storyline...which is good news......

I am really excited to see whats in store.....

UXM is a great book.....

Anyway...Like I said in the other forum that team on that cover looks great.........is this before or after WWH???...

AXM and X-factor didn't leave on good terms last time they met...

So I've seen comments on Cyke's visor. We know that Torn and Unstoppable are supposed to happen sometime in the future...but do we know WHEN?! Is Astonishing ever going to fit into continuity or not?!

Mmm.

Torn and Unstoppable are mere days ahead of the rest.

Thought the other teams were supposed to catch up to them so everyone can be in continuity for the crossover...

my main problem with this is the apparent shake up of all the teams afterwards... didn't we just do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"