Comics Are you ready for the SECOND COMING of the Mutant Messiah?

There was no solicit this week. Looks like the issue's been delayed. That should make thing interesting, because now the conclusion to Second Coming will come out a week after X-Men #1 sets up the new status quo.

Sort of like "Who Will Wield the Shield" coming out before the last issue of "Cap: Reborn".

Check out these variant covers

xforce28babyhopevariant.jpg

6a51601f37e9405498a12e1.jpg

There was no solicit this week. Looks like the issue's been delayed. That should make thing interesting, because now the conclusion to Second Coming will come out a week after X-Men #1 sets up the new status quo.

I know this makes sense and we cannot apply it to Marvel but maybe just maybe they will delay X-Men to stop this happening.

I know this makes sense and we cannot apply it to Marvel but maybe just maybe they will delay X-Men to stop this happening.

Oh I hope not. I really hate delays. They have like months to plan for these things. Does anyone know why X-Force was delayed?

Oh I hope not. I really hate delays. They have like months to plan for these things. Does anyone know why X-Force was delayed?
if anything my money's on Gabrielle Dell'Otto. that painting (real or digital) is time-consuming.

Just me, or does anyone else think that all superteams should really have a stash of antarctic vibranium in concrete storage to just wipe out Nimrods and Ultrons?

Poor Cable [blackout]I knew he was going to die and prepared myself months before this story even happened but I still felt bad when it happened. Marvel just removed my 2nd favorite character from the books[/blackout]

Hope finally got to actively use her powers. There's no denying it now; she's a [blackout] mimic. She got to use powers from Cyclops, Iceman, Colossus, Armor, Surge, and potentially Magneto. It also looked as if she manifested the phoenix[/blackout] Thank god Choi was drawing as he did it beautifully

Overall X-force 28 was a great issue and worth it. I like the flashback used for Cable and Hope and thought it was effectivally used

^ looking at your review is like trying to read a top secret CIA document.

these 5 new kids are not impressing me at all. two of the dudes look like they should be morlocks..evil morlocks. and the 1 dude screams pretty boy...im only intrigued by the girls

^Agreed.

They look like another group who will fade into obscurity.. That's been the fate of Many an X-villain team.

Also sorry to hear about our new loss, he may be a cliched Liefield character, but he still rocked..

Poor Cable [blackout]I knew he was going to die and prepared myself months before this story even happened but I still felt bad when it happened. Marvel just removed my 2nd favorite character from the books[/blackout]

Hope finally got to actively use her powers. There's no denying it now; she's a [blackout] mimic. She got to use powers from Cyclops, Iceman, Colossus, Armor, Surge, and potentially Magneto. It also looked as if she manifested the phoenix[/blackout] Thank god Choi was drawing as he did it beautifully

Overall X-force 28 was a great issue and worth it. I like the flashback used for Cable and Hope and thought it was effectivally used

I was underwhelmed. Kurt's death hit me harder than this one. Heck, Colossus' arm getting broken(which has magically healed BTW :huh::up:) made me feel more...and I liked [blackout]Cable[/blackout]!

I think it was a matter of waiting so damn long for Hope's powers to manifest and many months of preparing myself for the death like you said. I expected to be blown away, but I'm just kinda apathetic about the big fight. Ah well, time to skip the vampire arc :o

It's the death that literally everyone saw coming. He died, and Hope flipped out Phoenix-style.

Now let's get this over with.

I loved that image of Hope's eyes staring back at Cyclops. I know its cliche to say but I think its supposed to signify Jean and Cyclops. expecially with Emma's reaction straight after.

We will just have to wait till next issue.

i wish they had a bigger panel for [BLACKOUT]Wolverine taking down Bastion[/BLACKOUT]. maybe it means he'll be back next issue, but youd think they want a more climatic shot for the end.

It's the death that literally everyone saw coming. He died, and Hope flipped out Phoenix-style.

Now let's get this over with.
It is over. Next issue seems more like an epilogue with the 4 writers wraping things up before their stories in their ongoings resume. Unfortunately it doesnt look like we will get an answer as to who or what Hope is. Seems Marvel will drag things out to keep interest for her by maintiaing the mystery surrounding her origins

Frankly, I'm glad they killed Cable.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to offend the Cable fans out there, I actually do, and have always enjoyed his character. I just feel he is kind of done. He makes sense when used sporatically, but to me there is only so long you can drag out the whole "son of the future" storyline.

It becomes especially ridiculous when the comics abandon the relationship between Scott and Jean, the ones who raised him in an alternate timeline, and expect the character to still retain relevance.

Moreover he's very dated. His appearance is just one big reference to the God-awful ninties, pouches, giant guns and all.

I'd love to see Cable revisited one day, but without having to hang around the X-Mansion waiting for something to do. He could very well go off and be his own character once more, even though for the time being he's dead as a doornail.

Considering Hope was trained by Cable and runs around guns ablazing, I think she's intended to be his replacement.

I want her to take on his codename. I think it would be a good memorial for her father to become the new Cable

I loved that image of Hope's eyes staring back at Cyclops. I know its cliche to say but I think its supposed to signify Jean and Cyclops. expecially with Emma's reaction straight after.

We will just have to wait till next issue.

Oy. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"