Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83678
Source: Deadline
October 28, 2011

arnold-s-black-sands.jpg

Now fully back in the acting game, Arnold Schwarzenegger has lined up another project with an action film called Black Sands. Deadline has word that the former Governor will star with the directing team of Scott Waugh and Mike McCoy (Act of Valor) taking on the QED release.

Written by Skip Woods (A Good Day to Die Hard), the film has Schwarzenegger taking on a Southwest arms dealer.

Schwarzenegger is currently shooting The Expendables 2 and will then move to Kim Jee-Woon's The Last Stand. Black Sands is, at the moment, eyeing an April 2012 start for production.

Lots of new Ahnuld! on the way. :applaud

It's about time Arnold got back into making movies.I'm up to seeing this movie when it hits theaters.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is probably the only guy who could totally make a film from a Skip Woods script awesome.

I'm so glad Arnie has finally decided to come back & more movies. Admittedly, he's been one of my all time favorite action stars. I'll sure be on the lookout for this one!!

I'm f'n thrilled he's back in acting and already accepting a few roles!!

One of these Arnold movies has to have Bill Paxton. It would only be right.

So is the WW2 one where he plays the German soldier not happening? :(

Arnold Schwarzenegger’s ‘Black Sands’ Now With Supernatural Twist

ooks like there’s life after being a California governor as Arnold Schwarzenegger has been busy lately making one movie after another since he’s left office. First he chose the action flick ‘The Last Stand’ as his first come-back film followed by a reprisal role in ‘The Expendables 2’ and now he’s set to star in a new film called ‘Black Sands.’

At first it was thought that ‘Black Sands’ was going to be another action flick that Schwarzenegger is so well apt for and was described as a cross between ‘Man on Fire’ and ‘High Plains Drifter.’ Schwarzenegger was set to play a “loner who wages war against a ruthless weapons manufacturer and his private army in the Southwest.” However, just recently, the former Governator himself told TheArnoldFans.com that there’s a supernatural element in the plot not mentioned previously. Of the role Schwarzenegger says, “I’m a kind of angel. I cannot currently say more about this film.” Now the film is describing him as an immortal instrument of death who wages a war against weapons dealers and will be a cross between the movies ‘Constantine’ and ‘Commando.’

Filming for the movie will begin on April 1 in Belen, New Mexico and will be directed by Scott Waugh and Mike McCoy with the screenplay written by Skip Woods (‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’, ‘The A-Team’). By the looks of Schwarzenegger’s busy schedule, it doesn’t look like he’ll be doing a ‘Terminator’ sequel anytime soon.

http://sciencefiction.com/2011/12/30/arnold-schwarzeneggers-black-sands-now-with-supernatural-twist/

Apparently a rewrite by Kevin Elders and Sergio Altieri ("Silent Trigger")

Apparently it wont be too heavily supernatural, but rather implied High Plains Drifter style.

The movie is now called Unknown Soldier. Schwarzenegger's character is called "The Stranger".

Finally Arnold is coming back!!! I've missed seeing a movie coming out with him staring in it.

He's got a lot of projects on his plate. I hope he has the same star power.

Can't wait to add these new movie quotes to his soundboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"