Aronofsky's "mother!" (Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem)

Why would you say it's prententious?

Because the movie thinks it is better than it is. It's clear what Aronoksy is going for and he thinks he is making, but the film ultimately the movie didn't succeed in conveying that message the way he wanted. Which would be the definition of pretentious.

pre·ten·tious
pr??ten(t)SH?s/Submit
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

Because the movie thinks it is better than it is. It's clear what Aronoksy is going for and he thinks he is making, but the film ultimately the movie didn't succeed in conveying that message the way he wanted. Which would be the definition of pretentious.

pre·ten·tious
pr??ten(t)SH?s/Submit
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

but isn't thinking your opinion is a fact pretentious too? because it sure sounds like a pretentious thing to do.

Do we really have to put a "IMO" disclaimer behind every opinion?

but isn't thinking your opinion is a fact pretentious too? because it sure sounds like a pretentious thing to do.

Film is experienced at a personal level. So my experience with the movie is my experience with the movie. It being my opinion is implied by the very nature of the film medium. I am not putting IMO in every post I make.

Saw this yesterday.

Probably one of the worst spent 2 hours ever. The last 20 mins were really baad and made no sense. Me and my gf stood while watching and shook our heads in denial.

I really couldn't understand what the point of this film was. It doesn't make ANY sense and it's probably one of the worst films I've ever seen. It's just things happening for 2 hours without any plot or meaning to it.

Last edited:
Saw this yesterday.

Probably one of the worst spent 2 hours ever. The last 20 mins were really baad and made no sense. Me and my gf stood while watching and shook our heads in denial.

I really couldn't understand what the point of this film was. It doesn't make ANY sense and it's probably one of the worst films I've ever seen. It's just things happening for 2 hours without any plot or meaning to it.

- Christs Bible
- Oeconomics versus Sociology
- Refugee/Immigrant-Problem

Choose 1. :yay:

There's no in between with this movie. You either love it or you hate it :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"