Arrow Arrow Season 6 Episode 9- "Irreconcilable Differences"

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
BLACK SIREN KIDNAPS LANCE - Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) is kidnaped by Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) and Cayden James (guest star Michael Emerson), who are looking to trade Lance's life for a weapon of mass destruction. Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Team Green Arrow must figure out a way to save Lance while still keeping the city safe. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Sarah Tarkoff (#609). Original airdate 12/7/2017.

Read more: Listings - ARROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20171116cw08/#ixzz4yphRzahx

Spoilers
Because you all want it

Yeah like what everybody said there is a wedding reception

William and Thea has the same height lmao

Felicity arrives late with her parents and in slo mo. Oliver is awestruck

They kissed, people clapped

Their neighbour couple from Ivy Town are one the guests

Curtis and Rene reminisces their own weddings. Dinah doesnt believe in marriage.

Sonuvabich gave a watch to Oliver. Says the same watch was given to him by his father on his own wedding.

Curtis caught the bouquet

Curtis gave a drunk wedding toast(?) speech. Rene took over.

Olicity have their first dance. Thea and Rene dance as well

Lance met with Donna and the Calculator. Awkward

Lance received a message that there is a witness that can prove that Oliver is GA

OG team thinks its one of the Newbies so they put surveillance on them

Rene bought drunk Curtis in his home. Curtis is jealous that Olicity have a happy ending while he doesnt

Dinah talks to a guy named Vincent so I'm assuming this is Vigilante(?)

Dinah wants him to stay away or she'll capture/arrest him

OG team saw this and is suspicious of Dinah

Black Siren kidnaps Sonuvabich and beats Thea

Black Siren left a phone on Thea's hands to contact them

Cayden James wants an amplifier(?) in exchange for Sonuvabich's life

Amplifier is in an ARGUS facility. The team went (without Dinah) to the site and performed a heist

Apparently, the amplifier amplifies the blast radius of a certain bomb. Was there a bomb in the previous episodes?

Oliver asked Curtis and Felicity to rig/replace the amplifier

Dinah arrives and is wondering why she wasnt part of the heist

Secret got out that their surveilling them and its now OG v Newbies

It turns out that the witness that can prove Oliver is GA is Rene

FBI girl said she had proof that Rene is WD and she'll make sure she never sees her daughter again so she agreed to testify against Oliver. Plus, apparently the FBI has a solid case against Oliver

Black Siren's father apparently died when she was 13yrs old

Rene feels guilty, Thea talks to Oliver to forgive Rene

It's now time for the trade. Oliver asked everyone including Rene to suit up

So apparently Cayden James wants to destroy the city. How generic

Oliver asked the newbies to be on standby

Cayden gave Oliver a phone as Sonuvabich's proof of life

Rene and Curtis left their post

Cayden knows the amplifier is a fake

Things went bad. It's now Oliver and Dinah v dozens of guys

Rene and Curtis head to where BS and Sonuvabich is. They were sonic screamed away

BS leaned over to Sonuvabich's ear and is about to scream but instead she whispered "run"

Back in base, Oliver is mad that Curtis and Rene didn't follow orders

Rene was booted off the team

Dinah leaves the team. She meets with Vincent later

Curtis left the team

In the end it was revelead that Cayden ordered Black Siren to put a mini cam in the bunker

Team Cayden is revealed: Cayden James, Black Siren, Anatoly Knyazev, Vigilante, Richard Dragon and a guy named Boots (according to IMDB)

END--

edit: forgot to mention that Rene have his daughter back. Not sure if its permanent or just one of those visitation thing
https://amp.reddit.com/r/arrow/comments/7fvxvr/spoilers_arrow_midseason_finale_details/

That's all very jumbled and confusing, and seems like it's intentionally phrased to make it sound bad. Rene/Curtis going home together and Curtis complains about happy endings? Um...

I don't know if they're setting up for a romance between the two but I thought MG said he was actually a Rene/Thea shipper so I'm really confused because this seems to hint at Rene/Curtis. But there have been hints too i.e. Dinah saying "You guys will make a great couple someday" last season.

Yeah that aint never gonna happen! I'd love it if they did but it aint.

Team Arrow must be lucky to take in all this free food and booze between this ceremony and the one from the crossover.

Some of the new members of Team Arrow need to be in Legends.

Get rid of these guys, except Dinah.

Really, Oliver is the bad guy here? Please.

So Cayden's got his own little Legion of Doom there?

I think someone should call Constantine and revive Earth-1 Dinah Laurel the same way he did Sara.n i

I like the evil group that Cayden is leading.

This whole trust issue thing really feels like it was pulled out of a hat. There was no lead up to this at all.

Overall this was my favorite Mid season finale out of the 4 since the ante was up throughout the episode and not just a small portion.

It was nice seeing them all in a casual setting, celebrating and just being normal. I feel like the show had more of that back in the day. Also nice to see Donna again though not enough of her and Quentin.

Once I found out it was Rene who sung like a canary to Watson, it wasn't that surprising since he has always been the black sheep of the gang I feel like. I understand where he was coming from but he didn't have to keep it a secret for as long as he did and I am pissed that they didnt feel it was important enough to show him/Watson on screen. He really looked like an ass though trying to defy Oliver after all of this, if it hadnt gone down I wouldn't have minded him doing what he does in the field.

If Oliver had just listened to Diggle and confronted the team head on they wouldn't have lost everyone but I see Oliver fell back into his usual "Im the boss so what I say goes". And then he had to place doubt in Diggles mind at that lol....lord have mercy.

I was really itching for a brief Dinah/Oliver throw down but it wasnt hard to be on her side of things when it came to this whole "spying on your teammates" when it came to Diggle. He out of anyone should've had her back.

We FINALLY get some backstory to Black Siren this season...took long enough. Quentin dying when she was so young would definitely change things for the Lance family and I want to see what ramifications it had. What did Dinah do afterwards? Is Sara on E2? Gimmie that origin episode! But I was glad to see a bit of remorse from her when it came to talking to Quentin and that she let him go, though I wonder how she will swing that with Caydon or if they will just ignore it.

The team breaking into Argus was fun, I like undercover missions in general and think the show could use more of them.

Vigilante makes no sense, last we saw him he was all "I want JUSTICE! Justice with blood!" and now he is on team bad? Hopefully this Legion of Doom works as good as Legends did.

Post-Crossover happenings:

Supergirl gets defeated by Reign and is in coma.
Flash gets arrested and framed for murder.
Jax leaves Team Legends and Constantine returns.
Black Canary, Wild Dog, and Mr. Terrific leave Team Arrow.

No matter which show or character, Michael Emerson will always be the smartest man around :oldrazz: I'm feeling that Anatoly, Vigilante, and Black Siren might defect later in the season, although Cayden has probably accounted for that too.

Last edited:
In the LOD group shot, who was the skinny blond guy next to James?

Oliver gets Rene another shot with his daughter and he sells him out and doesn't tell him?

I'm getting a little tired of he's on the team/he's off the team for any cast member as a plot point ad nauseam.

No real loss other than Dinah. Diggle once healthy can fill the void 10x over left by Wild dog. Curtis is just a horrible character. Mr Terrific? Yeah I don't think so.

In the LOD group shot, who was the skinny blond guy next to James?

He credited as Boots.

We FINALLY get some backstory to Black Siren this season...took long enough. Quentin dying when she was so young would definitely change things for the Lance family and I want to see what ramifications it had. What did Dinah do afterwards? Is Sara on E2? Gimmie that origin episode! But I was glad to see a bit of remorse from her when it came to talking to Quentin and that she let him go, though I wonder how she will swing that with Caydon or if they will just ignore it.

Siren now has more influence over Quentin. The tech heist could have been a diversion to set that up, like Cayden's plot to break the internet earlier this season. It's Cayden's M.O.

Spoilers
Because you all want it

Yeah like what everybody said there is a wedding reception

William and Thea has the same height lmao

Felicity arrives late with her parents and in slo mo. Oliver is awestruck

They kissed, people clapped

Their neighbour couple from Ivy Town are one the guests

Curtis and Rene reminisces their own weddings. Dinah doesnt believe in marriage.

Sonuvabich gave a watch to Oliver. Says the same watch was given to him by his father on his own wedding.

Curtis caught the bouquet

Curtis gave a drunk wedding toast(?) speech. Rene took over.

Olicity have their first dance. Thea and Rene dance as well

Lance met with Donna and the Calculator. Awkward

Lance received a message that there is a witness that can prove that Oliver is GA

OG team thinks its one of the Newbies so they put surveillance on them

Rene bought drunk Curtis in his home. Curtis is jealous that Olicity have a happy ending while he doesnt

Dinah talks to a guy named Vincent so I'm assuming this is Vigilante(?)

Dinah wants him to stay away or she'll capture/arrest him

OG team saw this and is suspicious of Dinah

Black Siren kidnaps Sonuvabich and beats Thea

Black Siren left a phone on Thea's hands to contact them

Cayden James wants an amplifier(?) in exchange for Sonuvabich's life

Amplifier is in an ARGUS facility. The team went (without Dinah) to the site and performed a heist

Apparently, the amplifier amplifies the blast radius of a certain bomb. Was there a bomb in the previous episodes?

Oliver asked Curtis and Felicity to rig/replace the amplifier

Dinah arrives and is wondering why she wasnt part of the heist

Secret got out that their surveilling them and its now OG v Newbies

It turns out that the witness that can prove Oliver is GA is Rene

FBI girl said she had proof that Rene is WD and she'll make sure she never sees her daughter again so she agreed to testify against Oliver. Plus, apparently the FBI has a solid case against Oliver

Black Siren's father apparently died when she was 13yrs old

Rene feels guilty, Thea talks to Oliver to forgive Rene

It's now time for the trade. Oliver asked everyone including Rene to suit up

So apparently Cayden James wants to destroy the city. How generic

Oliver asked the newbies to be on standby

Cayden gave Oliver a phone as Sonuvabich's proof of life

Rene and Curtis left their post

Cayden knows the amplifier is a fake

Things went bad. It's now Oliver and Dinah v dozens of guys

Rene and Curtis head to where BS and Sonuvabich is. They were sonic screamed away

BS leaned over to Sonuvabich's ear and is about to scream but instead she whispered "run"

Back in base, Oliver is mad that Curtis and Rene didn't follow orders

Rene was booted off the team

Dinah leaves the team. She meets with Vincent later

Curtis left the team

In the end it was revelead that Cayden ordered Black Siren to put a mini cam in the bunker

Team Cayden is revealed: Cayden James, Black Siren, Anatoly Knyazev, Vigilante, Richard Dragon and a guy named Boots (according to IMDB)

END--

edit: forgot to mention that Rene have his daughter back. Not sure if its permanent or just one of those visitation thing
https://amp.reddit.com/r/arrow/comments/7fvxvr/spoilers_arrow_midseason_finale_details/

I read this before the episode and was like "Who's 'Sonuvabich'?" And now I'm laughing.

Anway, the episode was pretty meh for me. The Rene and trust issue stuff felt really off. After what went down with Flash, I had to laugh that again no one thought to check to see if there are any bugs in the bunker.

I just have this feeling that Arrow needs to wind down. It doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. And too many damn people know about Oliver and his team.

Last edited:
Post-Crossover happenings:

Supergirl gets defeated by Reign and is in coma.
Flash gets arrested and framed for murder.
Jax leaves Team Legends and Constantine returns.
Black Canary, Wild Dog, and Mr. Terrific leave Team Arrow.

The Legends are the only ones better off at the end of the episode. They lose a member with no powers and gain a very powerful member. Kara is probably the worse off because at least Barry and Oliver have their health.

I did find it funny that they couldn't get Barry and Iris to show up for Oliver and Felicity's second wedding. Guess they still hold a grudge:cwink:.

Siren now has more influence over Quentin. The tech heist could have been a diversion to set that up, like Cayden's plot to break the internet earlier this season. It's Cayden's M.O.

Yeah I've heard that theory and I really hope it isnt true.

I did find it funny that they couldn't get Barry and Iris to show up for Oliver and Felicity's second wedding. Guess they still hold a grudge:cwink:.

Lol, The Arrow writers really dont like dealing with anyone outside of Arrow so it wasnt that big of a surprise. But it also depends on when this is taking place since they'd be dealing with The Thinker and Barry being locked up.

This episode would've been 10x stronger if it was Laurel/Thea/Roy in place of Dinah/Rene/Curtis.

Just a thought, but what if this team breakup is a swerve due to them realizing that James had been watching them?

I don't like any of the new team anyways. I want black siren to be redeemed and Roy back for good. Thea and Roy were the best couple after Oliver and Felicity. I know Colton is in for few episodes later this season and not for good. But still I hope that since even Willa has reduced her screen time at least they give Thea and Roy a happy ending by end of this season. They can pop up for guest appearances on other seasons.

I really don't like Rene or Curtis. They were ruining the show for me. All that smart mouth and lame jokes were getting old.

I think that is mainly because that would mean paying two high grossing actors extra for another episode right after the crossover. Crossover this year looked quite well done and expensive. Must have used up their entire budget there.

But I feel they could have handled the entire double wedding thing much better. And could have added a dialogue that barry and iris are still honeymooning or something. In Flash they had Iris shade Felicity, which though funny looked really weird since during the double wedding she looked happy for felicity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"