Arrow Arrow Season 6 Episode 3- "Next of Kin"

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26

ARROW

"Next of Kin" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

DC CHARACTER ONYX VISITS STAR CITY - A rogue black ops team led by Onyx (guest star Chastity Dotson) breaks into Kord Industries and steals something lethal. Oliver (Stephen Amell) struggles to connect with William (guest star Jack Moore) so he reaches out to a surprising source for help. Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Oscar Balderrama (#603). Original airdate 10/26/2017.

Read more: Listings - ARROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20171006cw09/#ixzz4vxzEA9lw

LYzgx1JQRyd7JDYUke9CxZ-m7hocbe7BlGqXaONQX1E.jpg

Okay, so my only problem with the Diggle hoax is...surely someone's keeping count of the vigilantes. Like they're not going to notice that Spartan has stopped showing up with the rest of Team Arrow?

I dont know if Spartan is even that big of a name to the general public. But Green Arrow being black should get some traction. It probably wont though.

I dont know if Spartan is even that big of a name to the general public. But Green Arrow being black should get some traction. It probably wont though.

Not to the general public, sure, but surely the FBI agent, or some villain, are keeping track of the number of people who fight alongside the Green Arrow. And now one of them has conveniently disappeared right after the Mayor Queen/Green Arrow scandal...but it wasn't the Green Arrow who disappeared. And now the Green Arrow's physical attributes have changed, too. Surely someone would catch it.

Green Arrow has suddenly turned black and lost his beard so I don't think Spartan missing will be the thing that causes people to take notice.

Diggle being the new Green Arrow is not as impactful as we've seen him wore the suit before. I wonder if he will guest-star in Legends and meet his son from 2046.

Another episode of no Black Siren which puts her at 4 episodes the first half of the season. 4/9....

I have to agree with Rene- does someone have to die for Diggle to finally get his head in the game?

Diggle has filled-in for Oliver before and has been with Oliver long enough to be Green Arrow without any trouble.

Damn that was easily one of the more inventive/impressive action sequences this show has done.

Last edited:
Great episode! It was cool to see Digg as the Green Arrow and face challenges! Also enjoyed Oliver's storyline with William and rejecting the Bill at the end!

That fight scene in the limo!! :hmr::hmr:

The FBI subplot continues to annoy/bemuse me on multiple levels. I just can't take the sudden Fed involvement seriously, when they've been utterly absent throughout five years of catastrophic events. Where the hell was the FBI the last dozen or so times criminals were rampaging over the streets, terrorists were trying to destroy neighborhoods/the city/the whole planet, and government officials were dying like flies?

( Also, that Ollie *should* be able to make this problem go away instantly, by either asking a favor of Lyla, a close friend, or the President, who he helped save along with the whole planet. One "this is a national security matter, bug off" or "the parties involved have received a presidential pardon" later, and the FBI leaves town. But they won't, because Ollie is still a goof at strategic planning. )

That aside! The episode was fine, and worth it for the Ollie Pep Talk if nothing else.

Authority figures, for the most part, have generally been portrayed as incompetent folks who inadvertently do more harm than good.

Heck look at the Dark Knight Returns story where the GCPD were more invested in capturing and potentially killing Batman than stopping the real criminals from terrorizing the city.

So much good but so much bad in this episode.
I'm really torn.
I know it's not a possibility but I'd like a full season of Digg Arrow.

Watching the end of the episode again got me thinking, are the writers going to mess up Black Siren for next week? I just have this feeling something will wreck it.

I thought the episode was ok. Really liked the limo fight scene.

I thought the episode was ok. Really liked the limo fight scene.

That was great.
Also Diggle free dive and landing were exexuted well, except they didn't make completely sense practically.
I made my peace long ago with Arrow's unevenness.

That was great.
Also Diggle free dive and landing were exexuted well, except they didn't make completely sense practically.
I made my peace long ago with Arrow's unevenness.

Yeah, The was pretty unexpected and made me laugh but I guess it was supposed to be about how he didn’t know how to shoot arrows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"