Assemble your 6

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Peterporker912, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Whise your six

1. Doc Ock

2. Shocker

3. Mysterio

4. Harry Goblin

5. Norman Goblin

6. Chameleon

7. Scorpion

8. Hobgoblin

9. Vulture

10. Hydroman

11. Kraven

12. Tombstone

13. Rhino

14. Electro

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Loki882 Registered

Green Goblin (Chris Cooper).
    Electro (Jamie Foxx).
    Rhino (Paul Giamatti).
    Mysterio (Bruce Campbell).
    Kraven (Gerard Butler).
    Lizard (Rhys Ifans).

2. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

No Doc Ock? You did see the latest trailer for TASM 2 right?

3. Oscorp Registered

I guess we know 4 of the team already:
    Doc Ock
    Vulture
    Electro
    Rhino

For diversity, I really hope Mysterio and Kraven or Sandman are the last two.

4. zeptron Registered

The original Sinister Six. Doc Ock, Electro, Sandman, Vulture, Mysterio, and Kraven. The original team has yet to be used in a Spider-man adaptation. Although Spectacular Spider-man came pretty close.

5. Lord All Mighty

I too prefer the original six team, but it's unlikelly to be used this time, so i just hope to see the team to be close to that incarnation with the likes of vulture, electro and possibly Dock Ock

6. Whiskey Tango Registered

That's what I went with initially, then I replaced the sucky Sandman and Mysterio with the much more awesome Rhino and Shocker. :p

j/k those guys are alright but kinda low tier for me amongst Spidey's rogues (along with Chameleon). They'd lose out to Scorpion, Boomerang and Morlun too (heresy, I know).

7. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I'm thinking...

Doctor octopus - robin Williams
    Black cat - felicity jones
    Electro - Jamie foxx
    Rhino - Paul Giamatti
    Sandman - Phillip glenister
    Kraven - Antonio banderas, I don't think they would mind changing the race or comic book origins of the six

8. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Doc Ock
    Electro
    Rhino
    Vulture
    Sandman
    Kraven

9. zeptron Registered

While she's a thief and can be villainous at times, Black Cat would never join the Sinister Six.

10. Mr. Dent Registered

I like the line up we're getting in the movie.

Lizard
    Electro
    Rhino
    Green Goblin
    Vulture
    Doc Ock
    + Venom

11. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I reckon sony will be desperate for a female member of the sinister six. It's easy to see they are setting her up that way

12. Super Jim Registered

One thing you are forgetting is that with Six villains you would need to come up with a way to take them down, without spending too much time on each one. The best way to do that is to have some of the Six end up as "good guys". Let me explain what I mean...

If Doctor Connors was one of the Six, having been promised power, or maybe blackmailed into working for whomever the leader is. During the climax he, possibly as the Lizard, would turn on the team, take out one of the other Six, and then slink away. Right there you've taken care of 2 of the Six.

Also, if Black Cat (someone you don't have in your list) is "somewhat on the baddie's side", meaning she was hired to steal something, making her part of the Six, then during the Climax she could see the error of her ways, turn on whichever of the Six is about to take out Spiderman, saving him and creating a "team-up" of sorts. Of course the "relationship" could be explored some (this would be one or two movies after Gwen's death, and before MJ and Pete are together. It would actually create a "rebound girl" in Black Cat and show us something that hasn't been explored in any of the movies, a love interest solely as the masked hero(s).

By doing this you've effectively taken down 4 of the Six. Next Spidey and Black Cat can work together to take down the last of the Six, where Black Cat would be removed from the battle (maybe she takes down this 5th member by herself so Spidey can get to the leader.

Then Spidey can go one on one with the final member and leader of the Six.

Also, why would you think that Black Cat would "never join the Sinister Six"? Pretty much, she'll do whatever she asked to for the right price. Look, maybe she isn't "part of" the S6, but being a hired thief makes her part of the team. I could easily see her walking through the other Six, to get to the leader to talk with him, give him what she stole, etc, while the others cat call, etc. Could easily see Rhino being all sexist with her, which would set up her taking him down later... Look, although Black Cat is another Spidey Anti-Hero, she's definitely not Captain America. Her moral compass is definitely not pointing true North, if you know what I mean. Shoot, in fact, she started to learn her martial arts and acrobatics because she wanted to murder the guy who raped her. So, would she (before meeting and falling for Spidey) "join" the Sinster Six, or at least work for the leader of the Six? I think yes!

13. Whiskey Tango Registered

I could see her joining them initially for what she thinks are purely profit-driven reasons then bailing once she sees the bigger picture and realizes what their goals really are. Or y'know, something. It would be a bit of a swerve for people expecting a roster of classic members so I don't think it's an unreasonable suggestion.

Of course they'd need a backup in that case because Sinister Five doesn't have the same ring to it.

14. NewYorkSpider EndGame

Here's the actors I would love to see play in Sinister Six. Obviously we know Electro and Rhino.

Electro - Jamie Foxx
    Rhino - Paul Giamati

Doc Ock - John Noble - Loved him in Fringe. He could play that menacing Doctor type.
    [​IMG]

Chameleon - Jeremy Irons -
    [​IMG]

Vulture - Bryan Cranston
    [​IMG]

Sandman - Dominic Purcell
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

15. Rylvan Registered

Dr. Octopus
    Vulture
    Lizard
    Electro
    Rhino
    Scorpion

Three of those definitely exist in the ASM universe, and two have been hinted at. I could see Scorpion as some kind of powered armor related to the Rhino suit.

#40 Rylvan, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  16. Super Jim Registered

To me Rhino and Scorpion are effectively the same. Two brawler types that wear a suit to be bad arses...

Only one should be on the team.

Must admit I'm surprised at the lack of Mysterio is many's team. Always thought he was a fan fav.

17. DrCosmic Professor of Power

Scorpion is also redundant with Doc Ock... he just has fewer tentacles.

18. Rylvan Registered

Maybe the "tail" could be an arm-mounted chaingun belt-fed from an ammo backpack? It could even be modular and carry different kinds of ammo he can quickly switch between like Hawkeye's quiver in Avengers. Rhino looks like he's limited to melee attacks, so perhaps Scorpion could be the ranged equivalent?

Or they could go the opposite way and make him a product of genetic engineering like Electro and Lizard.

#43 Rylvan, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  19. Super Jim Registered

^ Here is an interesting thought...

We've been shown that The Rhino will be a mech (just threw up in my mouth a little) in TASM2. We've also been told that the character won't be a big part of this movie.

What we do know is that early in the movie a Russiian Thug is going to steal an Oscorp armored car and that some sort of cannister is part of the situation:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also know that Peter gets the canister during the chase:

[​IMG]

I was also previously thinking that this had nothing to do with the next pic, but now I know that it does:

[​IMG]

So, it seems pretty obvious that the guy in the pic above is just some hired merc type guy working for Aleski. They steal at least one of these canisters. Are they voltage cells from Ravencroft like I first thought? Maybe, but we'll see.

Anyway, Spidey takes down Aleski and embarrases him, as shown below:

[​IMG]

What is that on Aleski's shorts?

So, this will somehow lead to Aleski wanting revenge and getting it (possibly with the help of Oscorp) by using this:

[​IMG]

Again, just threw up in my mouth a little...

Kind of reminds me of:

[​IMG]

"Lets go, Voltron Force!"

Anyway...

We have to assume that Mech-Rhino will be taken down by Spidey, which will enable us to focus more on Electro.

Now we also know (from my other thread) that the chamber with (at least) six doors will open to an outer chamber where this is shown:

[​IMG]

So, we have to assume that this will lead (as I speculated many months ago) to the Sinister Six AND that each of these (at least) six doors are for the gadgetry of Sinister Six characters. We have been shown Doc Ock's arm harness and Vulture's wings. I've speculated other possbilties in my other thread, such as Scorpion's suit (different enough from Ock's), Shocker's gloves, Venom's symbiote, even Mysterio's Fish Bowl suit, and of course, Goblin's glider and stuff (leading to Harry becoming the Goblin - again just threw up in my mouth a little).

At the same time many of us believe that Rhino will be part of the Six. Of course, after Mech-Rhino is beat by Spidey (assumedly) why bring him back?

But what if one of these rooms is a cross species thingee with a rhinoceros? Even if not, what if at the end of TASM2 Aleski allows himself to go through a cross-species experiment to give him the invulnerable skin of a Rhino, along with the enhanced strength and speed? Just a thought that may not pan out, but it would be a way to keep the Rhino fresh for TASM3. Actually that would have been the better way to do Rhino, so it's not likely that that is what we'll get...

Either way, the trick to figuring out which characters will make up our Six will be figuring out what is in each of these (at least) Six rooms...

And it makes sense that each room has something material that is iconic towards a specific character. Some have stated that there are more than Six chambers, and there may be, but if we try to Six and get more, great. So what can be in each of these rooms and be iconic enough to be obvious for a certain character. We already have three (Ock, Vulture and Goblin), so what are the others?

20. Whiskey Tango Registered

Rhino stickers. You can see some of them peeling off in some of the setpics.

21. PaulRom Registered

Norman Goblin - Chris Cooper
    Electro - Jamie Foxx
    Rhino - Paul Giamatti
    Vulture - If Colm Feore really isn't Adrian Toomes, I would cast William Fitchner.
    Doc Ock - Jared Harris

As for the sixth member, I would go with either Kraven (Josh Brolin/Gerard Butler) or Scorpion (Jason Momoa? Undecided on who to cast.).

22. GoldGoblin Registered

Have the spidey universe have mutants popping up,and have some of them form a team to take out Spider-Man.It would be easier than giving each one a back story,and it's a way to connect the X-Men universe.

-Kraven: Could be like Sabertooth from Wolverine Origins,Liev Schreiber was awesome in it.
    -Sandman: A mutant.
    -Mysterio: A mutant.
    -Vulture: A mutant.
    -Doc Ock: A mutant that has metal tentacles come out of his body.
    -Sixth member could be Electro,Rhino,or a new villain we haven't seen before.

23. Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

Super Jim, why does the idea of a mech Rhino suit make you "throw up in your mouth?" This is based off of Ultimate Spider-Man, and personally I think the mech suit is a lot better than the 616 version of the character.

24. NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

My Sinister Six:

1. Green Goblin- Norman or Harry... I guess we'll see who lives and dies in "ASM 2."

2. Dr. Octopus- Jared Harris or Philip Seymour Hoffman for the part. I want Doc Ock to vie for the position of team-captain and because of his superior intellect, he and GG butt heads over who is the mastermind of the operation.

3. Electro- Depending on if he lives or dies in "ASM 2" he would be a vital asset to the team.

4. Rhino- I think once he's thwarted with the mechanical suit, I would have him undergo an experiment by Norman to become a half-man/half-rhino mutant.

5. Vulture- Depending on if Colm Feore is Adrian Toomes or not, I'd like to see him with his wing harness. If Colm is not Toomes than I suggest Terry O'Quinn for the part.

6. This is where it gets tough for me because I would love to see Kraven (Gerard Butler) or Mysterio (Mark Strong) or Shocker (My idea would be go the "SSPM" route and have Herman Schultz have a Southern accent and get Woody Harrelson to be him; yellow and brown (or black) suit. No Ultimate suit.) Scorpion would be a cool pick too and both he and Shocker could easily be done as they got their equipment, abilities, and resources via Oscorp. Kraven and Mysterio, to me, would work better as solo villains. Same with Chameleon.

25. sauronthegreat Registered

For a spider-man sequel I would have wanted a Sinister Six consisted of lesser villains, or ordinary humans using oscorp tech, but are not empowered mutants like Lizard and Electro.
    My ideal team would be:

Dock Ock
    Mysterio
    Shocker
    Vulture
    Rhino
    Scorpion

With Osborn maybe pulling the strings or founding the team, but never be a part of it. The Goblin dies in Part 3 before Octopus forms the Six. ASM4 would be 3 hours long spectacle. Spidey is defeated by the Six but finds the Symbiote and in the 2/3 defeats the group, for last hour of the film to be the grand climax with Venom.

But now since it's confirmed that there will be a Sinister Six centered film I would like the original team. And there will be enough time to introduce all the members.