samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
Apparently all of Avatar 3 has been filmed with current release date of Dec 20, 2024.

What do you want in the sequel?

They've already filmed the third? Sounds like a heck of a risk. I heard Avatar 2 needs to make $2 billion just to break even. What if it doesn't?

They've already filmed the third? Sounds like a heck of a risk. I heard Avatar 2 needs to make $2 billion just to break even. What if it doesn't?
They filmed 2 and 3 together and the plan was always to film 4 and 5 together after that.

Not only will Avatar 2 pass the 2 billion dollar mark, but according to Variety the break even point is 1.4 billion which has just been reached.

Budget became so big partly due to covid. I think if there was ever one person who can have their films shot back to back without being a risk for studios it's literally James Cameron.

Shooting back-to-back was always in the plans and was likely done to save money in the long run. A risk for sure that seems to be paying off. It has been said that a big chunk of part 2 ended up being saved for part 3. This is stuff that will roll-over. Paid for upfront but will see returns down the line.

Cameron said that they have a way to tie up the series at the end of the third if the second was unsuccessful, which seems unlikely.

The second one felt a bit bloated. I do hope he is able to keep it to just over 2 hours as well as change up the “humans vs Na’vi” storyline.

Shooting back-to-back was always in the plans and was likely done to save money in the long run. A risk for sure that seems to be paying off. It has been said that a big chunk of part 2 ended up being saved for part 3. This is stuff that will roll-over. Paid for upfront but will see returns down the line.

They also needed to shoot 2,3 and parts of 4 to avoid the kids being too old. Apparently the story will make a time jump in the fourth movie (if they decide to go forward with that and the fifth movie)

Looking forward to seeing these Ash People, I'm sure plenty of exciting visuals to come there. And I'm certainly looking forward to mixing up the story a bit, in terms of perspective and good and evil etc.

They also needed to shoot 2,3 and parts of 4 to avoid the kids being too old. Apparently the story will make a time jump in the fourth movie (if they decide to go forward with that and the fifth movie)
Which is kind of funny considering this is one series where their physically appearance doesn’t really matter.

Which is kind of funny considering this is one series where their physically appearance doesn’t really matter.

Heh, yeah, no kidding. They just turned 70 year old Weaver into a 14 year old very convincingly. Maybe he just means the kid playing Spider.

Fair point. They could always write a story where Spider gets injured critically and needs his spirit transferred to an avatar like Jake did

and then he could redo the story, where Spider-Avatar falls in love with a Na’Vi and betrays Quaritch and the Sky-People.
This movie writes itself…

Apparently all of Avatar 3 has been filmed with current release date of Dec 20, 2024.

What do you want in the sequel?

Nice, 3 in 4 years after nothing for 13! I like the rumours I heard about it so far

Fair point. They could always write a story where Spider gets injured critically and needs his spirit transferred to an avatar like Jake did
the actor playing Spider filmed this. its happening in 3 or 4.
pisKVhT.jpg

which of them is Spider?

You dont know who James Cameron is in the picture?

Oh man can't wait for this. Glad it's not another huge wait.

I think there are interesting places for Quaritch to go. And antagonistic Na'vi could be interesting.

...huh. Actually color me interested because lord knows reusing human antagonists in every movie would get incredibly tiresome. It seems Cameron at least isn't going to be stuck in a sort of black-and-white mentality when portraying humans and the Na'vi from now on.

On a joking note, I can't wait for them to meet the Airbender Na'vi in the fourth one. :o

Is the one that’s called the cu…… I mean, the Seed Bearer?

...huh. Actually color me interested because lord knows reusing human antagonists in every movie would get incredibly tiresome. It seems Cameron at least isn't going to be stuck in a sort of black-and-white mentality when portraying humans and the Na'vi from now on.
Yeah, he said that the next film will pretty much be the reverse in terms of good and evil. Not only will he show evil Na'vi, but he'll focus on good humans this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"