Talk all things AVATAR in here.

Previous Threads

The AVATAR Thread v.1
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=262081

The AVATAR Thread v.2
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=330833

The AVATAR Thread v.3
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=332718

You people and these Avatar threads. This movie is going to be remembered for having about 20 continuing threads years later.

In before the close to make the 4th or 5th or whatever it is now thread!

Last edited:
Hey, I can post in it now.

Putting it back in theaters is this early is silly. Really, really silly.

WOW! Dances with Smurfs gets 4 threads. Why don't you guys do something more productive, like talk about the plot intricacies of INCEPTION? :hehe:

I'm surpised so many of you are mesmerized by someone dangling shiny keys in your face

Something "productive", like entering threads dedicated to movies you don't like and whining that people are still talking about said movies?

WOW! Dances with Smurfs gets 4 threads. Why don't you guys do something more productive, like talk about the plot intricacies of INCEPTION? :hehe:

I'm surpised so many of you are mesmerized by someone dangling shiny keys in your face

Something "productive", like entering threads dedicated to movies you don't like and whining that people are still talking about said movies?

your move, AnorexicBatman.

you mean we should talk about a movie that requires a train load of exposition, can't be bothered to flesh out its secondary characters and delivers a movie completely different from it's trailer?

Any clue as to when the collector`s dvd will be released?

This thread has had four iterations? Good grief. Surely there can't be anything else to say about Avatar, but I'm sure I'll be proven wrong.

Maybe if the haters weren't so quick to jump on the Avatar thread to mock the fans and belittle the movie we would only have one or two.

We, Avatar fan, already know that it's a rip of Dance w/ the wolves, Poncahontas, Fermguly, Dune ( yes Dune but I guess some basher missed it ) and half a dozen novel written by X and Y authors, that the plot is weak, the characters flat, the acting bad and the CGI on the level of a video game and so one. No need to rub it on our face again and again.

Last edited:
So, i've decided to totally see Avatar again when it hits theaters. Looking forward to the uncut stuff and seeing it in 3D again. :)

Interesting interview with Joe Johnston on Captain America's 3d conversion :

http://www.cinematical.com/2010/08/17/captain-america-director-defends-3d-conversion-will-avenge/
Johnston admits that some 3D conversions are turning out poorly primarily because studios are rushing the conversion process. "Conversion has gotten a bad rap," he told the site, "because of pictures that have done it badly. If you shoot the movie and decide at the 11th hour to convert it to 3D, you don't have the necessary information to process what we call the 'left eye'. We're shooting a whole separate pass on every setup to record the information necessary to convert to 3D in a seamless and undetectable way. When conversion is done right, you can't tell the difference between it and full 3D. Everyone touts Avatar as the new standard for 3D. It's beautifully done to be sure, but it wasn't entirely shot in full 3D. The filmmakers wisely chose to shoot about 30 to 35 percent of the picture in 2D and convert. I challenge anyone, myself included, to watch the picture and spot the 2D conversions."

To my knowlegde at least , ALL the live action footage was shot with the 3d cameras. All the mo-cap stuff was rendered in stereoscopic 3d from the start. So i really wanna know how Johnston is coming with this info.

Interesting interview with Joe Johnston on Captain America's 3d conversion :

http://www.cinematical.com/2010/08/17/captain-america-director-defends-3d-conversion-will-avenge/

To my knowlegde at least , ALL the live action footage was shot with the 3d cameras. All the mo-cap stuff was rendered in stereoscopic 3d from the start. So i really wanna know how Johnston is coming with this info.

Lol, maybe he is talking about the 1% that were not shoot in 3D :)
Anyway, maybe he is right but promoting his movie which use an "not up to date 3D process" by saying even Avatar wasn't fully shoot in 3D is lame.
Everyone knows that Avatar 3D was revolutionary and conversion is the past.
Tron Legacy use Cameron technology, it is the best.

the problem is that journalist's dont know the difference between CGI and 3D.

they mixed up the 30% that was filmed live action footage. they think that 30% was not in 3D.

the problem is that journalist's dont know the difference between CGI and 3D.

they mixed up the 30% that was filmed live action footage. they think that 30% was not in 3D.

Joe Johnston is not a journalist, he is Cap American director.

All the 3D movies I have seen were fantastic!

1. Avatar
  2. Avatar 2nd time
  3. How to train your dragon
  4. Toy Story 3
So all my 3D experiences were incredible. Since i only go see 3D movies that are REAL 3D Movies. :woot:

All the 3D movies I have seen were fantastic!

1. Avatar
  2. Avatar 2nd time
  3. How to train your dragon
  4. Toy Story 3
So all my 3D experiences were incredible. Since i only go see 3D movies that are REAL 3D Movies. :woot:

the movies ive seen in 3D so far:

Coraline (Real D)
Avatar (2 times in IMAX 3D and 1 time in Real D)
Toy Story 3 (Real D)

I have to ask, does Avatar really need 4 threads? It was not that good imo. Good, but not amazing.

But I digress...if there for some reason is more things to talk about...

I have to ask, does Avatar really need 4 threads? It was not that good imo. Good, but not amazing.

But I digress...if there for some reason is more things to talk about...

you know you are on a superhero forum right? lol

Its guaranteed that if its Computer Animated like Pixar. It'll be in Real 3D
Since its really easy to set up a 2 camera configuration in the computer and rendering it that way.

Perhaps in the future we'll see films likes bugs life and Monsters Inc. re-rendered in 3D and put on blue-ray. Like what they did with the re-release of Toy story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"