The Avengers Avengers Costume Redesigns (Particularly Captain - Part 1

With the Avengers film will come costume and character redesigns-- if for no other reason, because they want kids to buy new toys rather than playing with the old ones.

The Hulk may be recast; but even if Norton plays the character, the Hulk could still be retouched or even manifest in the gray form.
the-incredible-hulk.jpg

Tony Stark always has a new suit that he is building-- it is guaranteed that there will be much hype and speculation on Tony's newest exoskeletons.

ultimateironmanii01dellottocover.jpg

But the character who will be entering this picture in actual need of an update will be Captain America-- his schlocky WWII riot gear will not survive an explosion and sixty-plus years in ice.

So what is the best armor available to Captain America in the 21st century? Dragon skin

Scale armor is flexible, light weight, and it's really what defines Captain America in my opinion-- not the wings, not the giant A, not the head gear, and not the huge white star. What is most important to this character graphically, and what hasn't been done on film is the scale armor.

captainamericafinal.jpg

This is my redesign. I'm not touching the shield, we all know what it looks like; I don't care if it stays the same or if Stark redesigns it as something hi-tech.

I've taken away the headgear because I don't feel the mask is needed; I've darkened the costume; made the gloves red, and used a darker blue. I didn't color the straps or belt black because then they wouldn't read on paper; I'm thinking about making a couple of passes over them with a gray marker.

To be fair, I haven't made a final judgement yet.
I just wish the sleeves were white.
But even from the set pics, I like what I see so far.

You mean completely white, because they are obviously white. I like it this way better.

Answering this post by captainrogers:

Because Steve Rogers IS what matters.
He IS Steve Rogers.
STEVE ROGERS is CAP.
EVANS sucessfully nailed the role Rogers.
Its not like we got John Walker as Cap.
STEVE ROGERS is the heart and soul of Cap.
THE MAN makes the suit.
This is just the big screen cinematic version of the suit. But we are still getting the character from the comics on screen. Just with a different flourish on what is still unmistakably Caps suit.
What it sounds like you're trying to tell me, is that if we got an absolute spot on costume, it wouldn't have mattered who was in it? It could have just been:
Steve Rogers In Name Only?
Because then it would've truly just been:
Captain America In Name Only.

Steve Rogers is Captain America alright, but when dressed as Captain America. This present suit is an insult. Even more:

1) 1990's version also had something that was "unmistakably Caps suit", and I suppose we both agree that it was a total botch;

2) Never said, nor implied, that I would have a spot on costume and couldn't care less about Steve Rogers: it was you who said that what matters is having Steve Rogers, and that you are certain that Evans nailed the part, and that's all.

I think that the real deal would be having a spot on costume AND Steve Rogers: i.e., both. And Evans, for me, is still much more Human Torch than Captain America. Now he is just an anabolized version of his past self.

Johnston's movie is, for me, Captain America in Name Only, the famous CANO.

And, most unfortunately (and surprisingly), Whedon's movie, considering the pics so far, is going the same way, at least on what concerns Captain America.

Answering this post by captainrogers:

Because Steve Rogers IS what matters.
He IS Steve Rogers.
STEVE ROGERS is CAP.
EVANS sucessfully nailed the role Rogers.
Its not like we got John Walker as Cap.
STEVE ROGERS is the heart and soul of Cap.
THE MAN makes the suit.
This is just the big screen cinematic version of the suit. But we are still getting the character from the comics on screen. Just with a different flourish on what is still unmistakably Caps suit.
What it sounds like you're trying to tell me, is that if we got an absolute spot on costume, it wouldn't have mattered who was in it? It could have just been:
Steve Rogers In Name Only?
Because then it would've truly just been:
Captain America In Name Only.

Steve Rogers is Captain America alright, but when dressed as Captain America. This present suit is an insult. Even more:

1) 1990's version also had something that was "unmistakably Caps suit", and I suppose we both agree that it was a total botch;

2) Never said, nor implied, that I would have a spot on costume and couldn't care less about Steve Rogers: it was you who said that what matters is having Steve Rogers, and that you are certain that Evans nailed the part, and that's all.

I think that the real deal would be having a spot on costume AND Steve Rogers: i.e., both. And Evans, for me, is still much more Human Torch than Captain America. Now he is just an anabolized version of his past self.

Johnston's movie is, for me, Captain America in Name Only, the famous CANO.

And, most unfortunately (and surprisingly), Whedon's movie, considering the pics so far, is going the same way, at least on what concerns Captain America.

Well.
In both our posts are based on opinion.
And it seems like ne'er shall the two meet.
I'm sorry you have not enjoyed the current film incarnation of our beloved captain.
Fortune, in this MCU era it seems, favors myself and the others who have gotten a kick out of seeing Evans performance as the Sentinal of Liberty.
So agreed to disagree, at least on my part, Merc.
Fair?

How are you people judging set pics? When the proper lighting and shading is applied the suit will look a bit different.

The thing about the lighting justification for things looking better, is that all that tells us is that if it were "real life", these things would look rubbish. I know it's a movie, and I know heroes don't run around in spandex armour. But if a convincing costume absolutely needs the appropriate lighting to look good, then it's not one that translates to live action now is it.

That said, I'm pretty happy with the looks so far, even in the set pics taken with some guy's iphone.

Well.
I'm sorry you have not enjoyed the current film incarnation of our beloved captain.
Fortune, in this MCU era it seems, favors myself and the others who have gotten a kick out of seeing Evans performance as the Sentinal of Liberty.
Fair?

Yep, Cap. :up:

The thing about the lighting justification for things looking better, is that all that tells us is that if it were "real life", these things would look rubbish. I know it's a movie, and I know heroes don't run around in spandex armour. But if a convincing costume absolutely needs the appropriate lighting to look good, then it's not one that translates to live action now is it.

That said, I'm pretty happy with the looks so far, even in the set pics taken with some guy's iphone.

I doesn't need the lighting buff to look good, just better. I think it looks great. Especially in the "Captain America poses"

Here's what I came up with for 9/11 tribute piece I did...

CaptainAmerica911Poster.jpg

Kudos egarza! That is a very nice image of Cap and a nice tribute as well.

That picture justly proves that the scale-mail could have worked, IMHO!
The only thing that I would have changed is that I would have made the "A" a little larger, thicker & placed it lower towards his eyes and went with The Avengers MCU suit's styling of the wings.
Regardless, very nice job egarza!

Cap in johnston's captain america film wasnt just cap in name only. That was freakin captain america through and through

I definitely got to agree with that. I think he was one of the, if not THE, most faithful comic to movie adaptations character wise.

Well, at least he didn't ask anyone to pull over because he was going to get sick.

Well.
Fair?
"It's totally just a matter of opinion man, but my opinion is more popular so I'm right"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"