The Avengers Avengers Trailer Discussion - Part 1

I pray that the Muppets manage to squeeze in one quick spoof of Avengers before its release.

I hope we get a "names trailer" the next time around.

I wanna see one too, complete with the names popping up during the up close shot with a few shots of them kicking ass coming in after it.

The John Carter trailer used music to attempt to give it an epic feel, but in my opinion it failed to deliver. Frankly, the trailer looked boring and the music was too slow and ponderous, reinforcing the impression that the movie isn't exciting or interesting. They didn't have to go with rock, but a piece that built some sense of drama and action would have been better. But the most exciting music in the world wouldn't be any help in a trailer that doesn't have dynamic visuals and its own sense of excitement to go along with it. I was interested in John Carter because I loved the Burroughs book, but that dreary trailer is a tremendous buzz-kill.

[YT]6Rf55GTEZ_E[/YT]
I thought the music in the John Carter trailer was fantastic...it was the actual footage I found underwhelming.

Well... Loki DID say "It would be every man for himself...." I think that's the point of the Movie. It's a bunch of people who have no business being together yet they are FORCED to come together for the sake of the Earth
I've come to believe that the skrulls are the aliens in this move and thats what Loki means by it will be every man for themsleves. He is attempting to devide them by having the skrulls take the forms of the other avengers. Take the scene of thor coming down on cap with a hammer blow to his shield. If that is really thor or if thats really cap thor would destroy him with a blow like that. One of them is a shape shiffted skrull in the shape of thor or cap. Loki is pitting them against each other!

The music has grown on me. I like it now. I didn't hate it before, just thought it was underwhelming.

It fits better the more I watch it.

I've come to believe that the skrulls are the aliens in this move and thats what Loki means by it will be every man for themsleves. He is attempting to devide them by having the skrulls take the forms of the other avengers. Take the scene of thor coming down on cap with a hammer blow to his shield. If that is really thor or if thats really cap thor would destroy him with a blow like that. One of them is a shape shiffted skrull in the shape of thor or cap. Loki is pitting them against each other!

He would if he was actually hitting Cap, but he's not he's hitting Cap's shield which can take blows from Mjonlir (although Cap should be send flying).

THe shields ability to absorb and disperse energy will be on display in that sequence I am sure.

Do I have a problem because I just can't seem to stop watching the Avengers trailer?

Do I have a problem because I just can't seem to stop watching the Avengers trailer?

Nope not at all .. its what happens when you have such an epic trailer for a more epic movie. I would imagine its a problem alot of us has lol .. myself included :yay: going to watch it right now lol

Not at all. If you wanna call it problem, then it's a fine problem. One what makes fun. Have the same problem. lol

All kinetic energy applied to the convex surface of the CAPTAIN AMERICA's shield gets absorbed by the vibranium-steel-unknown factor x alloy, and that energy gets utilised to strengthen the molecular bonds, in effect making it stronger.

The shield is able to disperse energy?

yup in the world of 616, the shield is made of some strange original variant of adamatium, only synthesized once perfectly....

It has taken blows from the Hammer of Thor in the comics.... you should know that

yup in the world of 616, the shield is made of some strange original variant of adamatium, only synthesized once perfectly....

It has taken blows from the Hammer of Thor in the comics.... you should know that

If you read my earlier post you would see I do know that, but what does that have to do with dispersing engergy?

I thought it simply absorbed energy, not dispersed it.

If you read my earlier post you would see I do know that, but what does that have to do with dispersing engergy?

I thought it simply absorbed energy, not dispersed it.

I guess it's just a way of thinking about it.... for every action there has to be some kind of reaction..... it can't just absorb energy without using it or dispersing it in some way.... as stated one can think that the energy is absorbed or dispersed back into the molecular structure of the SHiled.... streagthening it as a hole... in other words it doesn't just absorb the impact in one spot.... one point....... rather that evergy moves over the dome so to speak... so absorbtion becomes a method of dispersment....

maybe....

I profess to be know true expert on the shield.... I just remember in the books it was the 'purest' adamatium ever made. Wolverines claws and skelleton are very similar though not quite as perfect.

Yep, because Wolverine's skeleton is just as tough, however it lacks the impact absorbing aspect of Cap's shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"