The Avengers Avengers defending Norwegians?

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
Before this team-up film, we learned to know that Norway had played a part in the past. As a Scandinavian myself, I just love it.

As a commercial point of view it's only logical that USA should be the center of attention in a movie such as Avengers. The big battle, the fight for our world, should take place there. To see New York being attacked yet another time is a price we have to pay for the film to become a safe success.

But we can't deny the coolness and how "exotic" it would have been if the superheroes would have gathered in the main street in a major or semi-major city in Norway: Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim, Stavanger, Drammen. The latter even have a nice surrounding, located by a river in a valley and mountains on opposite sides.

I cannot deny how cool that would be. ;) But I am something of a Scandinavia-phile so to speak. I feel that way about the film Thor. Why did he land in the US? Wouldnt Odin be more accustomed to the Northern European region of Midgard?

At the very least I wish Thor's soundtrack had some Nordic ties. Some Folk Metal perhaps? Hm... this gives me an idea.

Does Odin listen to Zeromancer?

But seriously, I love the idea. Not specifically an entire final battle there, but a worldwide struggle, major cities all over the world. I don't want to see just New York again, or even Chicago. Gives us Beijing, Madrid, Moscow, etc etc.

Does Odin listen to Zeromancer?

But seriously, I love the idea. Not specifically an entire final battle there, but a worldwide struggle, major cities all over the world. I don't want to see just New York again, or even Chicago. Gives us Beijing, Madrid, Moscow, etc etc.
Miami would be kind of cool to see. Miami seems to be one of the most underutilized cities.

The Avengers standing in a circle in Karl Johan street, Oslo... ready to fight for our world :)

I think the way we should look at it is this, while Thor may have appeared in BumF*** New Mexico, he is the guardian of Midgard as a whole.

Iron Man ensures freedom by protecting America and her interests around the globe.

Hulk can occasionally be aimed at global threats by The Avengers, SHIELD and the US Army.

Black Panther and Namor will have their respective locales to defend.

Captain America. Nuff said.

So in Thor 2 and 3 we SHOULD see him defending some other location on earth. If we don't, then we can be sad.

I think the way we should look at it is this, while Thor may have appeared in BumF*** New Mexico, he is the guardian of Midgard as a whole.

Iron Man ensures freedom by protecting America and her interests around the globe.

Hulk can occasionally be aimed at global threats by The Avengers, SHIELD and the US Army.

Black Panther and Namor will have their respective locales to defend.

Captain America. Nuff said.

So in Thor 2 and 3 we SHOULD see him defending some other location on earth. If we don't, then we can be sad.

America's interests and freedom do not go hand in hand!!

Some Thor fans don't even want him on Earth. That is even sadder!

The big battle in Thor 2 is going to fought in London. I'm assuming Cap 2 will be more international. IM3 is in Beijing.

Avengers had a battle in Germany, albeit filmed in the US. IM2 in Monaco.

Let's be honest: taking the Avengers out of NYC would have been a very poor choice for this movie. It's not a "safe" move, it's the most logical move. That's where the core of the Marvel universe is, why change a good thing?
But I'd love to see Thor in Norway. That'd be neat to see

Let's be honest: taking the Avengers out of NYC would have been a very poor choice for this movie. It's not a "safe" move, it's the most logical move.
As a commercial point of view it's only logical that USA should be the center of attention in a movie such as Avengers. The big battle, the fight for our world, should take place there. To see New York being attacked yet another time is a price we have to pay for the film to become a safe success.
What I said :)

Some Scandinavian metal in the The Dark World would be awesome! Don't see it happen in a thousand years, though xD

About "the big battle", please God let New York rest now.. I don't really see the appeal in the big city battles, I've seen 'em all before..

Take Transformers, for example. The by far coolest fight scene in the trilogy was the forest scene in the 2nd film( (regardless of how bad the film(s) was). The city battles were just messy, generic and uninspired.

Sure, put it in America, that makes the most sense. But be a little creative. How about the Grand Canyon or Mount Rushmore? I can't really remember seeing any major film scenes there.. I'm sure they can save a lot of set money by keeping the major scenes out of the big city as well..

At very least, go somewhere else than the big apple. Miami, LA, SF, Houston, Chicago, Phil., Phoenix, Detroit, whatever. Just not NY.

Last edited:
Sure, put it in America, that makes the most sense. But be a little creative. How about the Grand Canyon or Mount Rushmore? I can't really remember seeing any major film scenes there.. I'm sure they can save a lot of set money by keeping the major scenes out of the big city as well.

Thanos carving his face in Mt. Rushmore? Nah, it's been done.

Well, it's ben cool so far... The beginning of both Thor and Captain America had scenes "from" Norway and a little mention of Tromsø in The Avengers.

Would be very cool if Thor could make an apperance in Scandinavia (Since he's OURS!! :p)

GERMANIC Swat, I'm sure he's older than Norway or any Germanic/Scandinaivian country :D

Well, considering Norway got its independece in 1905... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"