The Avengers Avengers taking away from other Marvel films?

CaptainClown

Papa SPANK!!!
Reaction score
This is an observation I made, having attended comic-con and was at the Marvel Panel I observed the footage for Thor, Captain America and the "Avengers" (I say that cause there really wasn't anything)

The reason why i ask all this is because it seems that the effects of the Avengers can be seen in Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America. Basically Marvel took away its emphasis on making quality movies such as Thor or Captain America and is just pushing for the Avengers. This is my essential fear because these films no longer seem to be about each individual hero and their arcs but just fan moments for the Avengers film.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

This is an observation I made, having attended comic-con and was at the Marvel Panel I observed the footage for Thor, Captain America and the "Avengers" (I say that cause there really wasn't anything)

The reason why i ask all this is because it seems that the effects of the Avengers can be seen in Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America. Basically Marvel took away its emphasis on making quality movies such as Thor or Captain America and is just pushing for the Avengers. This is my essential fear because these films no longer seem to be about each individual hero and their arcs but just fan moments for the Avengers film.

you are not the only one.

Marvel is so focusing in being the first studio to make a team movie like avengers that they dont see what they are doing with their solo movies.

there is a huge chance that they fail at everything.

Bah, if it wasn't for Avengers, Captain America and Thor would still be in developmental hell.

I highly doubt Cap will have a focus on Avengers, since it's takes place 60 some years before the other movies. Thor could have some Avengers stuff, but probably not as much as IM2's.

True, but that wasn't my point. The only reason both films are even being made right now is to build towards The Avengers. If Anengers wasn't greenlit, we would probably be looking forward to Blade 4, Fantastic Four 3, Ghost Rider 2 and X-Men Origins: Jubilee. :o

While it still green lit thor and captain america (also called Captain America: The First Avenger) It seems that the quality of these films are greatly lacking in order to simply push for an Avengers film.

I mean I can't wait for a solid Avengers films, but thus far I am not interested in any of these characters teaming up at present. Iron Man 2 felt it was entirely at the mercy of the Avengers and the story was weakened just to add Avenger bits: Black Widow, Nick Fury without a solid point, Thor reference etc. They all felt tacked on for the Avenger Agenda.

Iron Man 2 really didn't suffer from Avengers marketing. Nick Fury's role was a pretty natural extension of the first film, and Black Widow was just there. She didn't have that much screen time.

Ah I'm glad someone made a thread just for this. I totally agree.

It's so many things I can say about Iron Man 2 that went wrong, from camera angles to the bland performance of Scarlett Johansson. Something or someone was not needed, and I wanna say Nick Fury could have been saved for a post-credit cliffhanger again. It was trying to be too true to the comics and turned into a freakin mess, and nothing seemed right until the climax of the movie.

With THOR, I don't think it would be possible for The Avengers to take over the story because of great deal with Asgard. And they also found an brilliant way for SHIELD to to interfere with Thor's journey. And from the trailer that Stark reference was descent, but I hope they at least mention something about Stark Industries before that line.

And for Captain America, It was said that the entire movie would setup The Avengers nicely. That could be a bad thing, but I just have high hopes for this movie.

I really think Marvel Studios are doing something(Unreasonable Negotiating) they shouldn't be, that's causing this Avengers thing to not turn out so great. And I know DC is just sitting back watching Marvel so when they eventually do the crossover thing, they'll know there dos & dont's.

I just want these movies to be perfect, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

There was always going to be that risk as soon as Marvel made a big deal out of it. I don't think you can say they've taken away the emphasis of quality, I'm sure they're making this all with good intentions, the problem is that by having the set deadlines and making thing interconnect so blatantly they could be doing more harm than good. The deadline thing is the most problematic area, by setting these film down for these specific dates you've taken away the process of creating something truly special, the organicness is gone, and suddenly you've got a time limit, and not just for one film, 4 films. IM2 suffered from this already, no doubt in my mind that Favreau and the writers would have loved an extra year up their sleeve. I believe the better option for Marvel would have been to simply let things breath more naturally, make the movies as they come, concentrate on making them good one at time, then do the big team up movie when the time is right.

Yeah I think it is taking away from the other films. Honestly, I think Thor looks really really bad, and hopefully Cap looks cooler.

Hasn't hurt anything so far. I even re-watched The Incredible Hulk a couple of weeks ago and was impressed by how much I liked. it. So that makes Marvel 3 for 3 at this point. The Avengers stuff is just icing. It's not like it's been a big part of any of the movies. I don't see a reason to focus on something that would be missed if you blinked.

ooooooh .........aaaaaaaaaaah
they gonna fail if they don't observe what I am considering
:waa::waa:

There was always going to be that risk as soon as Marvel made a big deal out of it. I don't think you can say they've taken away the emphasis of quality, I'm sure they're making this all with good intentions, the problem is that by having the set deadlines and making thing interconnect so blatantly they could be doing more harm than good. The deadline thing is the most problematic area, by setting these film down for these specific dates you've taken away the process of creating something truly special, the organicness is gone, and suddenly you've got a time limit, and not just for one film, 4 films. IM2 suffered from this already, no doubt in my mind that Favreau and the writers would have loved an extra year up their sleeve. I believe the better option for Marvel would have been to simply let things breath more naturally, make the movies as they come, concentrate on making them good one at time, then do the big team up movie when the time is right.
...time is money...
and they get paid for being creative

its sad to say this, but its a business after all... no matter how much we love these things.... someone will name a prize....
and then they have to deliver in time

humanimal why does Marvel need to have the Avengers out in 2012? why not in 2014 or 2015?

why can they not make first a thor sequel or CA sequel?

cause the earth stops to spin in 2012 and they wanna make profit before it happens

:o

:cwink:

humanimal why does Marvel need to have the Avengers out in 2012? why not in 2014 or 2015?

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWILhrSzw5o&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWILhrSzw5o&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

I remember the days when people complained that NO comic book movies were being made....mow it's too many....sheesh.

C. Lee.... welcome to the 21st century... so 5-6 CB movies a year... probably more if you include all those less mainstream adaptations is not overkill in a normal world? Once the last massive hypeable movies are out (BB3, Avengers) I think the rush will pass and people will start yawning at the sight of more superhero movies.

That's my issue... Marvel is building up Avengers like it's their end game. There is nothing noteworthy to look ahead to once it comes and goes (outside of IM3). They will probably hype it as such. I thought they should have waited a few more years before making it, because it seems they have nowhere else to go once it's done.

Oh, I forgot...this is the days of the ADHD....must have constant change and shiny objects to keep them interested.

Its not too many but too rushed.

In some peoples opinion it's too fast. Others think it isn't fast enough....some think it's moving along fine. That's the way it is with everything ever connected to any movie being made. Some like it, some don't, some don't care one way or the other.

What I was stating is this....I've been around for a long time...I have been there when there was absolutely nothing being done with comic book characters....and I'm here now when there is a lot being done with them....and I enjoy the lot being done a whole lot more than the nothing being done.

...time is money...
and they get paid for being creative

its sad to say this, but its a business after all... no matter how much we love these things.... someone will name a prize....
and then they have to deliver in time

Totally understand that but at the same time it's also an art form and things shouldn't be rushed, I mean it's not like the characters are going anywhere. What annoys me is that IM2 felt very much like a business decision first, hell I think I read somewhere a release date was put down before Marvel consulted with Favreau about it, the end result was a less than stellar sequel. There's already talk of WB working on GL 2 and 3, and this is before the first film is released, that already has me concerned. I don't get this need to pop these things out like pills, you're doing no-one any favours except the die hard fans who only care about see character-X on screen in any type of film. Just focus on making quality films.

The only real Avengers 'pushing' in IM2 was the scene with Coulson about to leave to find Thor's hammer & the end scene between Fury & Stark.

I remember reading reviews that the Avengers scenes in Iron Man 2 ruined the movie. They were hardly even there and I really enjoyed them when they were there. It links all the movies together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"