The Avengers Avengers trailer discussion

gugumugats

SKIDOOOOOSH!!
Reaction score
I don't know if i'm not digging deep enough, but I realized there's no thread to discuss the trailer (yeah, i know, I'm kind of late to the party) or upcoming trailers.

I'll admit that I'm more of a TDKR fan, than an Avengers fan, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited for The Avengers. Anyways, after reading constant comparisons to Michael Bay in the TDKR boards (please don't go over there to start stuff, I don't intend to start any competitions here either), I decided to watch the trailer again.

After giving the trailer, a 100th view, it definitely does not come off as Bay-esque. Not to bash the action scenes or anything, but Michael Bay seems to have a more spectacular and organic way of staging his action scenes, especially compared to the street explosion scene in the trailer. Plus, it isn't necessarily a bad thing to compare the Avengers to a Michael Bay movie.

HOWEVER, despite Bay's merits as an action director, Whedon still brings A LOT to the table given his experience with ensemble casts and snarky interplay between conflicting characters. The trailer really shows off the Whedon touch in the little argument between Cap and snarky Stark.

Anyways, I would say that I enjoyed the teaser trailer a lot (it is not that Bay-esque, not that there's anything wrong with that), and I am really looking forward to any new trailers.

Well I think it's a bit early to really judge on what the action scenes will be like in this film just from seeing the first trailer..especially since first trailers don't normally show the real scope of the film as how the second trailer normally would for these types of films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"