Baby rescued from sewage pipe

RetrogradeOrbit

Do I look like I'm joking?
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-22712895

This story both really upset me and made me elated.

Upset because of what the stupid mother did and elation because of the outcome.

I have not been able to decide whether the mother is stupid or callous beyond belief. If it is the latter, I would be first in line to execute her.

This mother may be just ridiculously stupid, but she should go to jail. And she shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this kid ever again.

I agree, it sounds sketchy. It's kind of terrible, but I think the authorities believe her story because the baby was a boy. Chinese families don't get rid of boys. :o I fully expected this baby was a girl when I saw the headline and where it happened.

She is clearly lying. Yes she couldn't afford an abortion but it seems she always planned to kill the child. She covered up the pregnancy, didn't call for help when she went into labour and then 'accidentally' dropped the poor child down the toilet? How does a child that size actually go down without some manoeuvrings to get down the pipe? She then hid the fact it was her child from the authorities, if it was an accident why did she do that? She never wanted it so she disposed of it.

They better not let her near that child.

I agree, it sounds sketchy. It's kind of terrible, but I think the authorities believe her story because the baby was a boy. Chinese families don't get rid of boys. :o I fully expected this baby was a girl when I saw the headline and where it happened.

She isn't married though is she? Chances are a single mother would not be wanted when a family is only allowed one baby regardless of the gender.

Heard about this at work the other day. Just a sad situation. Glad the little boy is doing good.

This is really screwed up....I'm soo glad the baby was rescued!

In China doesn't this happen a lot though? Because of the whole only 2 kids things?

She is clearly lying. Yes she couldn't afford an abortion but it seems she always planned to kill the child. She covered up the pregnancy, didn't call for help when she went into labour and then 'accidentally' dropped the poor child down the toilet? How does a child that size actually go down without some manoeuvrings to get down the pipe? She then hid the fact it was her child from the authorities, if it was an accident why did she do that? She never wanted it so she disposed of it.

I'm not sure how the bad place this happened , but I'm assuming she delivered the child facing the end of the toilet. I could see how it might of happened. Also she was the one to call rescue service. Whatever the case may be it appears she isn't going to be punished for this.

Survival of the child is impressive
The mother doing it is creepy, and sadly gives some reason to the "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" meme

I'm not sure how the bad place this happened , but I'm assuming she delivered the child facing the end of the toilet. I could see how it might of happened. Also she was the one to call rescue service. Whatever the case may be it appears she isn't going to be punished for this.

No she wasn't. She told the landlord she heard a baby crying 2 days after it happened and he phoned the authorities.

No she wasn't. She told the landlord she heard a baby crying 2 days after it happened and he phoned the authorities.

The reporter in the video says initially it was believed to be residents who called alarm , but it was in fact the mother.

Was it really in the pipe for 2 days? That puts a different spin on this story.

I can't. Who mistakes going into labor for having to take a dump, let's the kid slide out, flushes the kid and then just leaves him in the pipe for 2 days? She's something much worse than just an idiot, but I don't want to get an infraction. This story is enraging.

She isn't married though is she? Chances are a single mother would not be wanted when a family is only allowed one baby regardless of the gender.
She's only 22. My old roommate from mainland China is 32 and has a younger brother - she's just old enough to have bypassed the one-child rule.

This girl is very likely an only child. I cannot imagine how the grandparents would have rejected a grandson, even if their daughter is unmarried.

It doesn't surprise me that this case is putting into light the issue about unsafe premarital sex in China. We are not taught anything - I needed to teach myself with books. Luckily my parents raised a nerd who loves to do research. :oldrazz: All my parents told me was that sex was bad bad bad. My mom even blanched a bit when she found out I was having sex with my now-husband in my mid-20s (I was undergoing a medical procedure and they asked), but at that point I was like, "Ya know, you had me when you were younger! I am old enough to have sex!" :funny:

This is really screwed up....I'm soo glad the baby was rescued!

In China doesn't this happen a lot though? Because of the whole only 2 kids things?
Yes, but it usually happens to girls.

I will say, it doesn't make me feel sorry that I married a white guy without an Asian fetish. :oldrazz:

They estimate he was that old, but the placenta was still attached. I'm not sure if the baby would have gone two whole days without being noticed in a public bathroom....

Last edited:
I can't. Who mistakes going into labor for having to take a dump, let's the kid slide out, flushes the kid and then just leaves him in the pipe for 2 days? She's something much worse than just an idiot, but I don't want to get an infraction. This story is enraging.

Someone would have to be incredibly stupid for this to happen , but generally there are plenty of those types out there . The pipe hole seems big enough for a baby to slide into.....kinda. My initial impression was the police were called immediately after. I know a woman can be in labor for hours , but the wait time is very suspect. The authorities seem to have just let this one go.

They estimate he was that old, but the placenta was still attached. I'm not sure if the baby would have gone two whole days without being noticed in a public bathroom....

Hopefully not. I'm feeling queasy just thinking about. Let's just say I'd never use a public bathroom again.

Someone would have to be incredibly stupid for this to happen , but generally there are plenty of those types out there . The pipe hole seems big enough for a baby to slide into.....kinda. My initial impression was the police were called immediately after. I know a woman can be in labor for hours , but the wait time is very suspect. The authorities seem to have just let this one go.
Babies' heads are very malleable when they are just born. If it was a 4-inch diameter pipe, it's likely he could have slide into it. He had just come out of an natural canal that was about that size, don't forget. :oldrazz: (Complete cervical dilation is 10cm, which is just under 4 inches.)

There are cases where women deny they're pregnant, and their bodies do incredibly odd things, like not getting huge and managing to give birth in public bathrooms. Normally first birth labors take more than an entire day, but in those cases, it obviously takes much less time.

And sure there's usually blood, but squatting on top of the giant hole in the ground and thinking that's a better option to give birth to a live baby with? :doh: Girl needs some common sense smacked into her head. At best.

For what it's worth, since it's a boy, I bet the grandparents would take him in no problem. :oldrazz: Hopefully they'll do a better job. And if it was a girl, an American couple would have taken her in yesterday. :funny: [/am Chinese myself so I can say those things :oldrazz: ]

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2013/may/280513-2-day-old-baby-flushed-down-toilet-pipe-rescued.htm

Apparently. If we believe she did just after giving birth as she said happened 'accidentally'.

Because she flushed it as soon as it was born. I guess it depends if it cried solidly for 2 whole days or if it was the screams of the tell tale baby in the mother's conscience.

Babies' heads are very malleable when they are just born. If it was a 4-inch diameter pipe, it's likely he could have slide into it. He had just come out of an natural canal that was about that size, don't forget. :oldrazz: (Complete cervical dilation is 10cm, which is just under 4 inches.)

There are cases where women deny they're pregnant, and their bodies do incredibly odd things, like not getting huge and managing to give birth in public bathrooms. Normally first birth labors take more than an entire day, but in those cases, it obviously takes much less time.

And sure there's usually blood, but squatting on top of the giant hole in the ground and thinking that's a better option to give birth to a live baby with? :doh: Girl needs some common sense smacked into her head. At best.

For what it's worth, since it's a boy, I bet the grandparents would take him in no problem. :oldrazz: Hopefully they'll do a better job. And if it was a girl, an American couple would have taken her in yesterday. :funny: [/am Chinese myself so I can say those things :oldrazz: ]

But think about the angle of the toilet. Its not just a straight drop. Its a bad place of coincidence that it went right down the pipe and didn't get lodged at an angle in the bowl.

Last edited:
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2013/may/280513-2-day-old-baby-flushed-down-toilet-pipe-rescued.htm

Apparently. If we believe she did just after giving birth as she said happened 'accidentally'.

Because she flushed it as soon as it was born. I guess it depends if it cried solidly for 2 whole days or if it was the screams of the tell tale baby in the mother's conscience.

But think about the angle of the toilet. Its not just a straight drop. Its a bad place of coincidence that it went right down the pipe and didn't get lodged at an angle in the bowl.
Guys...this was in China. This is a SQUAT toilet, not the kind that you have in your own bathrooms. They didn't have a flushing mechanism the way that we do here.

There was footage of the rescue. You could see the baby's feet looking down into the squat toilet. He didn't just disappear into a bent pipe. The pipe they cut him out of, looked to be only a foot or so under the actual toilet. I highly doubt he was in there for 2 whole days, especially if you could see his damn feet looking down into it. That's just an estimation of how old he was by how he looked, but they really have no way of knowing. All babies look like moles until they're a few months old. :oldrazz:

I've used squat toilets myself in Taiwan, and the one that the baby was stuck in is practically prehistoric. And disgusting. That poor baby. :csad:

That's exactly why it's not too hard to believe this might of been a mistake. I did see the video and it's plausible the baby could of slid into the hole. The only thing that stands out to me is the 2 day theory.

That's exactly why it's not too hard to believe this might of been a mistake. I did see the video and it's plausible the baby could of slid into the hole. The only thing that stands out to me is the 2 day theory.
The main thing that stands out to me is how she could think squatting over the hole as she gave birth was a better idea than doing it over the floor. Sure there's blood and gross stuff, but if someone saw the blood or saw her with the baby, the jig was up!

I have a hard time understanding someone giving birth squatting over a toilet and not expecting the baby to fall in (?).

The main thing that stands out to me is how she could think squatting over the hole as she gave birth was a better idea than doing it over the floor. Sure there's blood and gross stuff, but if someone saw the blood or saw her with the baby, the jig was up!

The entire scenario makes her look guilty. I've tried to see it from her point of view , but if she is guilty that was an ill conceived plan.

she should spend some time in a sewer pipe. that's no way to come into the world.

Regardless of wether it was attempted infanticide or not, they should keep that baby the bad place away from that woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"