bad casting

Fans of Reilly

Civilian
Reaction score
And I do not mean in the sense most people think of when they think bad casting

bad casting as him being cast as this character Wasting his talent and his time

Example

Ray Park as Toad Seriously some one Thought casting a bad ass martial artist like Ray Park as Toad a Good idea

I never really liked Toby Mguire (excuse my spelling) as Spiderman, nor Kristen Dunst.
I always thought Marvel Studios has been spot on with casting however!

bro did you Did you read what I wrote above this is not about who is not good for the role this is about who was too good for role the and deserved a better role

Topher Grace did a great job in Spider-Man 3 in my opinion, just not as the character he should have playing. He probably would have made a good Carnage though.

Topher Grace did a great job in Spider-Man 3 in my opinion, just not as the character he should have playing. He probably would have made a good Carnage though.

Yep Topher was great, always thought he could pull of a good Spider-man, and thats what didnt make sense for me. Why cast a good Spider-Man to play Venom??

bro did you Did you read what I wrote above this is not about who is not good for the role this is about who was too good for role the and deserved a better role

I'm really having a hard time understanding how you think Park deserved a better role. Like what? Yes, he's a great gymnastic martial artist but a terrible actor. Who should he have played instead?

Spider‐Man;24474577 said:
I'm really having a hard time understanding how you think Park deserved a better role. Like what? Yes, he's a great gymnastic martial artist but a terrible actor. Who should he have played instead?

I mean a more bad ass character like a dangerous silent assassin I'm not saying give him more dialogue

The obvious one to me is Natalie Portman...could've gotten away with someone who wasn't as big and then you wouldn't have to worry about her thinking she's too big and getting forced into Thor 2 by Marvel if the reports are true.

^yeah continue to blame the actors it is all terrence howard,natlie portman,edward norton,hugo weaving,mickey rourke's fault

marvel couldn't possibly be a holes or difficult to work with

^yeah continue to blame the actors it is all terrence howard,natlie portman,edward norton,hugo weaving,mickey rourke's fault

I thought Hugo Weaving was perfect for Red Skull, just too bad he thought the character he played didn't have any potential for another film. I greatly appreciate him for doing the role.

I loved her as Jane, and it's mostly on Marvel for "over-casting" but if she wasn't planning on sticking around why take the role? That's on the actor.

They could've avoided the issue by casting a lesser known actress, and to me that would've been the way to go. Natalie was kinda wasted as Jane which is what the thread is about.

Actors who don't like to conform to what marvel wants have had problems. Not to say that's right, but in the MCU they do have to be a bit more overbearing than other studios. I'm totally on the side of Hugo because he too was misused in his movie like Portman was. Rourke was mostly in the right, but he wasn't the easiest to work with, which I don't fully blame him for with the way IM2 was. Howard got greedy after the success of IM1...maybe I missed something else, but that's on him. And Ed Norton is a well documented case where both sides were in the wrong at different times. The reports of her being unhappy and Marvel forcing her to do Thor TDW aren't substantiated, I mean at the same point of production on Thor people were saying Anthony Hopkins was walking off set and hated Hemsworth...and that Hemsworth was terrible. Obviously that wasn't true, I just threw that in because if it was true that was another reason it wasn't the best idea to "over"cast Portman to play Jane.

Marvel isn't the best at appeasing their actors, but every studio has issues like these it's just for the most part they aren't close to how much Marvel is under the microscope.

But back to what this thread is about yes I thought they "over" casted Natalie Portman. She was already really big and the Oscar win just added to her wanting to continue that direction most likely. She needed a cool down after Black Swan, and marvel obviously jumped at the chance to get her.and by all accounts she loved her experience working on Thor. But she kinda phoned it in, she is really talented so it was still good....but I think a lesser known would've tried harder to add a little more texture to the role...just my opinion.

Last edited:
I loved her as Jane, and it's mostly on Marvel for "over-casting" but if she wasn't planning on sticking around why take the role? That's on the actor.

They could've avoided the issue by casting a lesser known actress, and to me that would've been the way to go. Natalie was kinda wasted as Jane which is what the thread is about.

Portman did plan to return when she first signed on though. She was apparently looking forward to it, and played a big part in Patty Jenkins taking over the director's chair - her issues with Marvel seem to stem from Jenkins being replaced Alan Taylor.

Portman did plan to return when she first signed on though. She was apparently looking forward to it, and played a big part in Patty Jenkins taking over the director's chair - her issues with Marvel seem to stem from Jenkins being replaced Alan Taylor.

Things didn't work out. Maybe they're being all PC but both parties said they still want to work together in the future. I'd tell her to Get. Over. It.

Frankly, there are better Jane Foster's out there. Her performance was fine definitely better than Tyler's Ross, but still wasn't anything special.

Sure, Marvel is set in their ways and may be hard to work with, but they resolved issues with SLJ when they came up and even Skarsgard with Avengers.. They've won some and they've lost some.

It is my hope after TDW, they cut ties and either don't bring the character back, or just get someone else.

I wouldn't be bothered either way in regards to her not returning after TDW. I thought all of Thor's supporting characters on Earth could just have been written out, to be honest.

The Problem with Natalie Portman in Thor wasn't the actress it was the script. Thor loves Jane Foster because she's brave. "Thou art but a mere mortal Jane Foster of Earth yet thee braves danger to help those in need."
Instead of being an EMT she was retooled as an absent minded professor type. Thor had no real reason to love her other than she was simply there. Loki says that she turned him around when if anybody got through to him it was Erik Selvig by being a father type to him after he though Odin died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"