Bad guys that you wished would have gotten away with it

Salma Hayek in Savages of course. Keep rooting for the 'heroes' to die, they were so damn annoying.

Also, High Noon. Not so much that I wanted the bad guys to win as I thought the film would be much more powerful if Gary Cooper dies and the townspeople are left to deal with the consequences of their cowardice.

I don't think they had plastic surgery in the 1940's. Or at least, not very good plastic surgery as they have today.

You'd be surprised. Not as good as today's as you say, but certainly good enough to hide a giant swastika scar on someone's forehead.

Dany? She's not really a bad guy

That's a matter of perspective, I think. As the audience we see things from her point of view so her actions and the justifications for them are always clear to us. If we were told the story of say, one of her slaves or even an enemy, we'd probably find her pretty villainous.

She doesn't own slaves and her enemies are actually monstrous people. But that's beside the point, she's a protagonist of the story. Hell more of a protagonist than Ned, and certainly not someone to compare to the likes of Hans Landa or Raoul Silva or are by and large antagonists of the stories.

Last edited:
She doesn't own slaves and her enemies are actually monstrous people. But that's beside the point, she's a protagonist of the story. Hell more of a protagonist than Ned, and certainly not someone to compare to the likes of Hans Landa or Raoul Silva or are by and large antagonists of the stories.

Yes, she is a protagonist of the story, that in no way means she as a character can't be considered a villain. She absolutely has slaves, or at the very least had them even if she doesn't currently.

Landa and Silva were villains of The Basterd's and James Bond's stories, but imagine if the stories were told from their point of view -the Basterds and Bond suddenly become the villains. No one thinks of themselves as the bad guy. Silva consider M the villain and himself the hero. With characters like Dany it's all about perspective. Dany has and intends on doing some pretty stuff, she's not the audiences villain, but she's definitely someone's.

Who's? The Ghiscari slavers? The men and women who castrate children and turn them into unemotional killing machines?

We see in the books that while she disturbs the way of things in Essos she's clearly doing the right thing. The Volantian slaves beg for her to come to them. Yes she does some questionable things but that still doesn't warrant her being labeled as a villain. That's like saying Batman is a villain for disrupting the corruption in Gotham and changing the way of life all of those in power.

At the very most Dany is slightly anti-heroic and I don't think that fits with the thread about villains whom you want to get away with it.

I'm not sure you get what I'm saying, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I get it just fine. You're saying everyones a villain to someone else from their point of view. I agree with that. Just not at all about Dany.

Col. Quaritch from Avatar mainly because he's a badass and i found the Na'vi from Avatar to be unbearably annoying due to the heavy-handed storytelling.

Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds

The Joker from The Dark Knight because I actually think that he spoke a lot of truth to Bats.

In Film:

Roland Tembo from The Lost World, if he can be considered a real bad guy and not designated as the bad guy.

He captured the trex and presumably went home after. However, he had one of the best lines ever...

"Peter, if you want me to run your little camping trip, there are two conditions: first, I'm in charge, and when I'm not around, Dieter is. All you have to do is sign the checks, tell us we're doing a good job, and open your case of scotch when we have a good day. Second condition: my fee? You can keep it. All I want in return for my services is the right to hunt one of the tyrannosaurs. A male, a buck only. How and when is my business. Now if you don't like either of those conditions, you're on your own. So go ahead, set up base camp right here, or in a swamp, or in the middle of a Rex nest for all I care. But I've been on too many safaris with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas, OK?"

His delivery of this dialogue was perfect.

i also liked his line about the man who climbed everest.

Man, I wish we got that Deacon Frost prequel that was essentially 'vampire scarface'.

I think they could have at least pushed that storyline into a second film and then have Blade II be Blade 3, if you know what I mean.

He was like, the only smart person in that movie except for Malcolm. So no, he wasn't a bad guy in my opinion.

He doesn't even do anything particularly immoral. He's less of a villain than Julianne Moore and Vince Vaughn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"