Should Clark and Lana have been together for more then half a season?

Superman_

Civilian
Reaction score
I was just watching my SV DVD's and I think that they should have gotten Clark and Lana together at the end of season 3 maybe the start of season 4. I just feel that SV missed out of something by not exploring it more.

sigh....

My whole opinon as a person who likes Lana and is prone to defend the character is that they never should have been together as boyfriend and girlfriend and really developed a working relationship and kept there feelings to themselves. I think by rushing that out for fans they didnt give much depth to the character. And this is a character who I think should have depth, can have depth and there's nothing wrong with the actress who plays her achieving. Matter of fact I would step further and say she wanted that and still does.
The problem with Smallville is the writers are very lazy (even when they write for a character they claim to enjoy like Lois it looks crap and nothing is achieved) and there's way too many female characters. I mean the concept of Chloe and Lana should be potrayed by one person. What has Lois done since she's been there? nothing. Now we have Kara? But show and maybe TPTB and the network itself have over-formulaised things (one girl for him to moon, the girl who is a plutonic friend and is smart but can never have and then his future love who he is so comfortable with he has an almost sibling relationship with. Which is pretty creepty but then again the story is set in a midwest small town so what ya wanna do?).
Early on I thought there was nothing wrong and the relationship was just cliched but never annoying (but it depends on what type of viewer you are. One for the comics/fantasy genre element or for the CW teen element. Or are you some ugly fat chick who flaunts shippers because for some reason you vicarously live your life for Tom Welling through one of them and hate any other chick on the show.....including his mom).
As a person who feels the character of Lana gets no respect from the writers its frustrating to see them take a good concept and go ahead and screw it up ( case in point: The Lex-Lana relationship having a baby in the storyline).
I'm glad she knows Clark's secret and they can work together rather than have a relationship. Everything she knows about Lex may prove to be valuable.
But aside from that yeah they peaked way too early with that and its a shame too cause there's a lotta un-neccessary hate because of that.

And that's it. Done. No more talk on this lol. I dont need no Lana hate this early in the morning at the office. Close thread move on. lol. Shut the lights, close the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"