Falcon and Winter Soldier Baron Z E M O - He's back for more vengeance?

He just sat there in the finale... i eXpected more.

Unless there is some big plan to turn him into a worthwhile villain, I hope Marvel Studios just leaves him on the Raft. Let someone like Doc Ock or Crimson Cowl lead the MCU Masters of Evil.

I mean, they absolutely do have a plan to make him a worthwhile villain, you just don't like it because you are too caught up on superficial aspects like "What his costume looks like".

Well Isaiah, Walker, and Bucky are still out there... He may not be satisfied with that.

And Hulk. And Ant-Man. And War Machine. And Thor and the rest of the Asgardians. And Spider-Man. And Captain Marvel. And Scarlet Witch.

In other words, Zemo's got a LOT more work to do before he can declare the world free of supes.

And Hulk. And Ant-Man. And War Machine. And Thor and the rest of the Asgardians. And Spider-Man. And Captain Marvel. And Scarlet Witch.

In other words, Zemo's got a LOT more work to do before he can declare the world free of supes.

I'm not sure if he has that ultimate aim. He didn't try to kill Bucky and even tried to give him advice in their last scene, so he doesn't seem to begrudge Bucky his existence.

I'm not sure if he has that ultimate aim. He didn't try to kill Bucky and even tried to give him advice in their last scene, so he doesn't seem to begrudge Bucky his existence.

For sure, he isn't as extreme in his anti-superhero ideology as Billy Butcher.

I just want the deleted scene of Jeeves the Butler crawling under that armored van and rigging up the bomb. :o

He could be like Alfred and have all kinds of military training and tech knowledge and run both the Zemo mansion and Zemo cave, occasionally driving the Zemomobile as well.

The mask kinda sucked anyway so it's no major loss.

Zemo feels like a Netflix Zemo with only a nod to his mask for a brief scene. They should give him a proper one to wear more frequently.

He could be like Alfred and have all kinds of military training and tech knowledge and run both the Zemo mansion and Zemo cave, occasionally driving the Zemomobile as well.
We call him the butler, but maybe it's more like we've been watching Zemo Beyond.

The only criticism I have is that Zemo wore his mask once, he should have worn it more. In the promotional material and advertisement for the series has featured Zemo in the mask .

Hopefully the next time we see him he gets that mask glued permanently to his face like in the comics.

I don’t mind that he only wore it in one scene. I just wish we got some backstory on it. It seemed like there was something there that they just didn’t go into. But maybe they are saving that story for his inevitable return.

The only criticism I have is that Zemo wore his mask once, he should have worn it more. In the promotional material and advertisement for the series has featured Zemo in the mask .

Hopefully the next time we see him he gets that mask glued permanently to his face like in the comics.

That was Heinrich. Helmut got disfigured, which was something else that I hoped we would see, but alas.

For sure, he isn't as extreme in his anti-superhero ideology as Billy Butcher.

Its like I've said, his issue seems to not be with superheroes or superhumans per se, but with the idea of the Superman. Superhuman superhero ( or supervillain! ) as symbol and idol, encouraging worship by others and hubris in oneself. Or at least, that is where he's settled out in terms of taking his personal pain and tragedy and thirst for vengeance and meaning, and hammering it into a philosophy that is coherent enough to satisfy his intelligence and self-awareness. Its ultimately a self-justification, but he's honest enough that he has to actually put together a good justification, as opposed to a simple "excuse to do what I wanted" one.

Net result, he's definitely skeptical towards superhumans and superheroes generally, but his trigger finger only really gets murderously itchy when he sees someone inching towards a full blown god complex. Neither Sam nor Bucky were, hence why he could deal with them on vaguely affable terms. . . while pretty much everyone affiliated with the Flagsmashers in this story *was*.

-The Flagsmashers themselves were, of course, an ideological organization dedicated to gaining followers who would obey their cause

-Karli especially and the other super Smashers more broadly definitely looked upon their powers as means and justification for enacting their cause

-Dr Nagel leaned really heavily into "mad scientist with visions of megalomania" territory

-The Power Broker wanted super soldier minions for the simple added power, and already cultivated a mysterious and godlike reputation within the territory they ruled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"