Bat character ages?

"A Lonely Place of Dying" placed Tim at the Circus when Dick's parents were killed. Tim looked about, 3 or 4. About 10 years later is when Tim became Robin. I'm pretty sure the last time Tim's age was mentioned he was 16, since it's OYL my guess is Tim is 17. If you know how old Tim is, you can maybe extrapolate the ages of the rest of the group. Except Jason. His age is fuzzy.

i'm asked this question quite a lot (little siblings eh?)- not just bat family, but across the board. the simplest way i have of explaining it all away is is by *very* roughly placing them all in different 'generations'. so batman/supes/silver age lot are all 37ish. 10 years younger are nightwing/outsiders/ rest of the old titans etc at 27ish. and 10 years younger are the next gen robin/speedy/new (new) titans etc; at 17ish.
i suppose add a year for OYL.
absolutely no basis in comic research whatsoever, but it keeps me (and my little bro's) content. =)

ps: that would place jason in the same catagory as nightwing, pull it back a few years and call him 24(ish)?

TheCorpulent1 said:
17. He was 16 before OYL. I also thought he'd be 18, but someone mentioned that the last birthday we'd seen for Tim was his 16th. Although no mention has been made so far about his stepmother or Bruce adopting him, so it's possible that he is 18 and thus legally an adult, so none of that matters anymore.

he's still thinking about it in the arc that james robinson is writing and tim is 17.

Bruce keeps talking in the Bat-books about the "big plans" he has for Tim. I'm thinking maybe he is going to adopt him.

i got the impression he was referring to the here and now, as in looking after another orphaned teenager, this time one who's really been off on his own and has a strong independant streak.
regardless of a formal adoption, bruce is essincially tim's father figure and him stressing about his plans is just batman worrying about the usual parental issues.
then again maybe i'm wrong and he wants tim to go undercover and with some organisation for a long period (ala batgirl/kasumi).

Fledermaus said:
Bruce keeps talking in the Bat-books about the "big plans" he has for Tim. I'm thinking maybe he is going to adopt him.
That wouldn't make much sense, though, since Bruce already tried to adopt Tim and Tim refused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"