Batman and Harley Quinn - Based on Original Story by Bruce Timm

2vt6zxx.jpg

Is that Planet Krypton?

Looks like it.

JPQXHSp.jpg

I really don't care for Harley's voice. But everything else looks great.

I really don't care for Harley's voice. But everything else looks great.

Same. It's a shame Arleen Sorkin didn't do this one. Have all the old school cast back.

Same. It's a shame Arleen Sorkin didn't do this one. Have all the old school cast back.

It really is a shame that she retired (as confirmed by Bruce Timm).

She'll always be the heart and soul of Harley Quinn.

Harley's voice is grating, but I hope this does well so we get more movies in this style

That's pretty slick and funny for an intro.

My theater was about one third full, some families with younger kids (maybe not the best idea).
The crowd responded to the risqué humor, there was some applause at the end.
I found the tone, coupled with the Animated Series visuals, a little jarring. But I would say that the hit-to-miss ratio on the humor falls mostly the film's favor.
I expect this to be divisive, and Bruce Timm may get some grief again.

Before you watch, maybe ask yourself this question- How do you feel about Harley and Ivy boob-punching each other?
If that sounds appalling, don't see 'Batman and Harley Quinn'. If you think it might be kinda funny, give it a go.

Shouldn't be too divisive. I said before this is going to have Batman and Nightwing play backseat to the other characters. Low & behold, this is a TAS ep filtered through Harley Quinn's tone. Great, now another animated flick I'll be glad to compare to a live-action endeavor [blackout]GCS[/blackout].

Get ready for some pretty divisive reactions to this film. This is not Mask of the Phantasm 2, this is not a continuation of JLU or a dramatic exploration of Nightwing's detachment from Batman after the TNBA years. This is fun, silly and totally heartwarming in places. Some will hate it, some will like it.

I LOVED it.

It was so nostalgic to see the classic Bruce Timm (and up on the big screen) style, with Conroy and Lester doing what they do best. The jokes were genuinely funny and Harley Quinn stayed true to her character (although in a PG-13 manner). People will complain like mad about the scene between Nightwing and Harley, but it got great laughs out of the audience and unlike the Babs debacle from last year, I felt Timm earned this one.

I hope this sells well as I really want more DTV's like this (and hopefully a more serious one also set in the DCAU).

I know I'll mostly be in the minority with this, but hey, I had a good time.

I acknowledge some people will like this.

I am not one of them. Between the forced sexual jokes, the...immaturity jokes, the cheap references to previous designs and the rest of the DCAU, it felt like a bad episode of B:Tas, cool to see the designs, but even the facial expressions of both Nightwing and the B-man took me right out of what I was watching.

What I got from this is that Timm wanted to make a solo Harley Quinn story in the vein of her books, but felt like he needed Batman to sell it. I had a good time with it, but it was weird seeing fart jokes in a movie sporting the classic BTAS look.

What I got from this is that Timm wanted to make a solo Harley Quinn story in the vein of her books, but felt like he needed Batman to sell it. I had a good time with it, but it was weird seeing fart jokes in a movie sporting the classic BTAS look.

More like WB needed Batman to sell it.

Yeah, it was most likely WB who wanted Bats.

Which is odd since I think if Batman wasn't in it, it would have been a much better movie. A lot of the batman/nightwing scenes were so cringeworthy.

Really enjoyed it. Thank you, Bruce Timm. You always have my back. After that piece of **** ss movie this is what I needed.

Can't wait to get it on blu-ray.

Last edited:
That intro reminds me a bit of the 1966 movie intro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"