Batman & Harley Quinn Animated Movie Coming in 2017

harlequinade

DayGirl
Reaction score
During a WB Animation panel held prior to the premiere of Batman: The Killing Joke at San Diego Comic-Con, the studio revealed that their big animated movie release for next summer will be entitled Batman and Harley Quinn. While many DC animated films serve to adapt famous comic arcs, Batman and Harley Quinn will instead be a completely original tale centered on the titular characters, and written by Harley co-creator Timm. Details on the project beyond that weren’t announced, outside of the aforementioned summer 2017 release window.

With so much buzz surrounding Harley’s portrayal in Suicide Squad, it’ll be interesting to see which rendition of the character Timm and WB choose to include in Batman and Harley Quinn. Considering that Timm co-created her, one might imagine that he’d lean toward her original incarnation from Batman: TAS, but there is something to be said for cross promotion among company properties.

It’ll also be interesting to see who ends up voicing the titular characters, and whether or not The Joker plays a large role in the proceedings. Since the Clown Prince of Crime isn’t included in the film’s title, one might imagine that if he does show up, he’ll be a supporting character at most. Still, it’s hard to imagine “Mr. J.” not appearing in some fashion, given how closely he tends to be linked to Harley.

As for voice actors, the obvious choice for Batman would seem to be stalwart Caped Crusader Kevin Conroy, and the obvious Joker would of course be Mark Hamill. A real coup, assuming Timm could somehow pull it off, would be to lure original Harley actress Arleen Sorkin back to the role she helped make so well known. Sorkin last played the character in 2012, and has seemed to all but officially retire from show business since. Should Sorkin return, Batman and Harley Quinn would truly serve as a love letter to long-time fans.
http://screenrant.com/batman-harley-quinn-animated-movie-2017/

Just saw this. It was ridiculous and also hilarious ! It didn't make a lot of sense ( but a lot more sense than Batman:Ninja) but also was a lot of fun ( again more fun than Batman:Ninja) it had a surprising amount of violence and adult content and some really funny adult references including heavily implied sex scenes fart gags and lines like: "Now wait just a God damn minute! That's it ? You got what you wanted now you're gonna dump me...like Night-wig over here Captain Kirk-ing me for info, then sphutt! (sound effect) see ya later toots!" :lmao:

It was also quite trippy at times.

Worth a look, especially if you need a laugh. I give it a 7/10. I'm thinking of you @Spider-Aziz
(also, I picked up the DVD for $4)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"