Batman and the Monster Men

Miller's next Batman book takes place during Year 1.5 also

Punch said:
Miller's next Batman book takes place during Year 1.5 also

the one where Batman takes on Al Quada?

i SO want to read that.

MaskedManJRK said:
I think they're talking about Holy Terror.
Why haven't you gotten your old account back yet?

I bought it and plan to get the rest of the series. It's good. And for me, that's saying a lot. I love the character of Batman but I'm usually disappointed by the comics.

Well, usually Batman comics have been disappointing.

I think the only ones that have been pretty good have been ALL STAR and MONSTER MEN.

Well issue 2 of Monster men was even better than issue one IMO.

I love the whole classic feel to this series.Strange is one demented dude.Really nice touch was showing him getting his subjects from Arkham.

Jim Gordon is well written.His narration gives a great intro.Nice to know his thoughts when Gotham started to turn crazy with all these costume,theatrical characters popping up.

Eagerly awaiting issue three :up:

Issue 2 was even stronger than 1 surprisingly, anyone not getting this needs to, bound to be one of the classics.

Definitely molding itself into a fine Batman story. If you're a Batman fan and you're not digging the Red Hood storyline I'd highly suggest picking up this miniseries in it's place. :up:

i plan to get issue 2 when All-Stars #3 comes out. or maybe when Gotham County Line #3 comes out...that thing kicks ash.

Second issue was great. Had that noir, pulpish feel with Batman in his element.

CConn said:
Why haven't you gotten your old account back yet?

Dew said she got the e-mail thing going for it a couple of weeks ago, and I STILL haven't gotten it. :mad:

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Hmm....when was #2 released, cuz I haven't picked it up yet.

It came out this week.

I got it today. Really good, Hugo is rather evil haha. The thing i hate about individual issues: the suspense in waiting for a month to see what happens next issue.

Looking at how Wagner writes Batman, this might be close to my ideal Batman, though it might be a bit early to say so completely. Brutal, brooding, detective. Nothing true blue about this Batman.

A number of panels reminds me of TAS.

gordon10ch.jpg

batman16iw.jpg

The art has that grim n' gritty feel, with a touch of film noir.:up:

Issue two was pretty good I might add Matt Wagner to my list of favourite Batman writers. How many other Batman mini series have come out this year I've got:

Dark detective
Gotham county line (anyone else reading this)
Jeklly and Hyde

is there any others that I've missed?

Sage, Wagner is the master of comic noir, check out Sandman Mystery Theater. Loving this version too, it incorporates most everything that makes Batman such a great character, has the feel of noir, the animated series, the long halloween, year one, and obvious continuity connection like Jim talking about batman saving his son, this is going down in history as one of the must read Batman stories.

nite-owl said:
Issue two was pretty good I might add Matt Wagner to my list of favourite Batman writers. How many other Batman mini series have come out this year I've got:

Dark detective
Gotham county line (anyone else reading this)
Jeklly and Hyde

is there any others that I've missed?

Gotham County Line is awsome

CrimsonMist said:
The thing i hate about individual issues: the suspense in waiting for a month to see what happens next issue.

Well, that's the whole point in getting comic books. Waiting that month for the next issue and when it comes it's the most awesome feeling in the world. These trade paper back buyers just don't get it. :O

I like how Wagner has written Batman here...quiet,methodical, and very efficient.

He seems a lot less moody than in Wagner's trinity!

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Well, usually Batman comics have been disappointing.

I think the only ones that have been pretty good have been ALL STAR and MONSTER MEN.
Are you mad? Read some of the 1990 comics, they kick ash! Just look at the artwork, and the storyline's are really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"