• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the **** would compare Rocksteady to Ubisoft?

- 40$ season pass
- charging 1$ for costumes
- Challange Mode used to be free, now will cost money and is just more AR challanges instead of true challange modes from past games.
- Offer alternate costumes but are limited with ridicilous restrictions where you first have to more or less beat the story mode, to use such variation in story mode.
- Extra story content that ranges from 2 to 7$ can be beaten in either 15 minutes to 1 hour and a half tops.

That's what Arkham Knight is right now.

The way Rocksteady has gone about their DLC is disappointing, to say the least, but there's at least a sense of great craftsmanship and passion behind their games. It's hard to say the same for Ubisoft, imo.

WB absolutely ripped this game a part and chopped it up into several pieces in order to milk it for the most money possible from it's die-hard fan-base. Easily the most disgusting practice done from todays game publishers.

It's simply way too expensive to be a gamer these days.

Wish it was simpler times again, for what you pay extra money for in DLC these days is what you would have gotten for free back in the day via completing in-game tasks and unlocking them.

Ok so Game informer put this up I also checked EPN.TV since they almost have something as well. so far it's just game informer for now here it is below

• [YT]jS5F5WMhP9Q[/YT]
    Rocksteady Offers First Gameplay Footage Of the Burton/Keaton 1989 Batmobile In Arkham Knight

dlc
    on Aug 15, 2015 at 02:03 PM
    ps4-icon.png
    xboxone-icon.png

Revealed last month, Batman: Arkham Knight is getting DLC with Riddler tracks and Batmobile and suit skins based on the 1989's Batman film, and this is the first time we're seeing it in action.
    ... More
source: GI

Last edited:
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but I don't see how it would be worth the money to buy a Batmobile skin that you can only basically free roam with. If this game were about cars it would be different, though it seems Rocksteady tried to make it that case.

Just being able to drive it over Gotham, that would get old fast. I feel like people will be dropping the money for one day worth of enjoyment. If the skin cannot be used for the majority of the story and its content, I don't see how they can justify putting a price tag on it.

I actually agree with this.

To sum it up, the pack involves the tim burton Batman suit and the Batmobile with 2 challenge race tracks?
You can use the Batmobile in free roam...but only if there are no drones and tanks around?

Have i missed something or is there more?

It is really sad to see that a developer like Rocksteady, who was praised so much...could now mess up so much on their (possible, but hopefully not true) final batman game.

The DLCs have always been a mess, but this time WB(or Rocksteady themself) took it really far.

I so hope that WBGM does work on an Origins sequel...it would be a shame if the batman arkham/Video game Franchise ends with such i bitter taste in everybodys mouths.

- 40$ season pass
- charging 1$ for costumes
- Challange Mode used to be free, now will cost money and is just more AR challanges instead of true challange modes from past games.
- Offer alternate costumes but are limited with ridicilous restrictions where you first have to more or less beat the story mode, to use such variation in story mode.
- Extra story content that ranges from 2 to 7$ can be beaten in either 15 minutes to 1 hour and a half tops.

That's what Arkham Knight is right now.

yet somehow EA will be voted worst company again

You don't have to beat the story this time around to use skins though. You can skin up right from the start. Though in Arkham City and Origins that was different...

You don't have to beat the story this time around to use skins though. You can skin up right from the start. Though in Arkham City and Origins that was different...

I'm talking about the 89 Batmobile.

All of you complaining about the game or DLC know you didn't have to buy the game in the first place right? You also aren't forced to buy the DLC you can either save your money until it's cheaper or just save your money entirely. I mean it's simple solutions.

Yeah you can voice your displeasure with it, but it's not gonna change things. So the only other thing to do is deal with it in a few different ways which I stated. That's about it really haha. I don't like the way COD does things anymore, so guess what I did. I didn't pre-order and won't be buying this years game haha. Crazy idea!

I've done that with games I already own too. DLC would be too pricey or not worth it to me, so I wouldn't *drum roll* I wouldn't buy it! Id wait for the price to drop and if it didn't then just didn't buy it at all.

I get voicing displeasure and what not. But 99% of the time it does nothing. The company isn't listening and already have things set up as is. It won't be changed.

WB, EA and Ubi belong there equally. Konami may join them too (the next year will tell for sure).

The moment Konami fired Kojima, and cancelled Silent Hills, is the moment they became the worst company. At least EA is giving us Battlefront and WB gave us the awesome Shadow of Mordor.
Konami is just just going from bad to worse and it'll be dead soon enough. I hope.

Yeah you can voice your displeasure with it, but it's not gonna change things.

I am voicing my displeasure and not purchasing the DLC. I'm recommending others do the same.

Why not let people do what they want? Because you aren't happy with it that means you have to tell others to not purchase it as well? Why does it concern you what they do let them make their own choice.

Well, now that we know that Rocksteady is willing to put in skins that may not necessarily have battle mode, I'd love to see the Arkham Asylum Batmobile make an appearance (even if it meant I could only use it in free roam).

No way Rocksteady is Ubisoft bad. Say whatever you will about Arkham Knight. It was a well made game. Was there a lack of bosses? Yea. Was there too many tank battles? Yea. But it was still a great well made game. The problems and issues with the game themselves are nowhere as bad as some recent AAA titles. Sure PC wasn't good for AK but that's not Rocksteady's issue.

Ubi had Watch Dogs which was boring and had downgraded graphics. They had Assassin's Creed Unity & we all know AC: Unity's problems. Terrible story, terrible characters, graphics are a mess, multiplayer was a mess at first, numerous bugs and glitches for all systems.

He'll look at more triple A titles. Arkham Knight was better than Destiny and that game had little to no plot and has a **** ton of DLC. The Order 1886 was too damn short. Titanfall had no story.

When looking at the Arkham Knight game alone, it's better than most AAA games and Rocksteady didn't **** it up as bad as some other games.

On the DLC side. First off all the DLC for Arkham City cost a combine $32. It had no season pass also. Gears of War 3 had a season pass of $30. It was worth it I will say. Call of Duty does $50 season passes. The list goes on.

I will admit. I agree Rocksteady should show us all of if not most of the DLC stuff for the game. As of now I can agree $40 isn't worth it but it depends on if they have other stuff. Isn't there like 6 story DLC missions coming? They should have released some of those in what they are about.

Yea I'm not a fan of WB Games but I am in Rocksteady. Arkham Knight is nowhere as bad as recent AAA releases for consoles.

but that's not Rocksteady's issue.

It's not Rocksteady's issue that they went to outsource the PC port?

AC: Unity's problems. Terrible story, terrible characters

Same can be said about AK.

First off all the DLC for Arkham City cost a combine $32.

I never bought the Harley Quinn DLC since it was too expensive for its content, the same problem continues here.

Look, it costs time and money to make these extra DLC contents. $1 dollar per costume is nothing! Stop complaining. This is the cost that justifies them creating it in the first place. If you don't think its worth the price for you, don't buy it. But don't say its a rip off, because it's not. Gamers need to stop acting like 5 year old brats.

WB, EA and Ubi belong there equally. Konami may join them too (the next year will tell for sure).
I really dont think EA has really been that bad in years. Aside from the Battlefield debacle the hate towards them in the last several years has been blown way out of proportion

You get the New 52 Batman, Robin, & Nightwing for free. You get Gotham Knight for free if you make a WBDI account and you get the Zu-Aui (on phone) for free if you post on the AK forums.

And no, AK was nowhere near as bad as Unity in story and characters. **** Unity was the last AC game and it was the worst one. It's a game where there is no tension and nothing ****ing happens. A game involving the French Revolution and nothing about the Revolution happens in the story, instead it happens in side missions involving co-op. Unity was a complete disaster and nothing short of dog****. No way AK is as bad as Unity just bc some people didn't like Jason being the villain even though he's better off as one & also the tank battles.

EA hate is absolutely stupid anymore. I don't care how a company does its DLC.. More so WB Games because their games are ALWAYS good.

MK
Mordor
Batman

Three great series of games (I assume Mordor will be a series) so if they want to charge 32 dollars for actual gameplay instead of 20 bucks for like three maps.. More power to 'em. I'll probably pay it.

Knight is in no way, shape or form a bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"