• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Batman-Arkham-Knight-Game-of-the-Year-Edition.jpg

Amazon Germany leaked it a few weeks ago. Dont assume it will come to NA though as the Origin complete edition was only in EU. Wait till WB says something.

The Premium edition which is what this essentially is was on sale on PSN, 2 weeks ago for $25 so I just bought that. I figured if and when the GOTY came out it would be $60+tax so I saved myself quite a bit

I'm from Italy. And I still don't have a ps4,desperately waiting for Neo news.

After looking at the progress of the remaster, they shouldn't even have officially revealed it. I still can't believe someone looked at that and thought "Yup, this is great. No one could possibly complain about this." And now here we are, with the first, of probably many more delays to come.

Maybe they thought every fan of the games are like BatFreak but he was the only one that ended up like yay yay!

roughly translated, ohh **** we screwed up and people arnt happy, we need to fix this

Yep. Glad they delayed it. WB and Rocksteady got enough **** due to the horrible Arkham Knight PC port that was done by a third party studio. The last thing they need is a ****** remaster that was done by a third party studio.

Yep. Glad they delayed it. WB and Rocksteady got enough **** due to the horrible Arkham Knight PC port that was done by a third party studio. The last thing they need is a ****** remaster that was done by a third party studio.

Remastering old games is not the ideal way for a studio to be spending their time and resources. That being said, they clearly needed to use a better third party. And not have WB execs breathing down their backs.

Remastering old games is not the ideal way for a studio to be spending their time and resources. That being said, they clearly needed to use a better third party. And not have WB execs breathing down their backs.

Depends on the studio. Some studios do nothing but remasters and ports like Bluepoint, and others are big enough that they can easily afford to work on both new projects and remasters.

Depends on the studio. Some studios do nothing but remasters and ports like Bluepoint, and others are big enough that they can easily afford to work on both new projects and remasters.
I think he meant the original studio, which is why he mentioned a third party doing it, which is what Bluepoint would be. IA with your second point, which is pretty much what happened with ND while they remastered TLoU while developing UC4

I realize what he meant, but it still depends on the studio

There's nothing related to the Arkham series in that article.

and it wasnt necesarry to spam the same article in multiple threads especially since we all know you are going to post articles in all these threads when there actually is news

There's nothing related to the Arkham series in that article.

it's more of a yet thing where Arkham is involved which Game informer does do updates and I remember once being told it doesn't make sense having an article stating update when it wasn't put up formerly.

So when I do to satisfy another poster issue cause took what they said to heart. i get another poster unhappy. Anyway there will be updates from that news outlet. How ever, it might not be directly from Game informer I'll be picking it up from. even though it'll likely have the same info initially with additions (yeah that's what updates are)stuff .

Last edited:
Finally got the Requiem for a Killer trophy. Sweet Jesus, what a pain in my ass.

I'm posting this from work I'm lucky it's lucnch break. found this interesting in my e-mails

later ya'll.

Free-to-Play "Batman: Arkham Asylum" Prequel Game Now Available on Mobile

Warner Bros. Games has released the prequel to the "Arkham" series that allows you to play as one of several iconic Batman villains.

Read it now on CBR...

well there seem to be an arkham movie in the works which take inspiration from the games & not be the same thing as the games (<<which is why this stated in red as stated inthe vide below.)

details below both in video and written form.

[YT]U3lP1jcFjLU[/YT]

5 hours ago
EP Daily Rundown for July 20, 2016

There are loads of stories to talk about today, so gotta catch 'em all in the Rundown. We have the latest on Pokémon Go, a look at the next Godzilla movie, have some cool new details on the Nintendo NX, a new project from Zelda director Eiji Aonuma, rumours about the next Batman solo movie, a look at the new xXx movie with Vin Diesel, and finally, a glimpse at the combat in No Man’s Sky! It looks like Pokémon Go is continuing to catch everyone’s attention. According to the mobile analytics firm Sensor Tower, the augmented reality game has now been downloaded more than 30 million times, which makes it the fastest growing mobile game in history. It launched in the US, Australia, and New Zealand two weeks ago, and has since spread to other territories like Canada and Europe. Because it’s such a huge hit, it’s raking in the dough for The Pokémon Company and developer Niantic Labs, having already generated $35 million from in-game microtransactions. Nintendo, which owns a stake in The Pokémon Company and Niantic Labs, has seen its stock prices soar, and they’re now worth more than their arch-nemesis Sony. The numbers are only going to go up as Pokémon Go finds its way to new markets. It’s expected to be released in its home country of Japan in the next few days, where it’s likely to be more popular than ever. The developers are hoping to keep players interested by releasing regular updates for the game. The first big one will give players the ability to trade their pocket monsters with each other. Expect that in the coming weeks.
A famous Japanese monster is making a comeback, and this one doesn’t fit in your pocket. Take a look at the all-new Japanese Godzilla movie, called Godzilla Resurgence. It doesn’t have anything to do with the recent American Godzilla movie, and is instead a fresh reboot that looks and feels more like the classic Japanese films. Best of all, they even used a guy in a suit to create Godzilla, just like the old movies, although the filmmakers also employed modern techniques like CGI on top of that. This is the first Godzilla movie produced in Japan in more than a decade, and will hit theatres there next week. Hopefully it will be released in North America as well in the not too distant future. Meanwhile, Hollywood is working on a new Godzilla film of its own, which will be a sequel to the 2014 movie. That will smash theatres in 2019.
The person behind the recent Zelda games might be leaving Hyrule for a franchise of his own. Nintendo’s Eiji Aonuma, who’s directed all the big Zelda games since Majora’s Mask, is thinking about creating a new, original game. In a recent interview with Edge magazine, Aonuma hinted that he’s in the early stages of developing a new project where players live out their lives as a thief. He adds that Nintendo has been asking him to create an original IP, but they’ve also been telling him to make more Zelda games, so it’s unclear if his thief game idea will ever become a reality. Nintendo likes to take their time with projects, so don’t hold your breath. For now, Aonuma is working on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. That will be released in early 2017 on the Wii U and Nintendo’s upcoming console, codenamed the NX.

And there’s a new reason to get excited about the Nintendo NX. Official details on the new system are scarce and it’s only been seen by a handful of people, but one of them is Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot. Speaking with investors, he says that the NX is looking great, and adds that he thinks it will help the industry grow by bringing in a lot of casual players. That’s pretty much exactly why the original Wii was such a hit, and what Nintendo failed to replicate with the Wii U. If Guillemot is right, this could mean that the NX will put Nintendo back on top of the console market. Ubisoft has a long history with Nintendo. They were one of the earliest third-party developers to embrace the Wii, which paid off big time, and they also had several launch titles for the Wii U, which were not so successful. If they’re already looking at the NX, it means we’ll likely see at least a few Ubisoft launch titles for the the console when it hits stores early next year.

Batman may be returning to Arkham Asylum. The next big screen Batman movie is rumoured to be set in and around the bad guy-infested insane asylum, which has already been the focus of many different comics, animated adventures, and video games. Citing anonymous sources, the fansite Batman-On-Film.com reports that screenwriters Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns are planning to set the film primarily inside Arkham, and that it will include many of the familiar Batman villains. The site also claims that the film won’t be a direct adaptation of the Arkham Asylum video games, although it will obviously be inspired by them and all the other Batman incarnations. As always, take these rumours with a heavy dose of skepticism until more details are unmasked.
The new Batman movie, whatever it’s about, will take place in the same universe as Batman v Superman, but we’ll try not to hold that against it. Along with co-writing the script and starring as the Caped Crusader, Affleck is also expected to direct.

source:EPN.tv

Finally did the Batgirl DLC....loved it. I expected to be dissappointed but I liked it. I almost expected it to be on the same level as Harley's but this was longer with more to do. More environments and open areas at that. I loved that they implemented the underutilized dual-play here several times.

Last edited:
I was waiting on the Return to Arkham collection so I could replay those games first before finally jumping into Arkham Knight, but then I decided to try out PC gaming and I got both GOTY editions on Steam for a combined $10, so now I don't know if I should even bother waiting for the collection. I wanted to get trophies with them, but the graphics looked like crap in comparison and it doesn't even have a release date.

I wished i could see any exciting in this batman VR.

But all i see is waste time, potential and money.
I see Rocksteady wasting their time instead of doing a game that makes you really feel like Batman...the way the Arkham games did.

I only see wasted opportunity instead of having a new Batman series or Origins 2.
And that is sad, because Rocksteady has given me as a batman fan...something so great before.
I want to be exicted for their projects, but seeing the Collection and now this...it brings no excitement to me.

They've done 3 Arkham games in a row. Maybe they are tired and burnt out from doing that at this point. This VR project is a chance to actually do something different with the IP instead of more of the same. There have been alot of Arkham stuff since this series started. Its time to give it a break for a while and I welcome Rocksteady finally letting go and moving onto something completely new. They've earned it

First off, the collection is not being done by Rocksteady. That's being handled by Virtuos, who is taking the assets for the games and "remastering" them.

This means that Rocksteady is able to focus on other things, like VR and perhaps their next title. But I don't see this as a waste of time or potential. VR in general is still fairly new and everyone is trying to figure out how to use it effectively. For all we know, their next game could be a new IP that has awesome VR capabilities using what they learned with this.

The fact of the matter is, with VR, the industry is changing and it becomes more than a gimmick, and truly reaches its potential, everyone is going to want a piece of the pie, and this is just Rocksteady's experiment with something new but familiar. But that's not to say that they're also not working on something else.

They've done 3 Arkham games in a row. Maybe they are tired and burnt out from doing that at this point. This VR project is a chance to actually do something different with the IP instead of more of the same. There have been alot of Arkham stuff since this series started. Its time to give it a break for a while and I welcome Rocksteady finally letting go and moving onto something completely new. They've earned it

True, looking at Knight...it feels a bit like they were running out of steam.
But i said it before, with knight they had finally the perfect base for a open world Batman game.
It would be a shame to let this assets lie around and get old.

They finished the arkham franchise...a franchise that was bound to the arkham name.
With it finished, they have the chance to start a complete new universe...one that is not locked in that Arkham pattern.

They surely deserve to spread their wings, doesnt mean i need to like it.:woot:
Im a bit selfish there and want 2 Origins and Arkham games every year...that wont happen, but i just love the games so much.

That is why i hope that this Batman VR ignites their passion again and they start creating a new franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"