Batman: Arkham Knight

I think the problem for most players on any game is that they tend to do the main missions one after the other and leave all else for post game.

I never do. I complete the side missions, all collectibles, puzzles, all of the side stuff before I finish the last task. The experience feels better to me and that's probably why the tank battles didn't feel as repetitive and tiresome to me when I played it for the first time. I actually had a lot of fun.

My complaints for this game were always with the "boss battles".

Same, I do a main mission, then a few side ones before going back to a main. I did that with MGSV and absolutely loved it. Currently doing it with Arkham Knight and loving the game so far.

Well I have finished everything except the Riddler trophy’s/puzzles. I have done about 60 of them but not sure I am going to the rest as I still have a sizeable backlog. But overall I found this game incredible, the best in trilogy for me just slightly above Asylum. I still never got bored of the batmobile, and loved every side mission I completed.

I love the Riddler riddles, puzzles & trophies from all the Arkham games.

One of the few series of games that actually does post-main story collectables well IMO.

I love the Riddler riddles, puzzles & trophies from all the Arkham games.

One of the few series of games that actually does post-main story collectables well IMO.

I didn't mind them in Asylum and got them all. City and Knight just had/have too many for me though, especially when I have a sizeable backlog to get through. Have loved Knight overall and done som of the Riddler puzzles along the way. But I don't want to spend hours collecting them all.

Reactions: B
I didn't mind them in Asylum and got them all. City and Knight just had/have too many for me though, especially when I have a sizeable backlog to get through. Have loved Knight overall and done som of the Riddler puzzles along the way. But I don't want to spend hours collecting them all.

I think I've done them all in every game with the exception of maybe Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman, I believe they have separate Riddler related collectables in at least 1 of the Arkham games if not more.

I usually do them as I come across them, I've never been 1 for just blasting through the main story of games, I usually get distracted by various side quests & collectables if I take a notion for them.

Is this game basically PlayAvengers or Anthem with Batman characters? An online co-op game?

I think I've done them all in every game with the exception of maybe Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman, I believe they have separate Riddler related collectables in at least 1 of the Arkham games if not more.

I usually do them as I come across them, I've never been 1 for just blasting through the main story of games, I usually get distracted by various side quests & collectables if I take a notion for them.

I tend to play the same, I always follow a story mission with a side one and in the main loved the side missions Knight. There are just too many Riddler things for me.

Reactions: B
I did love doing all the Riddler stuff in every game, but by AK it got to be over-board. I still completed it but collecting the Riddler stuff isn't as fun that time around.
Is this game basically PlayAvengers or Anthem with Batman characters? An online co-op game?

The Arkham games 100% single player. The only exception is Origins which has multiplayer as a side thing, otherwise all Arkham games are single-player driven.

I did love doing all the Riddler stuff in every game, but by AK it got to be over-board. I still completed it but collecting the Riddler stuff isn't as fun that time around.

The Arkham games 100% single player. The only exception is Origins which has multiplayer as a side thing, otherwise all Arkham games are single-player driven.

Is this an Arkham game though? It seems like a completely different universe with a completely different setting. So is this a single player RPG with an adventuring party of characters working together?

Is this an Arkham game though? It seems like a completely different universe with a completely different setting. So is this a single player RPG with an adventuring party of characters working together?

Sorry, you're talking about Gotham Knights? It looks to be a soft reboot of this series with more RPG and multiplayer elements, yeah. But from what I understand you can still play through it's story single-player.

Sorry, you're talking about Gotham Knights? It looks to be a soft reboot of this series with more RPG and multiplayer elements, yeah. But from what I understand you can still play through it's story single-player.

My apologies for not reading the title of the thread correctly.

Warner Bros. Games is at E3 2021 do you guys think they will announce an Arkham Knight PS5 remaster or finally an Arkham Origins PS4 Remaster. I already own the three main Rocksteady games on PS4 but I would love an Origins remaster. So it would be cool if they announced one or both of them at E3 this year.

Warner Bros. Games is at E3 2021 do you guys think they will announce an Arkham Knight PS5 remaster or finally an Arkham Origins PS4 Remaster. I already own the three main Rocksteady games on PS4 but I would love an Origins remaster. So it would be cool if they announced one or both of them at E3 this year.
I don't think they will.

I would love a game with Pengy as the main villain.

Give me another VR Batman, but a longer detective story with Batmobile/Batwing segments.

Having replayed this recently, it got me thinking and the more I think about it, I think Deathstroke wasn't originally gonna be in it and initially his "boss" battle was gonna be the Militia commander that yells at you during the tank encounters. I mean he was there throughout near the entire game and just vanishes. Fighting him in a tank would have made far more sense than Slade since he was the tank guy.

I think after Origins was released someone at either WB or Rocksteady realized how popular Deathstroke was and decided to include him in Knight and instead of giving him a full side mission or making a more proper boss battle for him, they decided for the cheaper and less resources heavy solution of taking another character out and putting Slade in his place.

That is not a bad theory at all imo. There really isn't anything about the his boss battle that is identifiably Deathstroke.

If only this was legit!

Why am i seeing this only now?
The Penguin is a bit much...but damn does this look cool.
If only we could get something like this.
Instead we have WBM sit on the Arkham foundation and not doing anything with it sadly(Gotham Knights doesnt look to me like it uses much of that foundation).

Having replayed this recently, it got me thinking and the more I think about it, I think Deathstroke wasn't originally gonna be in it and initially his "boss" battle was gonna be the Militia commander that yells at you during the tank encounters. I mean he was there throughout near the entire game and just vanishes. Fighting him in a tank would have made far more sense than Slade since he was the tank guy.

I think after Origins was released someone at either WB or Rocksteady realized how popular Deathstroke was and decided to include him in Knight and instead of giving him a full side mission or making a more proper boss battle for him, they decided for the cheaper and less resources heavy solution of taking another character out and putting Slade in his place.

Clearly yeah.
Deathstroke wasnt meant to be in this game, im sure of it.
The story of the Arkham Knight development seems a interesting too when you look at that or what they did with hush story they teased in City.
Or that one of the trailers had this scene with all the villians sitting in one room together that wasnt used at all.

Things seemed to have gone quite different than planned, some stuff feels like they had to do last minute changes and i would have loved to get more behind the scenes stuff on Arkham Knight.

Replaying this, and I think I figured out why the Batmobile stuff feels overwhelming and tedious. Its mostly the "combat" and "predator" sections with the Arkham Knight drones. Its just an extension of what you do in the game already as Batman, so it comes off as repetitive.

I wonder if they hadn't had those things and focused more on high speed chases or something, that the Batmobile sections would be better regarded.

I still think that part of the reason for the extensive focus on the Batmobile was Rocksteady trolling everyone for the group of fans whining about the Batmobile not being operational in Asylum and City (and Origins by extension even though it wasn't Rocksteady).

I played the hell out of Arkham Asylum, City, and Origins and just got a PS5 recently, so I got Arkham Knight. It has a lot going for it, but I think this is easily the worst game, mostly due to the Batmobile. It just doesn’t feel as fun as the other games for whatever reason. It doesn’t help that I got Spider-Man a week before I got AK.

I played the hell out of Arkham Asylum, City, and Origins and just got a PS5 recently, so I got Arkham Knight. It has a lot going for it, but I think this is easily the worst game, mostly due to the Batmobile. It just doesn’t feel as fun as the other games for whatever reason. It doesn’t help that I got Spider-Man a week before I got AK.
Nice on getting a PS5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"