Batman Autographs?

Nice collection Shadow, I met once Mr. West he's crazy.

Some of those like the Kilmer (looks like an older one but yet some things are off), Keaton, and Clooney must be older or perhaps even fakes, because I've never seem them sign like that before. Did you get them in person? Otherwise I would question the source.

Keaton I met in person years ago in Pittsburgh. I worked with his cousin at the time.

Kilmer was obtained for me by a friend who is an autograph colector. He met him in Chicago at some theatre event.

Clooneys was obtained at the WB Studio store, so Im pretty sure thats legit. Each of the stars autographed so many of these posters and some were sold during the 3 day QVC special while the remainder were distributed to the studio stores.

Also, alot of stars sign their names differently at times. Ive met Adam West twice and I have 2 different signatures from him.

I was fortunate to get an autograph from Christopher Nolan, Aaron Eckhart, and Colin McFarlane who played Commissioner Loeb at the London premier.

I actually have Nolans wife to thank for his autograph as he missed our section of the crowd and she took our pictures over to be signed.

I wanted to get Bale but he was not in the mood after all the trouble he had with the police just before hand.

Here is a pic.

Nolans is top right, Eckhart is over 'The', and you can see McFarlane in the middle.

fff005.jpg

I always thought that that poster was the best one they ever came up with for TDK.

Keaton I met in person years ago in Pittsburgh. I worked with his cousin at the time.

Kilmer was obtained for me by a friend who is an autograph colector. He met him in Chicago at some theatre event.

Clooneys was obtained at the WB Studio store, so Im pretty sure thats legit. Each of the stars autographed so many of these posters and some were sold during the 3 day QVC special while the remainder were distributed to the studio stores.

Also, alot of stars sign their names differently at times. Ive met Adam West twice and I have 2 different signatures from him.

Well, reason I say...I bought a fake Michael Keaton, suspected to be fake. i bought it from a guy who ran the comic con circuit thinking, they would check his background etc, nope. I got it and sent scans to my autograph contacts and they all said it looked faked, everything just didn't feel right...and the sig looks exactly like that one you have.

Here's a legit one for comparison:

o_nhF9jbUbOKIhL5b.jpg

And here's yours:

PICT0003-2.jpg

Not saying it's not real, just looking out fer ya, and saying it looks a little fishy.

The 'M" is all wrong, the i isn't dotted, and 'K' is made the wrong way, and the 'ton' in Keaton looks totally different. That one you have looks like the exact one I had sig wise.

Shadow said he met Keaton personally and yet you still try to convince him the autograph is a fake?

I'm not sure how much more "legit" you can get then actually MEETING the person.

Like SHADOWBAT said, actors sign different all the time and gave an example. Same example as me in fact. Look at my 2 Adam West signatures..both are his and both are different.

Oh and btw, if there is one bat-collector you can be sure of on these bat boards its SHADOWBAT69. Trust me ;)

Shadow said he met Keaton personally and yet you still try to convince him the autograph is a fake?

I'm not sure how much more "legit" you can get then actually MEETING the person.

Like SHADOWBAT said, actors sign different all the time and gave an example. Same example as me in fact. Look at my 2 Adam West signatures..both are his and both are different.

Oh and btw, if there is one bat-collector you can be sure of on these bat boards its SHADOWBAT69. Trust me ;)

Hey man, I'm just saying it doesn't look like his signature. Here's the fake I bought and sent back:

photocd3.jpg

I realize signatures change over time and I stated this earlier in the thread, but Keaton's has remained largely unchanged. I sent it back and got my money back.

Last edited:
I dont see too much of a difference between the Desperate measures auto. and shadow auto. They look pretty damn close, especially if Keaton was just signing in a hurry or something, I dont know. But I will say, shadows admitted to not meeting everyone hes had signatures from, so i dont think hed lie about meeting Keaton or not. He said he met him, and Im pretty sure at one point he told the story here on the hype, so Im sure he did. Hell, even my signatures look different sometimes, and Ive been signing my name for 27 years!

No one else collects, really?

I collect autographs from all kinds of celebs (have them from around 80 different celebs so far) not just Batman. From Batman I have Adam west, Julie Newmar, and Yvonne Craig.

And I only collect the autographs I get personally at conventions.

I dont see too much of a difference between the Desperate measures auto. and shadow auto. They look pretty damn close, especially if Keaton was just signing in a hurry or something, I dont know. But I will say, shadows admitted to not meeting everyone hes had signatures from, so i dont think hed lie about meeting Keaton or not. He said he met him, and Im pretty sure at one point he told the story here on the hype, so Im sure he did. Hell, even my signatures look different sometimes, and Ive been signing my name for 27 years!

To the average un-informed viewer yes it may look like it. But not to people who see these everyday, and study them. And I was the one that said signatures vary on a lot of factors. My intent was never to call ShadowBat a liar, it was a fellow Bat autograph collector looking out for another.

If you took it another way, then you are wrong. And you guys don't need to turn some chatter between two autograph collectors into a torch and pitchfork affair. If you got nothing to share them stop adding negativity to the thread.

My intent was never to call ShadowBat a liar, it was a fellow Bat autograph collector looking out for another.

AFTER he tells you he met Keaton in person :whatever:.

AFTER he tells you he met Keaton in person :whatever:.

So, I can tell you he's my uncle. That doesn't change anything and it's besides the fact. It's a conversation between me and Shadowbat and you keep butting in with your three cents trying to make me look like some bad guy here? Please.

After all my years collecting Batman autographs, I still think it's a questionable autograph. Now whether you want to believe me or keep trolling is up to you. But your personal grudge and constant sarcastic remarks to me just because you didn't like the fact that I didn't like a trailer you enjoy is getting rather old.

So do us both a favor and please find a new hobby or something.

So, I can tell you he's my uncle. That doesn't change anything and it's besides the fact.

It does because SB is one the most respected collectors of Bat-merch on these boards and if the dude says he met him, its a VERY safe bet he is telling the truth.

It's a conversation between me and Shadowbat and you keep butting in with your three cents trying to make me look like some bad guy here? Please.

Actually its a discussion between you and the whole board. It being in a thread and not via PM and all. Im not making you look like the bad guy at all I'm just stating the obviouse.

After all my years collecting Batman autographs, I still think it's a questionable autograph.

Fine and you said your piece, wrong as it may be, so go on with the discussion. Why keep hacking that its a "fake"?

Now whether you want to believe me or keep trolling is up to you. But your personal grudge and constant sarcastic remarks to me just because you didn't like the fact that I didn't like a trailer you enjoy is getting rather old.

Im not trolling at all and in fact, you seem to be the one who is trolling all over boards. There is no personal grudge and I'm not sure where you get this. It sure isn't because you didn't like a trailer or whatever you have in your mind, these are two different topics and I treat them as such.

How did you manage to get that autograph?

When they showed the prologue in NYC, it was me and a few friends who saw him, no one else recognized him lol

Nope nope nope...I don't believe that you actually met him despite having an autograph from him and saying you did so.

Originally Posted by VRICH
When they showed the prologue in NYC, it was me and a few friends who saw him, no one else recognized him lol

Sweet deal

Nice set up

lol you haven't been reading the thread. very cool though.

Well clearly that was photoshoped :oldrazz: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"