Are Movie Masters the best movie toys out this summer?

mikey1974

Hit Paydirt With KDRT!
Reaction score
just something i was thinking about...we got toys from all the major movies out this summer: Iron Man,Indiana Jones,Prince Caspian,Incredible Hulk,Wall-E, Kung-Fu Panda,Hellboy II , Clone Wars.....and i've bought something from each of them,for several the whole line....but i honestly think that Movie Masters was the best line made this year...i like the Hellboy stuff

000_0295.jpg

and IM comes real close (those were damn nice!)

000_0296.jpg

but i look on my MM collection with a sense of awe and satisfaction...i mean,they finally made collector's Batman movie figures,and did a great job,too!

000_0259.jpg

i was just wondering what everyone else thought...were these the high-point of movie collecting toys,or was there something better?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Where did you get that Two-Face?

Your Iron Man collection is impressive. Honestly, Movie Masters are extremely cool, but my favorite line has to be the Indiana Jones line. :indy:

ironman figures were awsome...but im just more into batman, so the MM stuff is my favorite.

I like how you label the shelves. Good idea!

The MMs are pretty great. Scarecrow and Begins Batman are my two favorites, actually. I'll always be a little dissapointed with the Joker's face, and the TDK Batman is a little bulky (he should be leaner than the Begins' sculpt, but it's the other way around!).

The Iron Man figures rule. I couldn't find a War Machine around here. :o I need Titanium Man, too.

My 2 favorite figures of the summer are the 12 inch Bruce as Batman and the DC Direct 13 inch Joker. :woot:

There's really no variety to the Iron Man-stuff, but those Hellboy Figures look cool, I'm sticking to Batman, though.

i say that the MM are the best thing out this YEAR because it's put the fun/frustration back in toy collecting for me. i was going through quite a stale period for over a year until MM came along. now i'm always excited at the prospect of what i might find at target, wal mart, toys r us, etc. it's been fun.

I gotta admit I was mighty impressed with the Indiana Jones toys. I mean, they had figures for (what felt like) every well known character in the 4 films. I guess them bein' so small (while still bein' detailed) they were able to really make more than just 2 or 3 characters a line *cough* movie masters *cough*....heck, they still have yet to release Temple of Doom and Last Crusade figures! Short Round toy, here I come! They also had tons of cool vehicles and playsets. Just lookin' in the aisle one could tell they threw a lot of money into the license.

I've definitely gotta go with Movie Masters...and even with the 5 inch DK line. I haven't collected this ferociously since...well since Ghost Rider came out, and I ended up with the entire collection of that line. Another great thing about the entire DK toy line is we know there's more coming. It's going to be awesome all over again here in a few months. Just imagine when the dvd comes out. The line will get another push. Amazing really. :yay:

They could have been great, if they were available world wide!

that sucks cobblepot. no wonder i haven't seen you post in this thread.

I love the Movie Masters, but the only way I can get them is if I go to America for a trip. I only have 4 MM :(

Nice DK collection you got there. Ya I just picked up my Joker like 2 days or so ago. So now I have TDK Batman and TDK Joker.

yea these are the only figures I grabbed this summer due to financial issues and the fact that they were freaking based off the Dark Knight!

I would've loved to have grabbed some Iron Man, Hellboy II and definitely some Indy figures, still will eventually! There's no way I'm letting the first Indiana Jones toyline in a LONG time go completely ignored.

They could have been great, if they were available world wide!

KEEERRRRRISTE do I agree with that statement! For all of the absolute ******** that Mattel and ******ed asswipe scalpers have put everyone through the line has been a tad 'soured' for me to be honest and any time I hear or see anything about these figures it's bitter sweet to be honest....

...that being said I managed to pick up Batman Begins suit Batman, Dark Knight suit Batman, Scarecrow and the Joker so far (although my ****ing Joker's head snapped off...SOOO pissed! But I have a few coming my way courtesy of eBay! :D) and they are works of art. I think there could obviously be improvements but think of it this way...finally, FINALLY we get 6-inch movie stylized Batman action figures (wish Joker had arm swivels and these figures came with movie accurate accessories as well as those dinky 'Evidence Bags to be honest..but whatever) and despite a few nit picks (the aforementioned lack of swivel joints on Joker, no multiple Clown masks on Gotham City Thug, no cloth cape on the Batman figures, no Two Face yet, Begins Batman being a bit of a shrimp compared to Dark Knight Batman) they are friggin' awesome...both Batman films they are based off are awesome so they make me love the figures even more.

They are finally in a great scale and actually LOOK like the movie and are articulated well enough...so I'm...yeah...I'm in love with this line LoL!

Also some verrrry awesome movie based action figures are Iron Man movie toys (sucks there was a lack of figures like Tony Stark in suit or Obidiah Stane or Terrorist Thug, that'd be cool) Hellboy II toys are awesome (except the ankle joints on these figures...especially the evil Prince....friggin' BRUTAL MAN!)....

....but one line has stolen my heart this summer....and that is "Indiana Jones" my friends....friggin' UNREAL how fun these action figures, deluxe figures, and vehicles are. Hasbro did a fantastic job! Some of the paint jobs piss me off to no end but overall a beautiful line!

I thought the Iron Man figs were pretty good
(lol Its Venom in Hellboy!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"