• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman Begins vs Man of Steel vs Wonder Woman

That's questionable, it has a 7.1 rating on IMDb and that's decent for that site.

7.1 is the cutoff, you see. It must be 7.2 in order to be considered a fine film worthy of everyone's time and attention.

For example, Iron Man 3 is rated 7.2. It must be a worthwhile film. Man of Steel is rated 7.1, therefore it must not be very good.

:woot:

I'm watching Man of Steel right now. I freaking love this movie, it's perfection to me (or close to it anyway). One thing I notice more everytime is how good the shots in space look of the Moon, the Earth etc. Absolutely flawless.

Last edited:
Man of Steel always felt like that really well shot commercial where you try to find out what the hell they were selling and when you do find out, it wasn't remotely related.

I'm watching Man of Steel right now. I freaking love this movie, it's perfection to me (or close to it anyway). One thing I notice more everytime is how good the shots in space look of the Moon, the Earth etc. Absolutely flawless.

Oh, yes. The cinematography is excellent. It left The Avengers in its dust.

Batman Begins is the undisputed champion.

I actually really like both Man of Steel and Wonder Woman so it's a coin toss.

Man of Steel always felt like that really well shot commercial where you try to find out what the hell they were selling and when you do find out, it wasn't remotely related.

Very accurate analogy.

Oh, yes. The cinematography is excellent. It left The Avengers in its dust.

Easily! Spot on :up:

It's just a brilliant film! Undoubtedly has the best score of the three too.

Last edited:
That's questionable, it has a 7.1 rating on IMDb and that's decent for that site.

You are mixing in whether the movie was any good with whether the character was any good.

Yes. It was a reasonably well made movie about some new character in a cape that they were introducing into the DCEU. But they never got around to introducing Superman into the movie.
And still hadn't by the time Superman v Batman hit the screen. Maybe finally they will introduce Superman into the DCEU in Justice League.

Yeah because:

- saving a load of oil workers or a bus full of kids both while risking his secret. These and other moments show he's willing to risk his secret to help people.
- Warning the people of Smallville to get inside because it isn't safe.
- Saving a soldier falling from the sky mid battle then asking him if he's OK. Along with saving other soldiers during the same battle.
- saving the world from a giant machine that's going to destroy transform the entire world along with the Kryptonian invasion
- Saving Lois Lane multiple times.

Isn't Superman :whatever:

Last edited:
Batman Begins is my favorite out of the three. It's one of my favorite CBM of all.

You are mixing in whether the movie was any good with whether the character was any good.

Yes. It was a reasonably well made movie about some new character in a cape that they were introducing into the DCEU. But they never got around to introducing Superman into the movie.
And still hadn't by the time Superman v Batman hit the screen. Maybe finally they will introduce Superman into the DCEU in Justice League.
Pretty sure you said the movie stunk, not the character, and insulted the opinions of everyone who likes the movie more than WW and BB.

What?! I've been had! I want a refund. Bring back Routh!

:whatever:

Little did you know that Man of Steel was actually about

tin-man.jpg

Yeah because:

- saving a load of oil workers or a bus full of kids both while risking his secret. These and other moments show he's willing to risk his secret to help people.
- Warning the people of Smallville to get inside because it isn't safe.
- Saving a soldier falling from the sky mid battle then asking him if he's OK. Along with saving other soldiers during the same battle.
- saving the world from a giant machine that's going to destroy transform the entire world along with the Kryptonian invasion
- Saving Lois Lane multiple times.

Isn't Superman :whatever:

:whatever: Every superhero film ever made has the hero saving a lot of people. Just because he saved a lot of people doesn't make him Superman. It's the attitude that makes him Superman.
Frankly Captain America in the movies was more the real Superman character than Snyder-man was. Wonder Woman too. If you want to see what Superman was supposed to be like,
go watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier or the Wonder Woman movie. Or even watch season 2, episodes 1 & 2 of the Supergirl TV show.

I enjoy Man of Steel to this day but the film doesn't show us a Superman that is charming and is willing to take a few minutes to actually speak with the people that he saves. That kind of thing goes a *long* way. In BvS, we didn't get any of that either. He was just sad the whole time.

:whatever: Every superhero film ever made has the hero saving a lot of people. Just because he saved a lot of people doesn't make him Superman. It's the attitude that makes him Superman.
Frankly Captain America in the movies was more the real Superman character than Snyder-man was. Wonder Woman too. If you want to see what Superman was supposed to be like,
go watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier or the Wonder Woman movie. Or even watch season 2, episodes 1 & 2 of the Supergirl TV show.

Yeah cause the saving part wss all my points :whatever:

No thanks I'll just watch Man of Steel and BvS to see Superman. Just because he's not smiling every three seconds and has everything figured out the moment he steps out of the Fortress of Solitude doesn't make him not Superman! Superman is allowed to be conflicted he has been in serval mediums before, comics: Byrne's MOS, Birthright, Earth One, Kingdom Come etc. Animation, STAS, JLU, Live action: Superman the Movie, Superman II, Smallville etc.

Also in the Cap movies you see Captain America Steve Rogers not Superman. Wonder Woman you see Diana/Wonder Woman not Superman.

I enjoy Man of Steel to this day but the film doesn't show us a Superman that is charming and is willing to take a few minutes to actually speak with the people that he saves. That kind of thing goes a *long* way. In BvS, we didn't get any of that either. He was just sad the whole time.

Precisely. Where is the hope, the optimism, the joy that Superman is supposed to inspire in people? Superman is supposed to be someone people strive to be, not someone that terrifies them.

Also in the Cap movies you see Captain America Steve Rogers not Superman. Wonder Woman you see Diana/Wonder Woman not Superman.

And in MoS and BvS you see Snyder-man, not Superman.

So he's supposed to stop and speak to people while the world is been destroyed? He also can't be expected to do this before he has the suit because he is trying to hide his powers and find his place in the world. When he and the suit did you miss the scene when he asked the soldier if he was ok? Did you miss the scene where he talks to Lois after rescuing her from the ship? Did you miss the scene where he thanks the Colonel after he's told "this man is not our enemy?". This isn't Chris Reeve's Superman, it's not George Reeve's Superman, etc. The sooner people accept that the better, not every intepretation is the same. It doesn't make one any less valid than the other,

And in MoS and BvS you see Snyder-man, not Superman.

:funny:

Honestly it's not even worth it. You have come back with nothing valid to dispute that the character isn't Superman bar you're own petty narrow mindedness.

So he's supposed to stop and speak to people while the world is been destroyed? He also can't be expected to do this before he has the suit because he is trying to hide his powers and find his place in the world. When he and the suit did you miss the scene when he asked the soldier if he was ok? Did you miss the scene where he talks to Lois after rescuing her from the ship? Did you miss the scene where he thanks the Colonel after he's told "this man is not our enemy?". This isn't Chris Reeve's Superman, it's not George Reeve's Superman, etc. The sooner people accept that the better, not every intepretation is the same. It doesn't make one any less valid than the other,

And exactly why are we supposed to accept it? I doubt even Warner Bros. accepts it anymore, from the way Geoff Johns has been talking every since he took over as president of DC Films.

And exactly why are we supposed to accept it? I doubt even Warner Bros. accepts it anymore, from the way Geoff Johns has been talking every since he took over as president of DC Films.

You don't have to like it but don't spit crap like it's not Superman because it's nit what you wanted. That's all you're doing, you have no valid argument against the fact that the character displayed is still Superman. I'm talking about accoeting the fact that you there are many different versions of Superman, just because you don't like that he isn't cracking smiles or stopping to talk to people doesn't make him not Superman!

I'm not asking for him to stop in the middle of saving the world. He had some time after the Smallville fight to ask a few of the civilians how they were doing but instead he just flies away after literally saying only *three words* to the colonel. He doesn't have to be Christopher Reeve Superman in order to be personal and friendly. Can't Superman just be more like his comic book version?

I'm not asking for him to stop in the middle of saving the world. He had some time after the Smallville fight to ask a few of the civilians how they were doing but instead he just flies away after literally saying only *three words* to the colonel. He doesn't have to be Christopher Reeve Superman in order to be personal and friendly. Can't Superman just be more like his comic book version?

Which comic version? There's so many different intepretations. They're all valid, same as this one is. I also pointed out a few moments to you where he did exactly what you asked for.

So you like others are expecting him to be like the Chris Reeve Superman right out of the gate. What you're arguing is personal taste rather than necessity. Which is fine btw to want. It just doesn't make this version of Superman not Superman because it's not like another version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"