Batman Begins Batman Begins with fresh eyes

JTStarkiller

Sidekick
Reaction score
When I bought the DVD in October, I had already seen the movie six times, but that first viewing on video felt a little bit like the screening at midnight on June 14, 2005.

I went over to my girlfriend's house, and we started watching the DVD (she saw it once with me during my six screening run). Her sister came in the door and asked us to start the movie over so she could see it (we were only about 20 minutes in).

Where I'm going with this is that she is essentially uninformed when it comes to Batman mythology, so it was almost like seeing the movie with fresh eyes. She would periodically ask questions either about what was going on in the film, or about Batman history in general. Not to mention, it was just great to hear and see her reactions.

One specific moment is when the Waynes are murdered in Crime Alley. She let out a loud gasp, followed by a deep sigh for Bruce. I looked at her, surprised. "Wow, I thought everyone knew the story of Batman," I said. :)

My question is, do any of you have any nice and/or funny stories about seeing the movie with someone who hasn't before, or who knows very little about Batman or comics?

After seeing the movie over ten times, it can be a refreshing experience. :batman:

Well, there's plenty of people who aren't superhero fans and ignore the origins we know so well.

Heh, I had a similar expierence when I held a major get-together at my house and it was just last December, so not EVERYONE had seen it.
My best friend Steve, though a Batman fan by name, doesn't really know much about Batman, and had only seen Batman And Robin previously.
It goes without saying that he was amazed.
When Batman first appears at the docks, Steve just started saying out loud,
"YEAH! Go Bruce! Man this guy kicks butt!"
When Batman hangs upside down next to the thug who yells out "Where are you!?!?"
Steve literally jumped back as soon as he heard the reply.
"Here."
He later told me he had goose-bumps through that entire scene just because it was so much like a horror movie, you never knew where Batman would pop up next.

Dark Guardian said:
Heh, I had a similar expierence when I held a major get-together at my house and it was just last December, so not EVERYONE had seen it.
My best friend Steve, though a Batman fan by name, doesn't really know much about Batman, and had only seen Batman And Robin previously.
It goes without saying that he was amazed.
When Batman first appears at the docks, Steve just started saying out loud,
"YEAH! Go Bruce! Man this guy kicks butt!"
When Batman hangs upside down next to the thug who yells out "Where are you!?!?"
Steve literally jumped back as soon as he heard the reply.
"Here."
He later told me he had goose-bumps through that entire scene just because it was so much like a horror movie, you never knew where Batman would pop up next.
thats why i loved the dock scene so much. it was handle just like any other horror/thriller movie and it gave everyone a new perspective on the character.

god i love that movie.

JTStarkiller said:
When I bought the DVD in October, I had already seen the movie six times, but that first viewing on video felt a little bit like the screening at midnight on June 14, 2005.

I went over to my girlfriend's house, and we started watching the DVD (she saw it once with me during my six screening run). Her sister came in the door and asked us to start the movie over so she could see it (we were only about 20 minutes in).

Where I'm going with this is that she is essentially uninformed when it comes to Batman mythology, so it was almost like seeing the movie with fresh eyes. She would periodically ask questions either about what was going on in the film, or about Batman history in general. Not to mention, it was just great to hear and see her reactions.

One specific moment is when the Waynes are murdered in Crime Alley. She let out a loud gasp, followed by a deep sigh for Bruce. I looked at her, surprised. "Wow, I thought everyone knew the story of Batman," I said. :)

My question is, do any of you have any nice and/or funny stories about seeing the movie with someone who hasn't before, or who knows very little about Batman or comics?

After seeing the movie over ten times, it can be a refreshing experience. :batman:

I like you just love watching movies (especially batman movies) where you are watching with somebody who isn't too knowledgable about the movie and they like to ask questions about them. I'm not sure why but I love informing them of how Bruce got to where he was in the beginning of the movie and why Ra's is burning down his house ETC.

My friend (who knows nothing about Batman) saw it in the theater with me and said the scarecrow was stupid. I laughed.

i've shared similar experiences to you guys, and i always get a kick out of explaining stuff to Bat-newbies. i like it. it makes me feel smart. ;D

indy83 said:
I like you just love watching movies (especially batman movies) where you are watching with somebody who isn't too knowledgable about the movie and they like to ask questions about them. I'm not sure why but I love informing them of how Bruce got to where he was in the beginning of the movie and why Ra's is burning down his house ETC.

I definitely agree.

Great stories, everyone. It's just what I was looking for.

i honestly didn't want to see it for the longest time, so the first time i saw it was after it was released on DVD. ever since then i have forced my mom and friends to watch it NUMEROUS times. everytime i see it with anyone else it's like a fresh outlook. it seems that no one i know knows anything about Batman except what they remember from Burton and Schumacher movies... nipples.

When I went to see BB again in theatre with my friend, I was trying to explain first flashbacks the whole movie to my friend, who later didn't like it.

So I was gonna kill him :mad:

I had taken my son who was 7 at the time to see Revenge of the Sith with me. He talked non-stop through the movie and I had to go back again by myself to actually hear the dialog.

When Batman Begins started I took him with me again. He didn't mutter a sound through the movie. Everytime I looked over at him he seemed mezmerized by the film. I actually got to hear it.

Hah, your kid has good taste.:up:

Batty Belfry said:
I had taken my son who was 7 at the time to see Revenge of the Sith with me. He talked non-stop through the movie and I had to go back again by myself to actually hear the dialog.

When Batman Begins started I took him with me again. He didn't mutter a sound through the movie. Everytime I looked over at him he seemed mezmerized by the film. I actually got to hear it.

That's great. :up: :)

JTStarkiller said:
That's great. :up: :)

Thanks! Yeah we had a great time, and now he's a total bat-geek. :up:

I can't count how many times we've watched the dvd.

I can't wait to have kids. I'm gonna turn em all into geeks as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"