Batman cartoon HBO rumor?

echostation

Superhero
Reaction score
I had heard of rumors and some friends mentioning this rumor before but couldn't find any info on it, can anyone else confirm or debunk this:

I heard that HBO much like with Spawn were planning to do a hyperviolent dark R-rated animated Batman cartoon mini-series based on Knightfall I believe? As in the rise of Bane and how Batman gets his ass kicked by him after without having slept for so long, then Azrael comes, takes over, acts like a madman with the latter three episodes focusing on Azrael's increasing lunacy, the return of Bane for revenge, Nightwing's failure to stop Azraelthen eventually Batman nailing not only Azrael but Bane as well and resuming to fight for justice in Gotham.

Apparantly it was planned for a few years after Spawn's run on HBO but it never took off or it was just planned and nothing more.

Last but not least, was it also true that Killer Zsas (sp?) was going to be voiced by Keifer Sutherland for this planned show?

It sounds like a very neat idea but they could easily screw it up.

echostation said:
I heard that HBO much like with Spawn were planning to do a hyperviolent dark R-rated animated Batman cartoon mini-series
This would be totally awesome! :up:

That would be awesome, but unlikely. I doubt WB would want a R-rated Batman show interferring with their (relativly) kid-friendly PG-13 Batman movie franchise.

Yeah, they're going to make a PG13 movie but an R rated Cartoon....

It ain't happenin'

Fledermaus said:
That would be awesome, but unlikely. I doubt WB would want a R-rated Batman show interferring with their (relativly) kid-friendly PG-13 Batman movie franchise.

Yea.

Hopefully they'll do something like that but I havent heard anything about it.

That would be great, but I don't think it would happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"