Batman: Earth One

I like how he's complaining in a thread where we talk about a Bruce Wayne comic where he is againts the Riddler. Ah trolls. :)

"And if there is one word that might sum up our version of Batman it’d be grounded"

"you’ll see the Joker, but the first well-known villain we’ll be focusing on early in the BATMAN: EARTH ONE graphic novel series is the Riddler."

and no sir, im not a troll, im merely making a joke of a new book that seems like one of those dorky comic book versions of batman movies a la batman forever or batman and robin (clooney) that you see on stands when the movie is in theatres. only this one is for nolan fans, who have some desperate need to see batman in hyper realism mode where everything is explained "logically". it just seems like bad fan fic having alfred be some juiced up S.A.S. the odd design of the batsuit and the gritty realism this series will undoubtedly promote. there seems little need for this series other than to capitalize on nolan world fans, especially when you consider how good the comic where dick and damien kick a frog in its face has been.

"And if there is one word that might sum up our version of Batman it’d be grounded"

"you’ll see the Joker, but the first well-known villain we’ll be focusing on early in the BATMAN: EARTH ONE graphic novel series is the Riddler."

and no sir, im not a troll, im merely making a joke of a new book that seems like one of those dorky comic book versions of batman movies a la batman forever or batman and robin (clooney) that you see on stands when the movie is in theatres. only this one is for nolan fans, who have some desperate need to see batman in hyper realism mode where everything is explained "logically". it just seems like bad fan fic having alfred be some juiced up S.A.S. the odd design of the batsuit and the gritty realism this series will undoubtedly promote. there seems little need for this series other than to capitalize on nolan world fans, especially when you consider how good the comic where dick and damien kick a frog in its face has been.

I'm sorry to say this... but you kinda have a point there. Afterall, that IS my biggest fear, that this graphic novel turns out to be nothing but just another 'wanna be nolan tie-in' that, you said it there, just 'capitalizes on the blinded fans of the new movie series'.

I'm still looking forward to it, kinda hoping that this story will be in the same vein as brian azzarellos batman work of late (broken city [aka. the most underrated batman comicbook, ever], joker), meaning that while it's gritty realistic, it's still deep and psychological relevent to the bat-mythos.

Besides that, I have yet to see a comicbook by Geoff Johns that I really like. Please, don't get me wrong, I have nothing but the biggest respects for this man and his die-hard work for the DC Universe. I love his enthusiasm. But there is just... something about his writing style... that I just can't get along with. Or, let's just say, he likes things that I don't really care about... and maybe vice versa. But, maybe Batman: Earth One will finally open my eyes. After all, he is writing the only superhero (and I don't even consider him a superhero) I like. Maybe it's going to be a marriage made in heaven? I'll see.

Last edited:
Geoff Johns is a huge lover for Silver Age and whatnot. I'äm sure sooner or later he will add some sidekicks. I mean the guy was suppose to write all-star Batgirl. Lets not forget that.

Yeah i never understand even regular bat comic book fans who just decided to stop reading Batman comics simply because Dick Grayson took the mantle. Batman and Robin is phenonimal and i will always recommend the GNs of it to new comic book fans.

azarello's "Joker" was the worst piece of trash i have read in the comic book medium in 5 years. i picked it up during one of my buying binge days without even so much as scanning it. that sack of trash and type hasn't moved from the shelf I sat it on since the 20 minutes it took me to read and discard it as fast as i possibly could. i mean it was horrible, just horrible. I had to google rob liefeld art images for 2 solid hours to rape my mind clean for reading it. that bad. I filed that one next to my movie to comic version of batman and robin. that said, i cant wait to see the how "wildly different" some of the characters are. Gordon's probably going to be half cyborg judging by the alfred pic. i bet the riddler will carry double drum-clip carbines and "riddle" his crimes with bullets, GET IT???? joker will probably BE SOOOO SERRRRIOUSS and have pitbulls and be black, i bet hes a black jamaican gangster. bane will be brock lesnar, and scarecrow will be 7 foot tall. killer croc will literally be an animal on the loose from the zoo. the day this drops will be a holiday

azarello's "Joker" was the worst piece of trash i have read in the comic book medium in 5 years. i picked it up during one of my buying binge days without even so much as scanning it. that sack of trash and type hasn't moved from the shelf I sat it on since the 20 minutes it took me to read and discard it as fast as i possibly could. i mean it was horrible, just horrible. I had to google rob liefeld art images for 2 solid hours to rape my mind clean for reading it. that bad. I filed that one next to my movie to comic version of batman and robin. that said, i cant wait to see the how "wildly different" some of the characters are. Gordon's probably going to be half cyborg judging by the alfred pic. i bet the riddler will carry double drum-clip carbines and "riddle" his crimes with bullets, GET IT???? joker will probably BE SOOOO SERRRRIOUSS and have pitbulls and be black, i bet hes a black jamaican gangster. bane will be brock lesnar, and scarecrow will be 7 foot tall. killer croc will literally be an animal on the loose from the zoo. the day this drops will be a holiday

Do you even know what your'e talking about or are you just rambling?

EARTHON.jpg

^does that look like something a man on a ramble could create?

If you're not going to add anything interesting to the board then leave and stop trolling. No one thinks you're funny.

oh quit, i have plenty of interesting things in the "post your favorite images of batman" thread. just having fun man, try not to blow one early, K?

He'll get himself banned sooner or later.

oh quit, i have plenty of interesting things in the "post your favorite images of batman" thread. just having fun man, try not to blow one early, K?
You've posted many pictures in that thread. As far as I know this is the first time you have actually written anything, and you're not coming off particularly well.

and all of a sudden, I feel deeply ashamed that I ever gave you any credit, what so ever.

I think this is gunna be amazing. I love johns work. I like his story telling ie the teen titans. I'm interested to see the story side of this comic will be. Him training to be batman, and another year 1 type thing. I read that they were goin to get more into his training before year one. That alone I think is reason to have a restart. And plus with marvels ultimate comics, we need to compete. Have our own new modern universe.

And I also think that we should stop givin this guy attention now. -.-

Eh i see alot pf people posting that and i'm going to say it was purely coincidental pretty much. I mean the movie Batman doesn't have undies either and yeah the yellow oval is the only main coincidence here. I'd call it a ripoff if Johns decides to make Gordon Black.

yah the re-hash on bruce wayne learning kung fu is going to be just great. definately should spend half the first novel showing mad pushups, pull ups and other Pai MEI type of KILL BILL stuff for good measure. maybe royce gracie could train him in a very intense montage, like MMA style brutality for the modern day mt.dew BRO, you know to make it more relevent and "grounded"!!! seriously though, as part of the time travel theme batman has these days, it would be neat to see him travel back to 1994 and find O.J. guilty thereby using his wicked detective skills to solve the crime of the century.

my point is this: the superman:earth one isnt about tom welling growing up in kansas, learning to fly and balance prom all while hiding his "secret". its about the choice to become a hero, the consequence and the aftermath. instead with Batman:earth one were getting YET ANOTHER, year one story that has been frigging DONE TO DEATH. LIKE LITERALLY TO DEATH. is it really neccesary to have another title devoted to Bruce wayne dramtically training to become batman, then, embarking shakily on his first mission in his war on crime, only to be faced with minimal failure and deterrence. how many times can we see him befriend a warry jim gordon, or a skeptical Bullock? is batman an urban legend? is he some kind of monster dracula??? I DUNNO??? this is a fanboy money laundering exploitation racket that will yield NOTHING MORE than a few wacky twists on tried and true characters, maybe a few forgettable new villians (cmon, you arent going to get lucky and reinvent the wheel like Harley twice) and a shocker "ROBIN earth one" after about the first year of publication.

Whats so wrong about DC tring to introduce new comic fans thru OGN? Yes for us mainstream comic fans it's been done to death, but think about the new fans.

I see what you did there. we'll just have to wait and see. but when it comes out and is a total piece of crap, even though i too will buy it just cause i "gotta catch em all" ill look in the mirror and say i told you so. then ill post here, and say " i told you so". its just capitalistic crap like azarello's joker (c'mon, lip scars, really????). if you liked that then, im sure you will like whatever they feed as "wildly different" in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"