Batman: Gotham After Midnight

Watson

Ninja delivery girl
Reaction score
9310_400x600.jpg

Written by Steve Niles; Art and Cover by Kelley Jones

"There are things that go 'bump' in the night. Be thankful that one of those things is on our side…"

When the full moon rises and casts its eerie glow over the land, the creatures of the night come out to hunt and feast and prey on the innocent citizens of Gotham City, and only one man stands in their way: The Batman.

These are the bizarre and frightening case files of the Dark Knight Detective, featuring grave-robbers, men making monsters, night terrors, and the debut of an all-new moonlight monster known only as Midnight.

In this fatal first issue by the creative team of Steve Niles (30 Days of Night SIMON DARK) and Kelley Jones (BATMAN: RED RAIN), Batman will come face-to-face with the Master of Fear himself — but just what is the Scarecrow after? And what does it have to do with the Axeman? Could it be some elaborate scheme to trap the Bat? Be here at the beginning — and beware!

Batman | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale May 28, 2008

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?s=31&cm=9310

I love 12-parters, ever since TLH (means a nice TPB at the end ;)). Thoughts?

People are probably going to complain about Kelley Jones, but I'm looking forward to it.

People are probably going to complain about Kelley Jones, but I'm looking forward to it.

Same. I really liked his art in Red Rain but felt it got progressively more cartoonish as Bloodstorm and Crimson Mist came out.

I'll definitely give this a shot.

His art looks a little to '90s but I cannot deny the awesomeness of that picture:bow:
\

I will check this out.

I love Kelley Jones! I'll be getting this as soon as it comes out in a trade format...so not for a very long time lol

I think so to. But it's a long wait till we acually get to see the first one, sadly.

I'll probably pick this up purely for Jones' art; but I couldn't stand Niles' writing in "30 Days of Night." So.

If the art was by anyone buy Jones, I would buy this in an instant. I love Niles work, but Jones makes my eyes hurt with his terrible faces, giant bat ears, and lack of knowledge of anatomy.

It will be done next may I'd assume, so some time in 2009.

I'll probably pick this up purely for Jones' art; but I couldn't stand Niles' writing in "30 Days of Night." So.

I'm with you on Niles' writing but he's improved since then. I'm really enjoying Simon Dark and he writes that.

As for the series itself, I'm a Batman nut. Heck, I'm a DC nut. However, I likes my Batman comics more like the Nolan-verse: grounded in reality. As realistic as a dude fighting crime as a bat is anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"