• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Batman live action TV series

I would like something on cable, maybe 10-12 episodes per season, and keep it cinematic like Battlestar Galactica or The Walking Dead or Dexter. Those three shows were shot so beautifully, you forgot it wasn't a movie. 10-12 episodes per year make it more clean and tight writing-wise, and it can focus on season-long arcs. Get a cheap cast and boom, you've got your Batman series. Do 3 or 4 seasons, giving us a total of almost 50 episodes over 4 years, and everybody moves on.

Kevin McKidd - Batman
Timothy Dalton - Alfred
Elias Koteas - Gordon
James Gandolfini - Bullock
Sigourney Weaver - Leslie Thompkins
Brad Dourif - Hamilton Hill
Rhona Mitra - Catwoman
Melinda Clarke - Poison Ivy

Utilize every villain in some way throughout the series. It's so simple, the **** writes itself.

If there were ever a live action Batman show, it would have to come on a channel like Fox, NBC, ABC, etc. WB would never allow something as big as Batman to HBO, the viewership of paid cable channels are far too low. Batman is a billion dollar franchise.

And I hate Smallville and can't stand the idea of the stupid "early years" thing where the hero can't have a costume. I'm glad that young Bruce Wayne show never got made.

Should a TV show depict Joker's origin? I want to hear other people's thoughts before posting my own.

It seems like in the film industry more freedom is given, unlike television shows that are forced to fit in with our pop culture. An example would be Smallville (I only liked the show for it's quality. It has nothing to do with my interest in Superman). I can't picture a Batman television show going over too well. It'll most likely just be a one-hour weekly show that revolves around drama between Bruce Wayne and some love interest with the final 2 minutes being a glimpse of Batman doing two, maybe three punches at some random henchman.

If they can do this properly then I'm all for it. However I'd rather prefer a new Batman animated television show that is adult oriented (like the DC animated film Batman Under the Red Hood). There is so much more you can do on animation that I doubt they'd go through just for a one-hour television show.

On the subject of Leslie Thompkins, would it be a good idea to change her backstory so she's an old childhood friend of Bruce's mom, or should she forever stay the lone stranger who comforted him on the night of his parents' murder?

I would like to see the original pre-joker Red Hood in a tv series.
It would also be interesting if there was a storyline in the show for Dick Grayson, his parents are killed and now Bruce adopts him but doesn't want him to risk his life in crime fighting like himself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"