Batman live action TV series

ray243

Civilian
Reaction score
Well...given that there is alot of high-budget shows with good effects and production values, like the terminator in the sarah conner chronicles ...I was wondering if it is possible to see a batman series set AFTER the third Nolan film.

There is almost no need for CGI at all really...hence, it can be made with a smaller budget, and given that they can just shoot on location, in chicago...there is not much need for props. Basing gotham in a more plausible world makes the budget for a batman series much lower, as compared to setting it in a Burton era gotham.

Also, no need to have to much CGI-heavy villian.

All it needs is just some good story telling.

live action Batman belongs on the big screen and the big screen onlyyy

!!

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier, and wanted to make a post. You beat me to it.

I figure since we're probably gonna lose Nolan and Co. after number 3, why not go for a TV series afterwards? An hour-long, live action version of BTAS that follows after Nolan's third film.

It would give them a chance to explore the universe so much more. They could go through so many more storylines and have so many more characters, rather than being limited to only 2 and half hours of story every 3 years.

So I vote yes, unless Nolan, Bale, Oldman, Freeman, and Caine all want to do a fourth movie.

Another reason is...after Nolan has completed the 3rd film, there is bound to have a time gap in between the current film series, and the next film series.

A tv series should fill that gap up nicely.

I like this idea. It could be relatively easy to do. If S***ville is allowed to exist then Batman should have no problem, especially now. Cool thing is we would be able to see the more obscure Batman villains, since they can't just rehash The Joker or Scarecrow.

I wouldn't want this show to last forever though, maybe 3 seasons, 5 tops.

It shouldn't last forever, but I'd like it to last long enough to cover most of the really good, important Batman story arcs. If they leave Robin out of Batman 3, then his introduction could be the first major plot point for the series. You could get through a whole lot of the mythology if you had a few seasons of 22 hour-long episodes.

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier, and wanted to make a post. You beat me to it.

I figure since we're probably gonna lose Nolan and Co. after number 3, why not go for a TV series afterwards? An hour-long, live action version of BTAS that follows after Nolan's third film.

It would give them a chance to explore the universe so much more. They could go through so many more storylines and have so many more characters, rather than being limited to only 2 and half hours of story every 3 years.

So I vote yes, unless Nolan, Bale, Oldman, Freeman, and Caine all want to do a fourth movie.

i didnt picture myself saying this but i agree. with the major success of some of these tv shows it could be cool. would have to have superb storytelling and very intriguing ideas but it could work. you could use the new flexible suit and also use the tumbler. i would look forward to it every season.

Only if HBO did it, as they're the only network that could do it, keep the darkness, and make it not look cheap. I actually had a dream about that after Batman Begins. It was kind of a cross between "The Wire" and Nolan's Bat-verse, and it was called "Gotham." I know, I'm not very creative when I'm unconscious.

But yeah, it would be awesome if HBO took a chance on material like this.

or showtime. that would b cool. i have a lot of respect for showtime after dexter and californication

^So do I. In fact, I don't even regularly watch any shows on HBO anymore, and I love 2 on Showtime (Weeds and Dexter). BUT, they don't seem to have the budgets that HBO does. They're fine with simple real-world shows, but I don't think they could do something as big-budget as a superhero show would have to be and NOT have it looking cheap.

A Batman TV series could be very fun to watch if done correctly. Who would you guys want involved with it? Do you think you'd want Dini or Timm to take a stab at live action?

I would love a live action series. It would also be great to see villains we probably wont see in the movies.

Id love to see them do Mad Hatter, Clayface(just do him similar to the way he was on BoP), Croc and Ivy.

it would be good i reckon, if its set after nolans three movies then it could branch Batman and the world out cos with the movie we dont see much of the mobs operations with a tv series we could see Batman fighting drug runs, gun runs, human trafficking that sort of thing.

I'd really love to see a truly well done Batman live action TV series. One that balances Bruce and Batman out, and one which is based heavily off of the Nolan-verse. bad place, maybe Nolan could be the Executive Producer. Or some of the producers of the current films. Goyer. Those types. Keep it in that creative family.

Obviously, they would need to do a total recast.

I'd find a veteran actor for Alfred and maybe Gordon. But the rest need to be less-well-knowns. Late 20s, early 30s age range. Gordon should be mid-40s. Alfred should be 50s, if not older. Ideally I'd find an actor who was 50s and looked older, could play 60s. They just have to make sure they do it in a serious vain; avoid the 'Smallville' mid-way between camp and serious, and avoid the camp of the 1960s.

I also would accept a new Joker in a series. I could never accept another Joker on film. Heath owned that roll on the big screen. In a show, though, I could accept it. Especially if they based him heavily upon Heath's Joker.

I would like to see the origins of the villains re-told in the show. Or told, as it where, for many of them. Having so many repeat villains would be a chore, I imagine, though. They would need to keep the entire Rogue's Gallery on contract. Which could get expensive as the years went on. Then again the regular cast would only be Bruce, Alfred, and Gordon with everyone else "guesting" as need be.

They should also make sure they spend at least a season or two, if not more, with Harvey Dent as DA, before he becomes Two-Face.

They would also be able to do some evolution stuff. Have the first bat suit be cloth, only for him to quickly find out he needs some protection. Have the first Batmobile be just a car, only to find out he needs something unique.

They should also make sure they spend at least a season or two, if not more, with Harvey Dent as DA, before he becomes Two-Face.

Huh? Have you seen TDK? That all already happened. This shouldn't be a retread of what Nolan has already done, it should take place afterwards.

Also, as another idea, I've always wanted a Gotham Central show. Rumor has it they were gonna do that a while back, but did Birds of Prey instead. Awesome how that turned out. It'd be great to just have a Law and Order-esque show about the Gotham PD.

Katsuro said:
It'd be great to just have a Law and Order-esque show about the Gotham PD.

Oh yes...

2uikxgk.png

TUN TUN!!!

honestly, i wouldnt be interested in a batman show if its just ripping off nolan....i'd it do its own thing

This could work very well. But if this decides to happen it should only be done after the third movie. My dream length for if this does happen is about 8 season with 22-24 episodes per season that all run for an hour. CG could be used but maybe for something like hallucinations ala Batman Begins Scarecrow Toxin or for Ivy's control over plants.

Oh yes...

2uikxgk.png

TUN TUN!!!

A friend of mine once told me about a t-shirt with exactly that image on it. I went and looked it up, and have wanted it ever since.

honestly, i wouldnt be interested in a batman show if its just ripping off nolan....i'd it do its own thing

It should definately pick up where Nolan's movie's left off, but I agree that in terms of style it should do it's own thing. Not too drastically, of course. I dont want to go all Burton-esque or anything, but a tad bit more fantastical than Nolan is used to would be nice.

Same. Nolan's universe takes a very realistic view of Gotham. Villains like Clayface, Manbat, Killer Croc, etc. wouldnt be able to exist in his Batman universe.

Plus, as much as I love BB and TDK (and I really, really do) they arent really all that fun, in a traditional superhero way. I would like to see that in a live-action series.

I also would love the idea of having Paul Dini and Bruce Timm involved. Dini has actually written live-action before (he wrote an episode of Lost. Not bad, huh?)

I'd like a live-action Batman series, but not connected to the movies. It wouldn't be the same, and IMO I wouldn't see anyone else in the roles being occupied by the actors in Nolan's movie. I'd like a show that was based heavily from The Man Who Falls, Year One, etc.

An animated series based on the Nolanverse on Adult Swim would work for me, though.:brucebat:

I'd like a live-action Batman series, but not connected to the movies. It wouldn't be the same, and IMO I wouldn't see anyone else in the roles being occupied by the actors in Nolan's movie. I'd like a show that was based heavily from The Man Who Falls, Year One, etc.

An animated series based on the Nolanverse on Adult Swim would work for me, though.:brucebat:

But isnt that basically what Nolan has been giving us, especially in Batman Begins? I would like to see later stuff in his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"