'Batman' nabs suspect for British police

Morg

Grumpy mod
Staff member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/holy-smokes-batman-nabs-suspect-british-police-122410094.html

LONDON (Reuters) - A mystery man dressed as Batman demonstrated the same crime-fighting skills as the caped crusader when he handed over a suspect wanted for burglary in Britain.

Closed-circuit television footage showed a portly figure wearing an ill-fitting costume including gloves, cape and mask, bringing a 27-year-old man to a police station in Bradford in northern England.

The suspect was arrested and charged with handling stolen goods and fraud-related offences, said the force. But the costumed crime-fighter disappeared into the night without leaving his name.

"The person who brought the wanted man into the station was dressed in a full Batman outfit," said a spokeswoman for West Yorkshire Police. "His identity, however, remains unknown."

The suspect was handed over in the early hours of February 25, said police who released photos of the footage on Monday.

That's it, I have found my calling...wheres my sewing machine.

Why did they blur out his face? :funny:

That wouldn't have flown over here. Due to the guns and everything.

So this is what he's been doing since The Dark Knight Rises.

This is genius. I always thought Batman fit in better in the UK than being a quintessionally American hero (s***storm in 3...2...1...)

This is genius. I always thought Batman fit in better in the UK than being a quintessionally American hero (s***storm in 3...2...1...)

Well, he is the hero most Brit writers love to take on. That whole dark, almost not really a superhero kind of thing he has going on.

Bale's let himself go...REBOOT. REBOOT NOW PLEASE. CAN WE GET A REBOOT IN HERE?

He's a member of the Justice League of Cheeseburgers.

The guy isn't overweight he was wearing a tracksuit under his costume as he just cameback from the soccer league final in London.

Well...as long as he doesn't go around macing random people.

Aren't guns outlawed in the U.K.? Probably plays a major factor.

Only the police and army are allowed to carry firearms. Even then, there is only a special police unit which are always armed.

There is no "right to bear arms" in the UK (of course if you are a determined enough criminal then...)

For which I am personally thankful.

We have enough crap to deal with already, without people shooting one another after they get pissed off fighting for the same parking space... :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"