British Police Women shot and blown up by One Eyed Criminal

It's important not to overanalyze this situation too much.

One of Canada's worst police shootings occured in 2005, also in an ambush situation. Four (4!) armed male Mounties in Alberta (real proper, tough cops, not just smalltown bylaw officers here) were gunned down and killed by a single gunman while investigating a rural property seizure.

What conclusions can you possibly draw from that? That men aren't tough enough to be cops? That police officers should travel in groups larger than 4? That they shouldn't have been armed, or been more heavily armed?

An ambush is an ambush. When guns are involved, a bad outcome for the ambushee is almost certain.

Was it really 2005? I was in St. Albert in 2010 and it was still in all the papers then! It was initially over a truck wasn't it?

I think all this particular story does is open old wounds over here, with things like the recent shootings and the death of Sharon Beshenivsky still fresh in peoples minds. I don't think guns would've helped in this particular situation, but in countless others? Who knows, it's interesting though.

Last edited:
Was it really 2005? I was in St. Albert in 2010 and it was still in all the papers then! It was initially over a truck wasn't it?

I think all this particular story does is open old wounds over here, with things like the recent shootings and the death of Sharon Beshenivsky still fresh in peoples minds. I don't think guns would've helped in this particular situation, but in countless others? Who knows, it's interesting though.

Not sure if we're thinking about the same thing, but I was referring to the Mayerthorpe massacre.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/mystery+Mayerthorpe+massacre/1806177/story.html

And yes, it has been 7 long years now since that happened. To be honest, it's bit hazy right now as to what the original call was, whether it was a stolen truck or grow-op seizure or something. :(

Not sure if we're thinking about the same thing, but I was referring to the Mayerthorpe massacre.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/mystery+Mayerthorpe+massacre/1806177/story.html

And yes, it has been 7 long years now since that happened. To be honest, it's bit hazy right now as to what the original call was, whether it was a stolen truck or grow-op seizure or something. :(

Yep that be the one, shocking stuff it was literally like a film, losing radio contact, the last stand shootout. Just noticed on Wiki that 2 guys tried to appeal their sentences in 2010 so that'll be why I saw and heard so much about it.

Sadly, in place of gun violence they have a huge knifing problem.

That's hardly worse than gun violence. A nutjob with a knife could hurt three or so people. A nutjob with a gun kills dozens.

Usually threatening to taser someone and yelling at them gets the job done for British police

[YT]6fSVejb1CYI[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"