batman novels

W

watsonuk1

i have just bought 2 novels from ebay. batman no mans land and knightfall. i like the idea of turning the comics into novels. i was wondering if there was any other batman novels out there as they dont sell them in the uk

Yeah, there's some more. I read one called "Fear Itself", it involved Scarecrow, it was pretty good. There's also one called "Inferno" by Alex Irvine. I know there are some others, I've seen them at the store but I'm not sure if they have them in the UK. If they don't have them at your local bookstore, let me know, I can try to find them and mail them for you.

cool. ive had a look in the book stores here and we dont have any. if you could list what is out over there i can prob find them on ebay. im reading knightfall and its great.

Here are some that I have found (in addition to the 2 I mentioned earlier):

The Batman Murders by Craig Shaw Gardner
Batman: To Stalk a Specter by Simon Hawke
Batman: Dead White by John Shirley
The Stone King by Alan Grant

Hope this helps.

Denny O'Neil's adaptations of Knightfall and Batman Begins are excellent, must-reads for true fans of The Batman.

He also penned the adaptation of The Dark Knight, which I'm reading--and very much enjoying--right now.

O'Neil is the godfather of modern Batman comics, and he fills out these adaptations with details and Easter eggs from his extensive comic book experience and knowledge that make these books so rich and entertaining.

I love how he gives certain attributes of Gibson's The Shadow to The Batman in the Knightfall and Batman Begin adaptations. In both books, Bruce Wayne is shown changing into The Batman in the backseat of his limo as Alfred drives. This was something Lamont Cranston did himself in the backseat of Moe Shrevnitz's cab in the old Shadow pulps.

I highly recommend these. Enjoy!

'Hood

While in stores I have seen TDK and No Man's Land, I have never seen BB or Knightfall, both of which I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"