BvS Batman Physique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strength will only get you so far in a battle. In a more grounded Man of Steel universe, having more muscle doesnt mean you can take on 5 guys by yourself. The new batman IMO needs to rely heavily on gadgets and brains to come out on top, not just muscle.

Exactly, in this new DC universe Snyder has established, humans can't do **** to any of these super powered beings unless they have a brain and/or really fking high tech gadgets.

Strength will only get you so far in a battle. In a more grounded Man of Steel universe, having more muscle doesnt mean you can take on 5 guys by yourself. The new batman IMO needs to rely heavily on gadgets and brains to come out on top, not just muscle.

Well I never said anything about changing the core of Batman's character I'm talking visual aesthetics here, physique is the look of a body now your getting into something completely off topic.

That and just stating the obvious.

Probably 6 ft.+, 190lbs+

Other than that I don't really care.

Tony Horton-esque would be great:

t43u.jpg

I wanna see a huge, tall, brick ***** house batman. But, performance comes first, i dont want a body builder who cant act for his life, but it would be nice to see someone Cavills size or bigger

Bale in BB was soft, he was holding a lot of water because the definition was simply not there.

The new Batman should be more along the lines of how Bale was in American Psycho, lighter but more cut up and very quick/agile/flexible.

You're awfully flirty today.

I thought Bale was too bulky in Batman Begins. He looked good obviously but there is something about how he looked that I didn't like for Batman. Maybe it was that stupid costume adding even more bulk that is threw me off.

:cwink:

This thread is about to get very gay very fast
Boom! I am here. The gayness is official. :p

I love these threads. Nothing better than a bunch of straight dudes talking about men's bodies.

Also, howdy, ladies!

...This is all I have to contribute.

Oh, other than I think Bats ought to be burlier than Bale was.

Only if you turn it into one, nothing wrong with hetro guys talking about other guys physiques (ever been to a body building forum) and for those not mature enough to discuss this they can stay out and if they refuse I am sure a mod will have a quick word.

Alright buddy. :whatever: And no, I've never been to a body building forum.

Out of every superhero I think more empathesis should be on the way Batmans physique is shown because he a human who engages in gruelling training to possess the abilities he has, whoever is cast should aim for an absolutely amazing looking body that looks powerful and agile. I thought Bale didn't do Batman justice in regards to the body especially is the two sequels after Begins

I think to contrast with Cavill's Superman physique (which is perfect) Batman should look extremely vascular and even sinewy.

Batman will have a similar physique as Henry in MOS. Zack likes his comic book heores to look like their comic counterparts.

and the bar has been raised by henry in MOS, after it being raised by marvel.

so in short, Batman will be built like a brick house.

He needs to be able to fill out a Batman costume. Simple as. They shouldn't cast a guy just because he is a giant.

Like an olimpian athlete, not like a body-builder.

Also, throw in some scars and stuff, that is cool.

Batman will have a similar physique as Henry in MOS. Zack likes his comic book heores to look like their comic counterparts.

and the bar has been raised by henry in MOS, after it being raised by marvel.

so in short, Batman will be built like a brick house.
Zack will definitely push the actor cast as Batman very hard. This is what he had to say about the physicality he portrays on screen.
I like designing male icons I guess that's how it is - fitness icons - that's the real goal. No it's true and I guess I bring it on myself a little bit (to design these icons). It was really important from the beginning. I told Henry, "Listen, you are gonna be wearing this skin tight suit and I want you to look like... you know... a freak... like you should be in crazy shape." And he really said he embraced the concept a 100% because (of) you know the idea that you see the suit and you can see his body underneath it and you think "Oh that's gotta be a rubber suit, right?". (So) then I really wanted to include a scene where he had no shirt on so that you could say, "Wait a minute, that is what's under there".
Batman will join a long line of Snyder heroes - Leonidas, Manhattan, Superman who all were insanely built.

I'm sure Snyder will again look to Mark Twight & Gym Jones to turn the new Batman into shape, along with getting Henry back to where he was. I'm curious, though, if they'll ever have the two train together, or keep them separated? I'm sure it'll depend on the story and how close or at odds the characters are.

Oh they invariably would end up training together. It takes about 6-8 months of training to get where Cavill was at in MOS. And since both Cavill and the Batman actor will be training with Twight & Gym Jones, their training periods will overlap and they will indeed end up training together.

About the competition though, Deborah Snyder the producer indicated that Shannon and Cavill did do some competitive sessions in the gym.

Oh they invariably would end up training together. It takes about 6-8 months of training to get where Cavill was at in MOS. And since both Cavill and the Batman actor will be training with Twight & Gym Jones, their training periods will overlap and they will indeed end up training together.

About the competition though, Deborah Snyder the producer indicated that Shannon and Cavill did do some competitive sessions in the gym.
Just because their training periods might overlap doesn't guarantee they'll have training sessions together. Cavill never trained with Shannon or Traue. They were kept separate as a way to further help the training reinforce their characters.

Like I said, Cavill did train with Shannon sometimes.

And Mark Twight has other clients besides Snyder's actors. So he can't spend 2-3 hour with Cavill and 2-3 hours with the Batman actor everyday. If their training is similar he might club them together atleast some of the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"