Batman Begins Heroic Archetypes - Batman Begins

Avengers got some bad reviews didn't it. All movies do. Didn't see the fans sending the death threats then.

Except for the ones who did send death threats, misogynistic rants, and even SMJ calling out one of the reviewers.

I never heard of any of the Avengers fans sending any death threats.

Do you have a link to this?

Except for the ones who did send death threats, misogynistic rants, and even SMJ calling out one of the reviewers.

Liar liar pants on fire. No Avengers groupies sent any death threats. Don't make things up to try and make the shameful Nolan fans look better.

Avenger fanboys are just as shameful when ONE negative review spurs hateful comments. Wait for the sequel I say...wait for the sequel.

The Avengers fanboys were just as bad as any TDKR fanboy was during the initial negative Avengers review.

Lol, death threats is only as bad as any other hatred-filled threat simply because that's all it is. Full on hate.

Lol, death threats is only as bad as any other hatred-filled threat simply because that's all it is. Full on hate.

Ehhh no there's a difference between calling people names and saying you're gonna murder them.

Ehhh, no there's a difference only when someone ACTUALLY murders you.

Oh come on, Anno, you cannot compare calling people insulting names and threatening their lives. Death threats are far more extreme. RT had to shut down their whole comments section over that. It was that serious. That's never happened before, and reviewers get insulted all the time on RT.

I've never viewed death threats any different then insulting comments. Both are extremely rude and both have nothing behind them. People are not going to kill and only say such in a comment/post/e-mail/whatever. I see them both being crude and very rude.

I don't see how you could call threatening someone's life, whether they intend to do it or not, in the same vein as just calling them names. It's like saying insulting someone's loved ones is the same as calling them an idiot.

There's vary degrees of insults and bad behavior, and sending death threats is just about the worst you can go.

EDIT; Should really apologize to Nave for veering his thread off topic! Sorry Nave.

Last edited:
Sure, it's the worst you can go, but it's still a degree of insult and behavior. It's only when those death threats come to fruition is it becomes over the top. All insults are bad-mannered and I'm sorry to RT's critics who were the center of those death threats, but I'm sure the critics didn't take them to heart either.

It doesn't matter if it's still a form of bad behavior, it's the most extreme form of bad behavior. It's like saying murder and theft are both forms of breaking the law, but you know one is far worse than the other. That's the point, and there's no excuse for it. How The Avengers fans behaved over that review was not nearly as bad as how the TDKR fans behaved over theirs.

Whether they take these things to heart or not, it's still incredibly bad form over a review.

Lol, you can try to bring up another comparison to make a difference, but I still feel both, while different degrees of insult, is just that. Insults. Terrible manners. But if that's all it is, then that's all it is, just words. All words wield power and death threats may hold more power to them, but I still feel that's all it is. Just words.

It doesn't matter if it's still a form of bad behavior, it's the most extreme form of bad behavior. It's like saying murder and theft are both forms of breaking the law, but you know one is far worse than the other. That's the point, and there's no excuse for it. How The Avengers fans behaved over that review was not nearly as bad as how the TDKR fans behaved over theirs.

Whether they take these things to heart or not, it's still incredibly bad form over a review.

Quoted for truth.

Fudgie, seeing your oh-so-many 'Quote For Truth's' posts is giving me one huge headache, lol.

But, Joker, to add to our discussion, it's like if someone says 'Justin Bieber should die'. Said person will never do such a thing, but only say it. No fanboy is going to actually kill a critic. It's sad to hear for this and also for my example, but that's all it is as I said; words.

Fudgie, seeing your oh-so-many 'Quote For Truth's' posts is giving me one huge headache, lol.

My heart bleeds for ya.

Maybe if ya stop logging in and out every 5 minutes it might help your head hahaha.

Last edited:
Lol, you can try to bring up another comparison to make a difference, but I still feel both, while different degrees of insult, is just that. Insults. Terrible manners. But if that's all it is, then that's all it is, just words. All words wield power and death threats may hold more power to them, but I still feel that's all it is. Just words.

I'm not trying to make a difference, I'm showing you an analogy which equates to what you're saying. You're labeling them both as bad behavior, but bad behavior comes in different extremes.

You equate death threats the same as simple insults just because it's words. Calling someone a fool, and mocking the death of a loved one are both words, too, but one is far more nasty and extreme than the other.

You can write it off as just words as much as you like, I'm just glad RT or any reputable website doesn't treat such behavior so nonchalantly.

But, Joker, to add to our discussion, it's like if someone says 'Justin Bieber should die'. Said person will never do such a thing, but only say it. No fanboy is going to actually kill a critic. It's sad to hear for this and also for my example, but that's all it is as I said; words.

It doesn't matter if they are actually going to kill them or not. You keep trying to excuse this disgusting behavior just because the people who did it are too cowardly to follow through on it.

I don't even get the point of this argument. Some Avengers fans got out of line...some TDKR fans got out of line in an even more extreme way...

What's that supposed to mean, the Avengers fanbase is better? Anybody remember that MOVIEWORLDEXPRESS idiot? I don't even know if he's still around on Youtube cause his account got banned like 50 times. All he did was go on super profane rants that bashed Nolan in every other sentence and would incessantly reply to anyone who said anything positive about the Nolan Bat-films, even if it was civilized, by calling them f*gs and Nolan c**k su****s, etc, etc.

Then you have Hollywood Rape who ended one of his Youtube rants by telling all "Nolanites" to go die.

Bottom line...fandom of any kind...you get a bunch of a cool people, you get some rotten apples. Some more rotten than others, but that doesn't have any reflection on the more normal folks.

Proud to be a Bat-fan and a Nolan fan, despite the embarrassing actions of some.

I don't even get the point of this argument. Some Avengers fans got out of line...some TDKR fans got out of line in an even more extreme way...

The point is ain't no fan base has ever behaved like that ever over a movie. Ya can't find one example in movie history of it where dozens of fans went and did that. It had to be a heck of a lot of 'em if they shut down Tomatoes comments section. Fact.

Yup that makes any bunch of fans better than them cos none of 'em ever sunk that low.

The point is ain't no fan base has ever behaved like that ever over a movie. Ya can't find one example in movie history of it where dozens of fans went and did that. It had to be a heck of a lot of 'em if they shut down Tomatoes comments section. Fact.

Yup that makes any bunch of fans better than them cos none of 'em ever sunk that low.

It makes any bunch of fans better than the idiots who wrote those comments. Not better than all Batman fans.

Definitely. I am a Nolan Batman fan, and I am nothing like those creatures that posted those vitriolic comments. I don't taint all of us with the same brush as them. But there is no excuse for their behavior. In the ten years I've been mixed up on the internet superhero fan bases I've never seen that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"