Batman & Robin vs Superman IV

Superman 4. I actually like the scene with Superman changing back and forth to Clark Kent with the Lois/Lana dates. Reminds me of that scene in Mrs. Doubtfire where Robin Williams is trying to have dinner as two different people. There's nothing worth watching in Batman and Robin. I saw that garbage in theaters as a kid and even back then I knew it sucked.

Never... You can't make me do this...... I plead the fifth!!! *jumps out of window*

Superman IV: The Quest of Peace is worse.

There's no merit, no underlying value behind its terribleness. In contrast, "Batman & Robin" was made with the intent of being a throwback to the campy Batman of the 60s. The only problem was that no one wanted that after Tim Burton's serious take on the character. Also, that concept was already executed as well as it could be with Batman Forever.

So yeah...... Superman IV sucks. B&R sucks less, and is the lesser evil of the two.

Last edited:
Now, I can answer.

Batman and Robin.

Superman IV died for Masters of the Universe's sins

Now, I can answer.

Batman and Robin.

Superman IV died for Masters of the Universe's sins

Lol. All three are hysterically bad , but i'd say Batman and Robin is the worse of the three of them. Though Superman IV has some laughably bad moments. I'd recommend watching the Nostalgia Critics review of Superman 4. Think McFly Think also had a hilarious podcast dedicated to it a while back as well.

The Masters of the Universe mini doc on Youtube is also hysterical to watch.

I would rather watch Superman IV over Batman & Robin any day of the week. B&R is single handedly, the worst film ever made.

B&R is a film you and your friends can roast, plus it knows what it wants - to be a toy commercial for kids. Superman IV has all these different plots where I think the film is promoting like an anti-nuclear message but there's 10,000 other things going on that I just cannot tell for sure.

Lol. All three are hysterically bad , but i'd say Batman and Robin is the worse of the three of them. Though Superman IV has some laughably bad moments. I'd recommend watching the Nostalgia Critics review of Superman 4. Think McFly Think also had a hilarious podcast dedicated to it a while back as well.

The Masters of the Universe mini doc on Youtube is also hysterical to watch.

The Bat Credit card trigger always kills me :LOL:

This year witnessed the biggest cinematic disappointment since Batman & Robin.
Time to bring this thread up for newcomers and old folks alike to share their thoughts.

Is it easier to watch these now that BvS made many of us cry?

For me, it's about the central performances and I could watch Reeve's performance in a bad Superman film over Clooney's 'lost puppy' effort.

I voted Superman IV because of Chris Reeve's earnestness and the anti-nuclear angle, which is a far nobler intention, imo, than trying to remind people of the worst ever era of the Dark Knight.

I voted Superman IV because of Chris Reeve's earnestness and the anti-nuclear angle, which is a far nobler intention, imo, than trying to remind people of the worst ever era of the Dark Knight.

Hey, the 60s TV show pretty much revitalized interact in the character, and at least contributed to the character still being followed decades later. There are much worse eras to remind viewers of. :p

Batman & Robin is FAR worse than Superman : QfP.

B&R is the worst CBM ever made. It's a f'king disgrace.

Batman and Robin is bad, but it's at least fun to watch. Superman IV is bad, boring, and looks like it was shot on a $50 budget.

Batman & Robin is FAR worse than Superman : QfP.

B&R is the worst CBM ever made. It's a f'king disgrace.
Just because it's probably the most infamous bad comic book movie doesn't make it the worst ever made. Catwoman, Elektra, The Spirit, Steel, Jonah Hex, Fant4stic and Howard the Duck all exist.

Batman and Robin is bad, but it's at least fun to watch. Superman IV is bad, boring, and looks like it was shot on a $50 budget.

Just because it's probably the most infamous bad comic book movie doesn't make it the worst ever made. Catwoman, Elektra, The Spirit, Steel, Jonah Hex, Fant4stic and Howard the Duck all exist.

In my book it's the worst.

I just hate it with a passion that can't be measured 'tis all.

I just hate it with a passion that can't be measured 'tis all.
I used to feel that way until Batman Begins came out and redeemed the franchise cinematically. Now I just embrace it as a parody/homage to the Adam West show and movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"